Your Experiences with Disney Pin Facebook Groups

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by TonkaToy, Jan 25, 2020.

1. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

What do you all think or feel about Facebook Disney Pin Trading and Selling groups?

I think I am going to quit the two groups I am signed up with. I've sold and traded pins with some success on them in the past. Recently though, I just keep hitting a wall. Either with sales that fall through, snippy administrators, massive amounts of posts that push other post way to the bottom of the list in as fast as two hours (seemingly never to be found again) and/or constant posts asking "is this fake?"

Maybe it's just me, but I think I am kind of over it. I might need a break...

So curious if it is just me, or do others of you feel like the FB groups may not worth it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  2. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

PREACH!!!!!!!

Connies_Hobby and TonkaToy like this.
  3. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Hahahaha....thanks. My sermon would be long of I were let loose.

4. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    68   0   0

It makes me sad you have had this experience. I have found many of the facebook groups a great way to trade and purchase pins. Admittedly, I haven't sold in them aside from one or two auctions that went really well. I can understand why they could be so overwhelming to people but I have made some real connections with people in them. I have made some great friends and get some amazing steals through the groups. I also normally buy collections when I do through these groups.

I think a lot of it depends on which groups you participate in. Some are wonderful and some can be very cliquey or snarky or super busy. I'm sorry you haven't had a good experience with them and you should take a break from them if you feel you need it. I am happy to share some groups I like via message.

5. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I was thinking this too. I would love to hear your suggestions via PM.

In the past I have had fairly good experiences, it has just been in the last 4 or 5 months that things have changed for me.