Your recent non-pin acquisitions!

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Randakinskywalker, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hope it's okay to post something like this, but I love seeing new and old merch alike, and as many of us are Disney collectors outside of pins, I thought it would be fun to have a thread to share when we receive something new! Different from the showroom because it can be a small haul or just a new singular item you're excited about! Post those things here!

I'll start.

[​IMG]
    I already had Brer Rabbit, but I'm super excited to add Brer Bear, Brer Fox, and little Wishables Brer Rabbit to the family! I got a smoking deal on them which I still can't believe, which makes them even better. Brer Bear is soft and makes a great pillow.

2. Hope Princess

Hope Princess Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I got that Brer Rabbit plush at Disney, it’s so soft and nice! Great haul!

Purplemandms likes this.
  3. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

What a fun idea for a thread!

Also, fun story about the Br’er rabbit plushie (that I own.) I was working at Splash the day they were released, and of course didn’t know about the release until I got there for my closing shift. My coordinator tried really hard to get me so that I could change out of my costume and buy one during one of my breaks, but it didn’t work out. I got up early the next day and got one before my shift, and my coord was super happy to see I got one because they had sold out that day (during my shift). She told me “that’s all I could think about today, is if you were able to get your rabbit”. It was a great memory. (That and nabbing one of the last Funko’s, since those were released two days into my working there.)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Hope Princess and Meritre like this.
  4. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Really cute story! Are you still a CM?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Sadly, no. My CP ended in January, and I then spent the last six months either interviewing for grad schools or working for the National Park Service. I hope that one day I’ll be back though. :)

Haunted575 likes this.
  6. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Aww, still really cook though! I'd love to do the CP one day.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

It's definitely a unique and unforgettable experience! If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer and share my experience.

8. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Awh, I love that story! It's super sweet she helped you so that (or at least tried to). I happened to be at DLR around the time they restocked the big Brer Rabbit plush and I snatched him up so fast. He has the softest toes. Lol.

9. fredriclynnea

fredriclynnea A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

0   0   0

I want those plushes so bad! Since I do not live near either park in America I have to fly and I always have an internal fight with myself over purchasing larger items. They look so cute together.

10. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

@fredriclynnea Be a bad person like I was-- I bought and paid for a whole second suitcase almost exclusively for bringing Disneyland Paris stuff home when I went to Europe. Don't regret it one bit.

Anywho, I just found this keychain at Goodwill. Anyone know anything about it? It's branded for California Adventure and seems to be from 2010 based on the date of the World of Colour liscence plate. Was not able to find a value on it! It's not for sale anywhere on a secondhand market. Isn't it pretty though?

[​IMG]