• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapping madness

ZAPPED! Zapping madness

Pinfun

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Last two weeks have been madness for me. I was in intensive training for a solid week to help my youngest son obtain his new skilled companion service dog. In the midst of it all I was trying to resolve a pin error with Rasputin and purchase pins from Tinkerbelle1956. Here's where the story begins:

First I played Rasputin's game hoping to get the stitch pin for my oldest son. Well I didn't, so I picked a prize just for traders, but there was an issue with one of the pins. Rasputin graciously offered to replace it, but sent me a slightly confusing email with a picture of pins to select from. So I showed it to my son and he listed his top 5 choices. I sent it back to Rasputin and said, I didn't understand the wording, so here's his top picks, I leave it to you to decide what you think is the right substitute. Instead, Rasputin sent him all 5 to enjoy:

but the pins took a wrong turn and went to FL. This is where our second zap came in. Purplemandms got the pins and opened the package - gave them to Dumbo and sent them back on their way.

Meanwhile somewhere else in the US, tinkerbelle1956 was busy packaging up the tinker collection I bought from her. But then she decided to add an extra "sun" pin for me and a few pins for my boys:

but why stop there? There were still empty pockets in the pin bag so she also included:

and and and

and the final piece. The only thing she called a zap - the Vinylmation card to match the Vinylmation she also included that matched the Vinylmation pin that was part of the purchase.

The lovely kindness and generosity of this community is just amazing. Thanks Rasputin, Purplemandms, and Tinkerbelle1956.

Oh hooray! I'm glad they finally made it home safely. :) And I would have felt bad if they made it all the way to the other coast but had nothing to show for it! (Plus Dumbo's a great navigator.)

Back