• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend ordered with no problem, it's the main couples I'm thinking will be harder.

Now I'm just waiting to see if there will be new Frozen or new ornaments on the website tonight. :)

I think I'll head back to bed. :). Hopefully it will be this easy to order the other couples; I don't like hassle. ;). 3:30 am by my clock, so she's been online (and available) for 30 minutes, which isn't bad!!!

I am really surprised! I had no trouble getting her in store. Only 4 people showed up. No excitement at all here online. Will be interesting to see what happens next week.

I am really surprised! I had no trouble getting her in store. Only 4 people showed up. No excitement at all here online. Will be interesting to see what happens next week.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to compare this release to the others. In my experience, the first sets to be released are usually online a lot longer (Snow White was online last year for 2 weeks- I bought her at the same time I bought the Rapunzel set). In addition to this, I haven't heard too much hype for Tiana. Don't get me wrong, she's a very beautiful doll, but Naveen is a pretty big miss and Tiana's dress is incredibly similar to other versions of her doll. I would expect Cinderella, Mulan, and Briar Rose to be the more popular ones in this collection, mostly because the Cinderella dress is a different approach to her original dress, Mulan is very well done and there are a lot of beautiful details worked into her outfit (in addition to Shang looking exactly like his character in the movie), and Briar Rose because we haven't gotten a limited edition doll of her in her peasant dress before. Not saying that Tiana or Pocahontas aren't beautiful, but I just think the last three have a bit more unique points that will draw in a larger amount of buyers.

Tiana is the least popular doll, so the following dolls should sell out faster - especially Cinderella and Briar Rose.
I like Tiana though and I'm looking forward to getting my full set :) But, as people say, Naveen is a miss.

Oh my god these are stunning photos! I honestly never liked the set but after seeing up close of Tiana's eyebrows and dimples (which I didn't notice till now) I'm seriously contemplating!!!

It is so her, the expression of her eyebrows (I didn't notice until I debox her ^^").
I think Pocahontas sell will be quiet as Tiana's. Things will become serious with Cinderella's release.
Thank you very much for my photos ^^ I am glad you like them ^^

Everyone's pictures are tempting me to get the set, but I have already set out a certain amount of money for all these doll releases coming up. So I'm just telling myself that I still don't like how big Tiana's head is, or how Naveen's face and hair sculpt is off. But if they look so good in people's personal pictures, I wonder how beautiful the other dolls will look! :D

well i caved and bought the couple, along with a few infinity figures i've had my eye on, hopefully they all arrive to me safely!

I'm going for Cindy and probably Briar Rose, but I'm really tempted by Mulan and a little by Pocahontas. Mulan's dress has so many lovely details and I LOVE how close Shang looks to his movie counterpart. I think he's the best done out of the males in this release. Hm, maybe time to sell a doll I was holding onto for trades... or buy a lottery ticket!

I'm really tempted to get Tiana from seeing these pictures! She looks pretty in the promo pics but she is stunning in the pics on here. Disney should hire some of the photographers on here to take photos of their products they always make them look more appealing than the pics on Disney's website. Congrats to everyone who got her :D

I'm trying to save money and I really want LE Maleficent but Tiana is really speaking to me right now haha. If I don't get her I imagine it won't be too tough getting her second hand. Unfortunately she isn't one of the most popular princesses so I don't think she'd be as in demand as some of the others on the second hand market. Maybe she'll last until Black Friday and be on sale haha.

It's taken all the self control I can muster not to buy Tiana. I only plan on buying 2 dolls in this collection and I'm starting to think Tiana will be one of those dolls. However, Pocahontas was always a favorite of mine from childhood... I don't have the money for both of them. I'm still debating between Briar Rose and Mulan. Mulan is by far my favorite doll in this series but I don't collect her merch. Aurora is so gorgeous and Phillip looks better in person. Decisions, decisions.

Im right there with Ya! I didn't plan on buying tiana even though she is one of my favorite princesses. However, after seeing her pictures taken by other collectors, I quickly changed my mind and I couldn't let her not be in my PATF collection. Especially since, Tiana, will probably be left out of collectors merchandise like Pocahontas and Mulan usually are. I really want briar rose but Mulan and Pocahontas were the ones I was going to originally only buy. I liked cinderella at first but in person, I didn't like her at all......she too cramed in her box and the prince looks like some random guy
It's taken all the self control I can muster not to buy Tiana. I only plan on buying 2 dolls in this collection and I'm starting to think Tiana will be one of those dolls. However, Pocahontas was always a favorite of mine from childhood... I don't have the money for both of them. I'm still debating between Briar Rose and Mulan. Mulan is by far my favorite doll in this series but I don't collect her merch. Aurora is so gorgeous and Phillip looks better in person. Decisions, decisions.

Beautiful pics of Tiana and Naveen. Even looked at the Flickr ones makes me want a set and I usually don't do dolls (except Barbie)

I would get Aurora, looking at your sig it looks like you like her and collect Aurora things wereas you said you don't collect Mulan. Also I think if you change your mind Aurora will be more expensive on the secondary market than Mulan. But both dolls are stunning! Aurora and Mulan are my favourite from this set. But I don't collect Mulan so skipping her.

I can't see any of these dolls going for too much more on the secondary market. There will be a lot on there, but I don't think any of these dolls are anything to clamor over. Even Briar Rose, who's been saved for last, isn't the most spectacular LE doll. I love them and plan to get them all, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I don't think these are anything to stress over. So get whichever one you like most, without worrying about getting more later on.

Disney needs to get more creative with the next designer dolls. This princess situation is getting a bit stale. Hopefully they'll listen to our incessant requests for overlooked, underrated characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back