• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

3 Pins I'm Unsure Of

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Pins I'm Unsure Of

LadyArmonua

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have these three pins I'd like to add to my trades list but I can't be certain of their authenticity. My older brother tried to be sweet and pick up a few pins for me but when I went through the bag most of them ended up being scrappers. There are three I know are authentic, two I'm inclined to think are but am not entirely sure and these three I'm very doubtful of but would like to double check. Two are open editions that came in a Deluxe Starter Set and one is a gwp, I think.

The first two are pins [pinpics]52872[/pinpics] and [pinpics]52875[/pinpics]. On the first pin, the Pluto pin, the paint looks sort of streaky in places and there are some obvious dips in the paint. Also, the inside of Pluto's collar seems to be dark blue instead of green. The backstamp looks pretty good and has the year 2007 on it.

The second pin, Ezra, likewise has obvious streaking and some dips. The lines look a bit thicker and the backstamp, though also looks clean, says 2008. I'm more inclined to think this one is a scrapper just due to the poor quality and the wrong year.

The last pin is [pinpics]9338[/pinpics], a Goofy pin that was given out in 2002 by the WDW Travel Company. The paint looks okay but it looks like it sunk in all over the place, not really like dips but definitely concave. I'm not sure what the backstamp is supposed to look like but mine is gold with a tight grid pattern. The box on the back says (C) Disney, Walt Disney, Travel Co. Inc., CHINA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd provide photos but I really don't have a very good camera. :/

I've often wondered about this Pluto pin too. I just assumed mine was a scrapper and keep looking for a legit one to compare it too. On mine Pluto's collar is green on the inside, but he has big dips on his body and the edges are rough. I would also like info on this pin if anyone has an authentic one.

We have 52872 bought directly from Disney and 9338 from Disney Travel Company. My phone doesn't take a good picture but as soon as my wife gets home from work, I'll post pictures of both. I can let you know that ours are smooth, no dips etc... And the colors match exactly as described on PP.

Scrapper warnings must have been removed now, but as far as I remember, there used to be scrapper warnings on most of the Where dreams come true Starter Set on Pinpics. I know this for sure, because I happily collected them from lanyards when we were in WDW and then I was rather saddened upon retuning home & checking them on Pinpics.

Well, it'll certainly be disappointing to find out if these really are scrappers, but I do appreciate the insight. If anyone could post pictures so I could try to compare, I would appreciate that.

Got the picture of the Pluto, am still looking for our Goofy Airplane. Hope this helps and as soon as I find Goofy, I'll post him as well

I've tried everything I know to get this pic to show up, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure its not that darn tough to upload a pic, but I'm not to good at computers and a newbie to this forum so ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm so confused about the Pluto. Mine looks just like this, same paint colors. It is just rough on the edges and has dips in
the paint. If hers has a different collar color then does that mean there could be two types of
scrappers out there?

Thanks for the pictures, they really help. I can tell by the Goofy one that I more than likely do have a scrapper version. Not only are the lines thicker on mine, and the dips in the paint, but the backstamp on yours is bigger and farther to the right edge while mine appears to be tiny and centered.

I am still unsure about Pluto, though. Yes, the dips and streaks worry me but the different color of Pluto's collar does make me wonder. Katpogo says her pin has dips but the collar is green. Could it be that there were different runs of scrappers that changed the color in one? Do we both have scrappers? Either way, I'm more than likely to believe mine is scrap. Ah, well, to the trash with these.

I unfortunatly think you both have scrappers. To the best of my knowledge, these pins were out in the scrapper market before Disney even released them. I think, because of this, the starter packs weren't available for sale for to long before they were pulled. We had the Ezra that you have questions with but have traded it off since. It too was smooth with no rough edges, no dips in paint, etc... I'd say you both have scrappers as, if the collar color had 2 variations, PP would have 2 seperate pins listed. They don't, meaning, their are no variations on the collar color.

Just to be on the safe side, I did toss the Ezra pin, too. Getting scrappers is no fun at all but I'd rather trash the ones I have rather than trade them to someone.

Thanks very much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back