• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

a little irritated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
a little irritated....

breadnbutterflies

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
ok traders have every right to counter offer a trade,totally cool with this.im sure we've all done it.yesterday i put in a trade request via pin pics and got a reply today.the pin i was offering was 65649 sleeping beauty for a pro pin of bernard from the rescuers.the person replied back with a counter for his 39378 which has a scrapper alert by the way,and 3769 for my 38087 plus any two others of mine 2 more les and some walle pins.is it just me or does it seem like this person was trying to play me for a fool.because thats what i got from it.i politely pointed out the differences in the offers with a mybe next time.was i out of line?if your going to counter at least be fair about it.:rant::dunno:

I don't think you are out of line, however I myself not liking to deal with any drama, when I see someone trying to rip me off i usually just politely reply something like " thank you for your time, however at this time I am not interested in this trade. perhaps we can trade another time" That way there is no bad blood ya know.

Chumlee...

I've only had one trade via pinpics that I was comfortable with, an OE for OE pin, and even then when I replied sure, the person said they already got the pin and asked for one of my lower level LE's instead. I've also gotten requests to trade my DA pins for some of the new HMs.

I actually prefer to trade here on the forum or purchase the pins I want. There have been a few times that I feel like people will try to tip the scales in their favor, but for the most part when I get weird requests I just don't respond.

First, there's a lot of pins you just mentioned, and I'm not sure who's pins were who's and where they were going. But even if I did, I wouldn't know the values on the pins you mentioned anyhow. A few things I would consider...

Even if there is a scrapper warning on the pin, doesn't mean that what they are offering is a scrapper. Heck, it doesn't even mean that there are scrappers of the pin in existence (again, I didn't look up the pins you mentioned, I don't know if there are scrappers or not). Not all pins with scrapper warning actually have scrappers, and not all pins without scrapper warnings are free from scrappers. You should be cautious with ALL pins you trade for.

Also, I think when someone makes a counter offer, that means they are up for discussion. Sometimes counter offers take time and communication. I've done trades where it's weeks worth of emails back and forth and settling on what we both want and will give up. Just because it's the first counter offer doesn't mean you should give up so quickly. Sure, if you don't want to make the effort you can politely say no, and move on, but I would always recommend discussing it with the trader and seeing what you could work out.

Communication is key! Don't always assume what you think the traders mean is correct. Intent is difficult to interpret online. You can't be sure if the person knows the true value of their pins, or even if they're new to the game. Just talk it out.

Any how. Good luck :)

After reading Grim's post that reminded me: It took a few tries to work out that one trade via PP, so it might be worth the few emails back and forth to try and reach an agreement :)

First, there's a lot of pins you just mentioned, and I'm not sure who's pins were who's and where they were going. But even if I did, I wouldn't know the values on the pins you mentioned anyhow. A few things I would consider...

Even if there is a scrapper warning on the pin, doesn't mean that what they are offering is a scrapper. Heck, it doesn't even mean that there are scrappers of the pin in existence (again, I didn't look up the pins you mentioned, I don't know if there are scrappers or not). Not all pins with scrapper warning actually have scrappers, and not all pins without scrapper warnings are free from scrappers. You should be cautious with ALL pins you trade for.

Also, I think when someone makes a counter offer, that means they are up for discussion. Sometimes counter offers take time and communication. I've done trades where it's weeks worth of emails back and forth and settling on what we both want and will give up. Just because it's the first counter offer doesn't mean you should give up so quickly. Sure, if you don't want to make the effort you can politely say no, and move on, but I would always recommend discussing it with the trader and seeing what you could work out.

Communication is key! Don't always assume what you think the traders mean is correct. Intent is difficult to interpret online. You can't be sure if the person knows the true value of their pins, or even if they're new to the game. Just talk it out.

Any how. Good luck :)

+1

the problem i had withg it was the fact that all the counters except 1 were for propins which i collect so a lot of the times ill give les for them if i feel like its a good trade.in this case it wasnt even close.and this person has alot of refs so im assuming this isnt there first time up to bat.their email was very clear on what they wanted,but maybe i should have tried some of their counters,its just i was kinda taken back at their counters.it is hard to get a feel for atrade via email,but i just got a pin shark kinda feel from this one.and your right grim,alerts dont always mean the pins a scrapper but in my expierence always end up with ones that are.but thanks for all the opinions,i just wanted to make sure i wasnt out of line.

:hs::hs::hs:eek:k i have egg on my face.the person just sent me a very kind email explaining their perspective on trading,and it seems we just have different views on values.thats fine,they were very nice and made me feel ashamed at how i treated them.pin shark comment taken back,and if they happen to be a member on this site i apologize completely,no hard feelings.with that said to quote genie from aladdin "boy do i feel sheepish."

I don't feel like you have anything to apologize for. You were expressing your feelings/frustrations given the information you had. If the trader had explained his/her intentions for the counteroffers when they were made, then maybe you never would have felt like venting in the first place. This is a forum for open expression, and I think you handled it very diplomatically.

I don't feel like you have anything to apologize for. You were expressing your feelings/frustrations given the information you had. If the trader had explained his/her intentions for the counteroffers when they were made, then maybe you never would have felt like venting in the first place. This is a forum for open expression, and I think you handled it very diplomatically.

thank you.im glad i didnt sound too crazy.

....................... A few things I would consider...

......................... Not all pins with scrapper warning actually have scrappers, .................. You should be cautious with ALL pins you trade for.

Also, I think when someone makes a counter offer, that means they are up for discussion. ........................ Sure, if you don't want to make the effort you can politely say no, and move on, but I would always recommend discussing it with the trader and seeing what you could work out.

Communication is key! ...................... Just talk it out. :)

+2

And, no, ya' don't sound crazy. You sound like you're looking for feedback. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back