• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A Question On Prototype Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Question On Prototype Pins

leopardpolkadotspots

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Hello

I am referring to my pin:

pin83152
Pin 83152: Disney Auctions - Lion King Character Set #2 (Adult Nala) Silver Prototype

I believe to have a prototype pin as the back of the pin is a silver colour instead of black.

But it still says on the back LE100. Is this common on prototype pins? Or should it say LE 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 etc?

Please let me know

Thank you.

Usually in the old disney auction days they sold 4 of them making them Le 4
OK take this pin The le 100 is black on the back the gold and silver prototypes`are Le 4
Unlike the Disneyshopping Le 1 ap sets they're stamped AP on the back here is an example below of how the Disney auction ones worked

pin29635

This pin is the Prototype of the base color- Black. It is a prototype for Pin 26226. It is a limited edition to LE4. This prototype pin preceded the actual run of the final gold "Lilo and Stitch #8" pin LE 100, which could only be purchased from Disney Auctions.

*Note* you rarely find these slips maybe folks trashed them who knows.

So JJ is correct

Last edited:
sorry to jump in here, but are like artist proofs and prototypes etc, generally worth more for trading value then say the regular pin, is it like something to point out when trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back