• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Adding a picture when starting a new thread!

Adding a picture when starting a new thread!

huertajv

It's all about the Mouse!
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I have been trying to copy and paste, add image, but nothing!

I do not see where there is anything that says edit attachment, so that is out. I do not see anywhere that I can add a picture.

I used to be able too, but I think some things have changed, and I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Can someone tell me an EASY way to do it?

I cannot have my pictures hosted anywhere but my personal computer, so please do not suggest this. :-(

Thank you everyone.

Vicki

P.S. I did look through the forum to see if there was anything on it, but a lot of the suggestions, I could not even try.

Vicki

When you create a new thread, farther down the page than the posting box is an area called "additional options." In that area, there should be something called "Manage Attachments." Here's a screenshot of where it should appear on the page.
postingpic.jpg

Click on it and a popup should come up. If you have a popup blocker, it maybe stopping it.

On the far right should be a tab with a green button that says "Add files." Click on it.

Another box will appear and the top blue line will have a link to computer or website. Computer is the default. Then at the bottom it says "select files" click on that.

It will bring up the box to browse your computer and select the file.

Once it is selected, click upload file.

In the original popup, it should show that a file has been uploaded. Select it, and then click the "Insert Inline" at the very bottom, right of the popup. It may be too big to fit on the screen, so you may have to resize that window, or scroll down to it. The picture doesn't show up in the message box, but it will have a note about an attachment, and then when you preview your post it should show up.

Last edited:
I will try this, but for some reason I don't recall seeing that.

The crazy thing is, is I've done it in the past. Lol

Vicki

When you create a new thread, farther down the page than the posting box is an area called "additional options." In that area, there should be something called "Manage Attachments." Here's a screenshot of where it should appear on the page.
postingpic.jpg

Click on it and a popup should come up. If you have a popup blocker, it maybe stopping it.

On the far right should be a tab with a green button that says "Add files." Click on it.

Another box will appear and the top blue line will have a link to computer or website. Computer is the default. Then at the bottom it says "select files" click on that.

It will bring up the box to browse your computer and select the file.

Once it is selected, click upload file.

In the original popup, it should show that a file has been uploaded. Select it, and then click the "Insert Inline" at the very bottom, right of the popup. It may be too big to fit on the screen, so you may have to resize that window, or scroll down to it. The picture doesn't show up in the message box, but it will have a note about an attachment, and then when you preview your post it should show up.

Ok, I noticed at the bottom of the page, where Hopemax guidede, that there is nothing pertaining to attachments.

I look further down and it shows that I do not have the permissions for this?

Vicki

Back