• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ads by google

I don't understand why this is a big deal... Not to be a jerk but I think it is a good idea, would you rather pay to go on the website our deal with an ad? websites are not free and someone has to pay for them

I don't understand why this is a big deal... Not to be a jerk but I think it is a good idea, would you rather pay to go on the website our deal with an ad? websites are not free and someone has to pay for them

Not sure if its ironic or not, but your post has.. er, had the ads next to it. Looks like they move around. Either way, made me smile.

I'm ok with the ads. If they are there to keep the site up and running and free, then by all means, keep the ads.

Last edited:
Like I said in the other thread, people willingly contributed to Dizpins to keep their boards ad-free. If asked, I'm sure people would step up to the plate to donate to keep these boards ad-free.

I wholeheartedly agree. Or if you really don't like ads then get some kind of ad blocker.

I was just wondering if others see it too or not, that is all. Sometimes my laptop acts up and I wanted to make sure.

Looks like others are seeing them too, so probably those ads show here "by invitation" which makes them ok.

I just clicked on one of these links out of curiosity. It is ironic because the link leads to another page which in turn shows one of the Ebay auctions that sell traders for $1.09. LOL!

Last edited:
Why don't you try reading carefully BEFORE biting someone's head off? Can you see "if not" in my line? Why would you want ads appear un-invited in the forum????

Sorry not trying to bite anyones head off, there have been a few threads about this and I was getting irritated by the response to a small ad, being a computer engineer i hate when people assume the internet is "FREE"

Personally, I'd be down for a "DPF Gold" Account. Would cost $15/year per account.

Would include items like:
-Members are ad free
-Access to DPF Gold Forum
-Attachments to forums (ie photos), only available to Gold Members
-Double File Size Avatar Photo, Profile Photo, and Signature
-More PM Box space

How does that sound?

sigh, i'll get my popcorn. :)

Oh great, I will bring you some if you can hang in there few more days. It will be sprinked with chili powder of course coming from TX ;)

i was wondering what to zap you with anyway, this might be a nice change from pins :lol:

1+

Personally, I'd be down for a "DPF Gold" Account. Would cost $15/year per account.

Would include items like:
-Members are ad free
-Access to DPF Gold Forum
-Attachments to forums (ie photos), only available to Gold Members
-Double File Size Avatar Photo, Profile Photo, and Signature
-More PM Box space

How does that sound?

Hi All;

I felt that I should post here on behalf of the team addressing the issue -- at the very least, as a courtesy to our members.

Yes; we are running a few sample ad campaigns to see how much revenue is possible from low-impact, non-obtrusive ads to help us with running the site. I say low-impact and non-obtrusive because the ads we have placed thus far have been low in visibility so as to not take away or otherwise adversely affect our member experience negatively (forum footer, tiny links bar in the last post).

We appreciate the concern and suggestions. After we've been able to assess the benefits (and negatives) of these campaigns, as well as taking everyone's suggestions into account, we will make a decision as to how to proceed. Rest assured, everyone here will be the first to know!

Yes; we are running a few sample ad campaigns to see how much revenue is possible from low-impact, non-obtrusive ads to help us with running the site.

Thanks for clearing this, although I have seen your posting late. I would love to help in any way I can for DPF to generate revenue.
So, if we each click on these links, even w/o purchasing anything, does it help DPF in any way?
If yes, I would be happy to click every now and then.

Back