• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice on Tinker Bell pin (Sorry for huge pictures!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice on Tinker Bell pin (Sorry for huge pictures!)

DisneyOlivia

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Apologies also for the bad picture quality.
I'm hoping I'm just being silly and over reacting haha. It's pin 30196 (http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=30196&sid=2084.1342963178.v2).

I aquired this over ebay about a year ago, came on original card, really well wrapped for a total of about $35 Australian. (Approx the same as USD I think, though was cheaper for us before yay!).
The only problem with the front of the pin is a black speck located on the higher wing. Though I think this could just be a manufacturing problem. My real worry is on the back - there is a little bit of metal that slopes up - it looks like extra drips or something. In the picture it's on the right - about where her fringe is.

What do you guys reckon? Still an official Disney pin?
I love love love this pin so really hope so haha :)
securedownload.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited:
Can you blow the pin on top on the right where the back is UP?I would like to see where you mention the dip on it..I see its a DA pin by the gavels on it
but wanted to see what you were ??ing closer up

It's hard to tell from the photo, but as I understand it, the ones with the waffle backs are cut out, not molded, right? My husband works with metal a lot, and I've seen the cut edges of metal sometimes raise up a bit. Disney may not normally let that pass its QA, but I've seen real pins before that had a bit of a flaw.

If you can't see a border as if it were poured in a mold rather than cut out, that seems like a good sign for it being real...

Thanks for the response Judy. I was able to borrow someone's camera and take better quality photos that might help clear it up.
DSCN1352.jpg

(Photobucket wont resize the image.)

And thanks Vixy for that!

OH yeah now that you look at it..it looks like it was flawed in production and it got pass through..I would say it real to me...

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back