• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice Event Pins Trade

Alice Event Pins Trade

rubyslipperedgoddess

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've done the unthinkable and canceled my ticket to go to the event, but I was up all night worrying about where I was going to stay when I was there and how spending so much money just to be at the event was perhaps not the most responsible decision I could make for my family.

Deciding not to go was a very difficult and emotional decision but my family needs to come first, not my pin collection.

I have been on a worker's comp leave for the last 5 1/2 years and with the injuries I've sustained it is unlikely I will ever find a job that will accommodate my restrictions, unless I can find some work from home job where I can make my own hours, which I'm not even sure any of those are legit, I am otherwise unemployable. During this time my parents have been helping my financially and then in Sept my dad had a stroke and could no longer work, which severely affected their income. At that point I made the decision to move back to Oregon where I could help my parents as much as I could, even if it's just not causing them to pay my bills.

This was not something I ever wanted to do, but my parents have always been there for me and now they needed me to be there for them. The story goes on and is much more detailed, but I'm really not looking for anyone's pity so I don't think I need to share anymore.

Anyway...this wasn't an attempt to gain sympathy, but rather an attempt for me to trade for the new Alice pins. Specifically the mystery boxes.

I have for trade 2 2-day park hopper tickets that resale for $161 each. And I'm willing to trade one of those tickets for either a complete set of the mystery pins for 5 boxes, which only total $75, so even if you decide to sell the tickets for only $100, which are good for any day of the week until Oct 29, 2012 that is still a profit of $25. Or perhaps you have to pay to get in on the day of the event, this ticket will take care of that for you, as well as letting you come back a second day.

As I mentioned I do have 2 of these park hopper tickets, so if you're willing to make a trade for a few additional pins, the Eat Me, Drink Me set, the Doorknob jumbo or the Mad Hatter hat figurine, I would be willing to work something out that gives you even more value for the pin. Even if it means that I will pay for the pins at retail prices.

I am willing to negotiate the offer so if interested please contact me. I am not asking you to consider this offer because of my situation but rather because this is a more than generous offer. If you need the tickets to get into the event I will mail them out ASAP, however a deal must be agreed upon before then.

Back