• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I being impatient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I being impatient?
I think people are wary of leaving negative/neutral feedback since the feedback system isn't anonymous.They may feel guilty or fear a backlash from friends of the person they left neg for.

And that's kind of what happened the first time someone left a negative. It was removed, and there was a whole thread, multiple threads actually, about the entire situation. I think it was after that, that this whole PMing and leaving vague messages started. The hardest thing, the moderators, and members are going to have to deal with is when a person is semi-reliable. Sometimes they come through no problem, but sometimes not so much. The easy cases are when someone rips off a bunch of people.

As to the member having a reason. This person was actually on the board tonight so he had to be aware of my concerns considering I sent him private messages. He still chooses not to respond even to say "sorry, I am having such and such a problem". No response is not acceptible. I am somewhat saddened that the majority of you seem to be on the side of someone who seems to be taking advantage of another member and prefer to send messages suggesting that accusations are out of place at this time. Very few have given me much support. I don't know about any of your histories but I started trading on line as an outlet. This was the one place I could go where I was someone other than the mother of special needs kids. The one place where messages weren't about whose child was in the hospital or whose child had died or someone's latest fight to try and get his/her child the care needed. What happens? I get scrappers from people who should know better, sent pins different from what was agreed upon and, now, have to try to fight to get the pins I paid for or my money back. I tried to go by the sytem and use your feedback and still have been screwed. I have tried to find reasons why all of this has happened but am tired of making excuses for other traders. I am out over $500.00 which I should have never spent in the first place (my own fault). Keep protecting each other, keep pretending that pin traders are mostly honest and have a good life. For those interested, I am leaving negative feedback for said member since he hasn't had the decency to respond to me.

I am somewhat saddened that the majority of you seem to be on the side of someone who seems to be taking advantage of another member and prefer to send messages suggesting that accusations are out of place at this time.

That is not true at all. We are just saying that it should be handled in a more professional manner than secret PM's. Have you gotten the moderator's involved? If not, you need to do that ASAP. There are things you can do, but everyone else's getting involved isn't going to help the matter. I'm more concerned with everyone wanting to know the person's identiy than you sharing your dilema.

Not everyone that has been bashing on here lately has been completely innocent in their situations. It is getting a little out of hand and we just don't want anyone to get unjustly accused.

Get the mods involved and if they feel this situation needs to be escalated they will close the person's sales post so that others don't purchase from them.

That is not true at all. We are just saying that it should be handled in a more professional manner than secret PM's.

+1

Sooner or later the names of these "blacklisted" members will come out, and it won't be hard to figure out where the information came from. Please do not be afraid to leave negative feedback. That's why that option is there. If it can be worked out, then good, but if not, then that feedback will be seen by us all. Any issues with a pin trader should be handled by the two parties and (in the extreme and sad case) by a moderator. Rarely have I seen any negative feedback left on any member here on DPF. I'm sure that not everyone here deserves their %100 rating (of course, I wish we all did!). Makes more sense to me to give negative feedback rather than to start pm'ing other members the name of a bad trader because most likely, not everyone will learn about the bad trader, but everyone can see a negative feedback rating.

For those who don't know how to contact a moderator, you can find the Sales and Trade boards moderator contact info listed under the forum section on the main page.

Wow. This situation has really brought up some serious issues for me to consider about leaving negative or neutral feedback from now on. I'm somewhat involved in this as I have traded with the person that alizesmom is currently having issues with. And I was treated the same way she is being treated now. I sent my pin out and got nothing in return. After 3 weeks my PM's were being ignored, while I noticed that they were still posting on the forum. So you know they got the PM's. I finally had to threaten to leave negative feedback and get the mods involved unless they sent my pin out immeditately. They finally PM'ed me and sent out my pin. I was given a "family" story as to why there was a delay, so I just gave them the benefit of the doubt for this situation. I made my mind up to not leave any feedback, but to never trade with them again.

Now it seems that this same person to treating others badly. I feel partly responsible as I didn't leave negative feedback in the first place. I guess I took their excuse as a "fool me once...", and went from there. I am really sorry other people are having issues now. I feel bad about this. :(

I am going to be tarred and feather, but everyone's situation is different. In my case the person was BANNED, Blocked, Denied on Dizpins and Pin Pics and the victims were gagged by the Mods. I stated that this person did repay me, but they are still BANNED, Blocked, Denied on Dizpins and Pin Pics and they are here and I was shocked. I asked what to do and believe it or not, a lot of people know who I am talking about and asked me if it was them before I could respond. In fact this person has done 2 things that make you go hmmmmm, why change your avatar photo to a non photo and the other thing, well I won't say (Harry Potter fans might know-movie 1), but that smacks of a guilty conscious. As far as these post, people are worried and people do make mistakes and you get anxious when there is no response, but when it has to do with several people in the same time span-well.

We try to do things honestly and good people do not like to be taken advantage and want words of comfort. Some of you who preach gossip, have personally PM me about my dilemma.

Ok, begin the tar and feathering, doesn't bother me-I have cats and my clothes are covered in fur and kitty drool.

I know the person you are talking about and I stand firmly by them. They are a GREAT trader and I'd trust him with my collection. They're a great person and there's a reason they're not banned here because they have a great reputation inside the site and outside the site. These are the negative, angry mob, troll posts that get everyone all fired up and start drama. Dizpins was not the best run website and the mods clearly favored certain people. I've heard several stories of just pure.... you know what from ole' Dizpins. Mind blowing stories that make me want to just quit trading all together knowing there are people who are still active. To see this guy get attacked by you just makes me smh and go 'why'.

Please, keep it to yourselves people. & Have some courtesy for others who don't need to hear about this stuff. It literally solves nothing.

Last edited:
Now lets see here, im 21 and i know that this sort of drama is beneath me, i seriously question the ages of some people on this forum. This is childish and inexcusable.i know this person that Fluffy is talking about and im disgusted that such negative things are being said about this person. They are a great trader, they have helped me SEVERAL times when i was first getting started here on the thread and is the only reason i still trade is because of this person. Its the drama and the gossiping, and just rude behavior of traders that has made trading unfun and drama filled.

If you are having a problem with a trader on this forum, you should contact a mod and discuss it in a private manner. To parade this type of conversation in a public setting needs to be stopped. AND to publicly bash another trader is just ridiculous...If this seems uncalled for and rude to other people then my apologies. But if your going to accuse a friend of mine of something. make sure everyone checks their facts first...

Last edited:
Paypal has policies in place to help refund your money.

Any other issues regarding feedback on our iTrader system should be taken up with DPF moderators.

We're here to help resolve problems as best we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back