• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

An idea for feedback.....

An idea for feedback.....

SimbaNala

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
So I leave people after I've traded or bought from them, and yet they don't always leave me feedback in return. So on the itrader profile, where it lists like how many postives, etc that you've gotten, is there a way to put how much feedback one has left in there as well? An example of what I mean:

Feedback Score: 46
Positive Feedback: 100.0%
Members who left positive: 46
Members who left negative: 0
Total positive feedback: 46
"Total feedback left for others: 46"

Just because it breaks the chain when the other person doesn't leave feedback for anyone. I'm faced with that right now where I could leave feedback for someone but they haven't left feedback for anyone at all. So by leaving them feedback, it ups there number and makes them look good to other traders, but.....

What do others think, would a feature like that be nice and would you use the number or what?

If they dont have any they may not know about it or how to use it. The first time someone left me feedback I had to ask how to leave feedback for them cuz I had no idea that even existed.

I personally think that especially if you are a DPF member and the trade was made through the forum that feedback is a must and a common courtesy. I have had quite a few first time traders who asked how to do it and I gladly explain to them and they leave it.
Its not right that you trade with someone, do a good trade, leave them feedback and they leave you none.

BTW, hows VEGAS? when are ya coming back?

I've left feedback for 31 people and received feedback from 22. I'm not sure what to make of the missing nine. If those nine are feeling unmotivated to leave feedback, maybe the discrepancy is something I don't want to highlight?

I personally think that especially if you are a DPF member and the trade was made through the forum that feedback is a must and a common courtesy. I have had quite a few first time traders who asked how to do it and I gladly explain to them and they leave it.
Its not right that you trade with someone, do a good trade, leave them feedback and they leave you none.

BTW, hows VEGAS? when are ya coming back?

I've had people ask me before how to leave feedback, which I glady will answer, but some people just are too lazy or whatever to return the favor. That's why I threw this idea out there just because it would be nice to see if the person you want to buy/sell/trade from follows through on their business.

Vegas, is well, Vegas to me. LoL! I'm not crazy about the town and can't wait to be back home (In Anaheim). I was hoping to at least visit for this months PTN, but it doesn't look like I'll have the chance. I will be moving back sometime in March though. Hopefully before March's PTN, LoL! Tell you what, I got your phone number, when I'm on I-15 heading out of town, I'll text you and let you know I'm coming back to Cali! LoL!

I've left feedback for 31 people and received feedback from 22. I'm not sure what to make of the missing nine. If those nine are feeling unmotivated to leave feedback, maybe the discrepancy is something I don't want to highlight?

It's not going to name specific people with my idea, just show that you've really had more deals then people have been nice enough to leave you feedback in return. Anyway, why should those 9 people have a higher count because you've been honest and upped their number in good faith and they don't return that favor. While your number won't read 31 next to your name on the fourm or wherever, it'll still show that you've done more trades then you have credit for.

Showing how many feedback a person has left for others in their feedback summary isn't something the iTrader application can do. However you can view the actual feedback left for others in the Left for Others tab.

Foolish question now, I was just leaving someone feedback and I noticed a little icon of a letter if that person left feedback for the sale or not. Is that something new or have I just managed to over look it for the past few months? LoL!

Either way, I like it. Thank you! :)

Foolish question now, I was just leaving someone feedback and I noticed a little icon of a letter if that person left feedback for the sale or not. Is that something new or have I just managed to over look it for the past few months? LoL!

Either way, I like it. Thank you! :)
As far as I know, that has always been there!

Back