• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another newbie

tyshadragon

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiyas, I'm Tysha, another newbie to these forums ^_^

I've been collecting Disney pins for a while, starting back when the UK Disney Stores still sold them in their physical shops. In 2003 I visited Disneyland Paris for the first time and got to experience pin trading which was far too much fun! I got back from DLRP for the 4th time on Friday with a bunch of pins I'd traded from Cast Members, my excitement for pins reignited :)

Unfortunately it looks like some of the pins I got from CMs are scrappers, and I might have purchased a bunch from eBay without realising :( I've learnt so much in the last 48 hours, I just wish I'd known it before I'd hit buy-it-now on that auction! Seems obvious now, but at least it's a lesson learned. I'll just make a page in my book for scrappers, as although I wanted pins to trade in the park next time I get to go, I can't bring myself to trade them on.

I mostly collect dragons, especially Figment, Stitch, and Mulan pins, but I also like picking up the pins from rides I've been on (especially as I'm a coward and hate rides!) and park pins with memories behind them (like the hotel pins when we stay in that hotel).

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all. Now I'm going back to reading the many interesting posts here... :)

My eBay pins arrived today, and yep, they are a bag of scrappers:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/328/0/0/dizpinbag_by_tysharina-d87hzgl.jpg

And if that wasn't bad enough, they stink of cigarette smoke, to the point of nearly making me throw up :( I've already filed a claim with eBay and will see if I can find an email address for Disney's legal department (I've seen others say to contact them too).

Hi Tysha,welcome to the forum:)

I'm so sorry for hearing you've got scrappers from ebay.
Hope you can make great pin experience next time,here's many generous traders in this forum I know.

Thanks May :) I'm noticing this is a lovely community here.

I just wish The Disney Store over here still sold pins in their physical stores to give me an easy supply of genuine pins to trade with. With their postage charge, I can't justify ordering from them too often.

Hello Tysha
I've had the same problem finding genuine trader pins . I've found an eBay seller who sells booster packs of genuine pins at a reasonable price . I'll PM you a link if you'd like .
They won't be much in demand among your fellow traders but they're good enough for trading with CM's .

The same thing happened to me when I first learned about trading pins I bought some pins in the stores at WDW and then ended up unknowingly trading them all for scrappers. I still had a lot of fun doing it so I wasn't too upset plus most of the scrappers don't look that bad if you don't analyze them so I just kept them. =)

That would be great, thanks speedwaystar1 :)

I did have a lot of fun trading with the CM's, so I'm not going to let the scrappers ruin that for me. All but one of them were badges of Figment and I love that dragon <3

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about all the scrappers. I had the same kind of shock when I first stumbled upon the website too. ;-; But hey, it's great to be educated. And on to bigger and better pins and trading! I wish you the best of success!

(Also amazing dragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back