• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Apparently Designer Princess PIN SET was released at D23 Expo this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has it been released? The Dream Store?

And why did they create an online listing if they were not planning to sell it online? I am confused...

Where has it been released? The Dream Store?

And why did they create an online listing if they were not planning to sell it online? I am confused...

Very good question. I refer you to myself from earlier today.

Good Question. For our answer I turn the podium over to Dr. Bunson Honeydew of Muppet Labs.

Welcome again to Muppet Labs where the future is being made today. Heather asks "So if it was never going to be available on disneystore.com why did it have a placeholder page and images?"
Heather, that is a very good question. We here at Muppet Labs like to believe in the goodness in mankind. However, we also have to believe in the poor communications skills of mankind, especially at Disneystore.com. Much like the infamous TinkerBell as Mary Poppins, this sets placeholder page was probably set up due to a misunderstanding at disneystore.com. The exact reason will obviously be a mystery as the people who make these decisions are kept well away from the buying public. Yes, like the elusive Sasquatch, also known as Bigfoot, the answer to your question will never be answered satisfactorily. However, there is one possible way that we might find the answer. I have just finished creating this mind reading helmut. I call it the "Read a Brain 5000". I will put it on my trusted assistant, Beaker. There we go. And now he will read the thoughts of the executives at Disneystore.com. As you notice, the flashing lights indicate that it is working. However, that smell of burning hair is not a good sign at all. oh dear, Beaker, come back. I can't put that fire out if you run away. Beaker! BEAKER!

And there you have it Heather.

Melonballer, thanks for that. I am, as they would say, bummed up.

Mae, I'm with you on this one. Disney has just completely fallen apart. Makes you want to go "What's the point???" I'm just hoping that the Florida Project turns out OK. I'm not expecting anything great, but hope to meet a lot of friends.

Was this released at the Disney Store booth? I visited the Dream Store and the Treasure Trove and didn't see it at either of those. I didn't wait in line for Disney Store.

This is just aweful. If they were going to do this, it shoulda been LE 250. Release 150 at the parks, and 100 online. Theres been one already that sold for $350.

This is disappointing :(

I caved and bought it for more than retail, but luckily I had some gold jewelry I wasn't wearing that I scrapped to make up for it haha. I knew that the email from DS about it not being a D23 item was too good to be true.

Thank you for the possible explanation as well as comedy relief. I could hear the voice of the Dr Bunsen and the shrieks of Beaker in my head as I read. DS.com is currently what we would refer to in South Carolina as "toe up from the flo' up". They need to get their act together. I can't believe that a warehouse move would cause this kind apocalyptic downfall for them.

Good Question. For our answer I turn the podium over to Dr. Bunson Honeydew of Muppet Labs.

Welcome again to Muppet Labs where the future is being made today. Heather asks "So if it was never going to be available on disneystore.com why did it have a placeholder page and images?"
Heather, that is a very good question. We here at Muppet Labs like to believe in the goodness in mankind. However, we also have to believe in the poor communications skills of mankind, especially at Disneystore.com. Much like the infamous TinkerBell as Mary Poppins, this sets placeholder page was probably set up due to a misunderstanding at disneystore.com. The exact reason will obviously be a mystery as the people who make these decisions are kept well away from the buying public. Yes, like the elusive Sasquatch, also known as Bigfoot, the answer to your question will never be answered satisfactorily. However, there is one possible way that we might find the answer. I have just finished creating this mind reading helmut. I call it the "Read a Brain 5000". I will put it on my trusted assistant, Beaker. There we go. And now he will read the thoughts of the executives at Disneystore.com. As you notice, the flashing lights indicate that it is working. However, that smell of burning hair is not a good sign at all. oh dear, Beaker, come back. I can't put that fire out if you run away. Beaker! BEAKER!

And there you have it Heather.

thats what im saying i might pay 300 but no more

I know what you mean! I had already picked up stuff around the house to sell on Craigslist and made my $220 to set aside. I figure I can put a little on the cc to make up the rest but more than $300... just not possible. :( I am so annoyed right now! I had been so excited about this and already had my plans of waiting up all night Sunday. At least then I had A CHANCE!

I know what you mean! I had already picked up stuff around the house to sell on Craigslist and made my $220 to set aside. I figure I can put a little on the cc to make up the rest but more than $300... just not possible. :( I am so annoyed right now! I had been so excited about this and already had my plans of waiting up all night Sunday. At least then I had A CHANCE!

This. I am so pissed off at Disney for this. ****ers!!! I'm just so grateful for one of my awesome friends to get me Jasmine and Pocahontas from her set.

Why are all wanting on Rapunzel pin? just curious.. Also yes the Super pin set was released today at the D23 event. There is a limited edition size of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back