• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Bidding/Etiquette Help

Auction Bidding/Etiquette Help

Maleficent913

Beautifully Tragic
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
So, I read through the rules and I don't see anything that says I can't, but I just wanna make sure its not some sort of unspoken rule, as I don't want people to think I'm being rude... There's a pin I want to bid on and there are a few bids on it already. I have 2 of the top 3 pins that were bid, is it frowned upon to include those pins in my bid? My gut says yes, so I probably won't but I just wanted to get some sort of feedback. Thanks much!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

In auctions where there are multiple pins being bid I see duplicates fairly often. I don't see anything wrong with it. You are bidding what you want to give and if the pins are on the persons wants why wouldn't you bid them! I am only one voice though...

I'm only one voice too but I wouldn't be offended at all. Like Rocke01 said, you're bidding what you have and if you have more than someone else, that sucks for that person, but it's still an auction. It's the point of it, bidding more than someone else. If you have pins from the top bids and you can add more to your bid, go for it.

Good luck in the auction too!

FWIW ... I don't really see a problem with it.

It kinda sounds poker like :dunno:.... I'll see your (matching pin) and raise you a (additional pin).

I have done it also. If you were just bidding a single pin that was already bid that wouldn't be good, but if you bid one and add to it I see no problem at all.

The previous bidders could just re-bid with your inclusion + another pin if they wanted to, anyway, right?

I think in general, anything goes as long as rules weren't set in place by the auction holder!

I guess I don't see how it's any different than ebay, except with ebay it's money. I mean all money's the same, but if one person is willing to spend a little more, or in this case one more pin, well than go for it if you want the pin.

Back