• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad experience
I agree with Cheriexx we aren’t all this bad but i hope this anonymous person has learnt their lesson. But yeah i would put negative feedback as it was a negative experience.

First off, I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time trying to add these pins to your collection. I would automatically say negative response, if it were not for the fact that you did receive (or at least now have delivery conf. for) your pins. I would suggest giving this person a neutral feedback score, with a short explanation as to why it was so bad. Of course, this is my opinion. If you feel they deserve a negative feedback score, then give it to them. It sounds like it was quite a hassle. I'd also like to add quickly, that the reason we have the ratings is so each of us can take a look and see if they are a good trader (like the ratings on eBay). I don't think there is any real need to for us to know the name of the person. If we are approached about a trade by this person, we should take a look at their rating.

Martin please PM me the "trader" - glad that it sounds like you've resolved the problem (wait for the package to arrive first!!). Holding onto a trade due to illness is one thing but listing received goods for sale without mailing in return is a no-no in my eyes!!

This person is in the minority compared to the rest of us decent UK traders!!

wow thats bad form! at least your getting your pin now though! i think maybe if you leave neutral feedback and just use the additional comments section to explain why.

If you're buying the pins for them as a favor, then yea that's very wrong for them to sell on Ebay. If you got your pins and they have your pins then nothing wrong happened and a neg response would be overkill.

I'm a little confused though after reading this thread so I don't really know what's going on atm :X lol

Edit- Isn't everything okay now? I hate it when the angry mob comes out on dpf :lol:

Last edited:
Oh goodness, that gives us UK traders all a bad name and the majority of us are excellent! I hope this doesn't put people off trading with those in the UK.
Oh, please don't worry about that issue; I think most of us know that it could happen anywhere in the world, and that they are the few bad apples. I wouldn't base my trading with someone outside my own country on one of said bad apples.

Martin, could you please also PM me the identity of the bad trader? So sorry it happened to you.

Hannette

If you're buying the pins for them as a favor, then yea that's very wrong for them to sell on Ebay. If you got your pins and they have your pins then nothing wrong happened and a neg response would be overkill.

I'm a little confused though after reading this thread so I don't really know what's going on atm :X lol

Edit- Isn't everything okay now? I hate it when the angry mob comes out on dpf :lol:

Scotty, Martin was saying he sent out his pins and the person recieved them and was selling them on ebay but had yet to recieve his pins from the trade in the post due to excuses etc thats why some are saying leave negative feedback

Wow Martin, im sorry to hear about this, I would be very angry too! Let us know when you (or if you) recieve your pins. If you had not hounded them through ebay it sounds like they would have conned you! I think it's good of you not to name the person, although I guess most of us would like to know so we can avoid trading with them...it would be good to think they learned their lesson but if they have done it to other people then probably not :( It's not nice when this happens as trading really relys on trust. I just hope you recieve your pins!

all the best
x

Scotty, Martin was saying he sent out his pins and the person recieved them and was selling them on ebay but had yet to recieve his pins from the trade in the post due to excuses etc thats why some are saying leave negative feedback

Ohh, then yea they are totally in the wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

Yow. What a hassle for you, Martin. I sympathize. Please do leave feedback (either negative or, if you finally receive the pins, maybe neutral) to caution others.

Don't get me wrong.. UK traders are awesome.

I have had about 30 pm's now lol

I will not name and shame yet. The moderators have received all the details they need and have said they will monitor the situation as they do with all bad trades on this forum.

I can not remember if I mentioned it earlier, but 3 people have come to me and guessed the identity of the trader and have said they are currently having/have had problems with them.

The last thing I want to do is ruin somebody's long term future in pin trading, that is not fun. :(

But I want to save people from the hassle of this mess.

I'll decide what to do when the pins arrive.

Martin :)

Well, when you decide, please PM me as well. Forewarned is forearmed. At least if we know in advance that there have been issues with the person, we can take precautions. Since there are 3 other people having problems, this is obviously not a one-time thing for this person. Hope it works out for you.

Joy

First off, I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time trying to add these pins to your collection. I would automatically say negative response, if it were not for the fact that you did receive (or at least now have delivery conf. for) your pins. I would suggest giving this person a neutral feedback score, with a short explanation as to why it was so bad. Of course, this is my opinion. If you feel they deserve a negative feedback score, then give it to them. It sounds like it was quite a hassle. I'd also like to add quickly, that the reason we have the ratings is so each of us can take a look and see if they are a good trader (like the ratings on eBay). I don't think there is any real need to for us to know the name of the person. If we are approached about a trade by this person, we should take a look at their rating.

I agree, this person does not deserve positive feedback, that is for sure. Neutral would be sufficient though.

I hope you receive your pins soon.

Vicki

This does NOT cast all UK traders in a bad light! This was one person and he happens to be from the UK. I would never lump you all into one group like that. Everyone is an individual and should be viewed as such. :)

Vicki

Some of my best friends on here are UK traders and I trust them completely. One bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is bad. I'll stick with my friends and I know I'll be safe. Martin, hope you get the pins soon and can put this behind you. Neutral feedback is the way to go, but be specific on why.

If a trader tells you that he or she mailed a pin, and then it turns out that they did not mail until much later, I think that that qualifies as a reason to give negative feedback. People have the option of telling the truth (that they have not mailed yet); when they choose to lie on purpose and not come clean, they deserve the negative feedback that they get.

Hi Martin! I am soooo late in reading this....I'm so sorry that this happened to you...You have been so kind to me since I have been on DPF....and its a shame to see this situation happen to anyone. Im glad it has been resolved...Its hard for me to believe that it was from another UK trader.....Its scary enough sometimes trading to UK just because i can't track the packages....and i want to make sure the person receives the pins.....but i trade anyway....because i have met some awesome UK traders!!! And to lie and pull shady stuff is just inexcusable. I would have given negative feedback as well....I try to give people the benefit of the doubt....but i don't like being pushed around. That was just my two cents....Hope all is well with you now! -Marilyn

Hi Marilyn.

Haven't been on here much the last two weeks because I have been very, very busy.

The stuff finally arrived and I am holding off leaving feedback at the moment still.

Hope you are ok.

Martin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back