• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

BEWARE of a pin trader in France

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEWARE of a pin trader in France

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
PinPics name: MARIELEVEQUE (under Marie Leveque) and sylviemarnier78 (under Sylvie Marnier) and [FONT=&amp]Tony77600
[/FONT]
- yes, you see that correctly; THREE different PinPics names

Facebook name: Sylvie Marnier and profile here:

Address: I won't put the entire address but the postal code is 77600. If you google it, you can find out the city/town.

20663783_1865731130120290_2318795882526129165_n.jpg

The scam: She sends lopsided trade requests (too good to be true) via PinPics. She then sends a tracking number that shows the item is in transit, but it is delivered to another location (usually another state). A lot of people whom she "traded" with were provided the SAME tracking number. Inside the envelope, it is EMPTY!

Please join the Facebook group PSA: Pin Scam Alerts for more details

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261292374309287/

Last edited:
Yeah, I got a couple of very "too good to be true" offers from her in pinpics. They were very fishy, so I just ignored them...

I am writing to everyone who has been contacted by her recently. If you know of anyone who is in the
process of a trade with her, please let them know.

Thanks Li for posting this!

The name sounds really familiar. Wasn't there a similar problem a couple of years back? Or is my memory going really bad?

She actually sent me a fairly even trade request (Olive and Company BT for a Cursive Cuties), but it was during this past week when I wasn't looking at pinpics requests at all.

Yea I definitely asked about her on this forum in our PinPics trader thread and also at PSA. I'm glad I didn't fall for it! It was definitely too good to be true!

If you have sent a trade in the past few days, please contact your local Post Office to
see if you can have your package stopped before it leaves the country. This is mail
fraud.

These three accounts are linked to this person:

marieleveque
sylviemarnier
Tony77600

I recieved a request for DLP Castle pin for my designer Elsa. I deleted it, since I had seen her name pop up on PSA on Facebook. I wonder if the French police would be interested in her scamming ways.

Yep I traded be sent on August 23 I got a tracking number too ,I cannot read the address though ,just s tracking number
Im so sorry! She sent the same trackingnumber to everyone. No one got any pins. Hate scammers!
Got a pinrequest as well. Not to loopsided, but when I asked for her email or any other contact beside from pinpics she did not reply. I just had a feeling something was fishy about it. So sad for all the people out there that traded with her.

Well, I got burned by this one....hope there is such a thing as karma.

I'm not super upset over the pin that I am losing, I am just disappointed that there are scammers involved in the Disney pin community.

I got burned before on FB and now PP. Lesson learned - I will ONLY be trading on DPF.

I've also traded with her, but not for low LEs. I actually got my pins back, as the post said, the person doesn't live at this place. So maybe some of you will get lucky as well and get their package returned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back