• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Collection Display Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collection Display Suggestions

kettinger

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I am looking for advice on how to affordably store / display my (relatively new) collection (<100 pins). Does anyone have suggestions for favorite display methods - cork boards, shadow boxes, binders, other ideas?? I am looking for a solution that ideally makes it easy to view/show the pins, but not too difficult to remove them for trading trips.

Thanks!! :drool::drool::drool:

If you get foam core board you can line shadow boxes with it and they press on easily and come off just as nice!

If you're in the US and have a micheals nearby you can ususally get shadow boxes for 50% off or buy 1 get one free...which is also 50% lol. But they have packs where you can get 2-3 shadow boxes for 19.99 and Bogo!

It will only display around 25 or 30 pins, but I just love my spoon rack case I bought at Michael's! It's like a shadow box with a nice hinged door with glass window. Has black velvet board for sticking pins into. I just very easily removed the spoon racks inside. It makes for a very elegant looking way to display your favorite pins!

I posted the this the other day about my solution.

"I know this topic has been discussed a lot, and a lot of members are using various craft boards and papers to display/store their pins. I've started to use foam sheets. They're sold at the large craft store chains in 12" x 18" sheets. I just cut them in half, punch 3 holes in the side and keep thm in a large binder. They're soft and are easy to put pins on and they're acid free. I use black because I think is shows the pins well. Has anybody else tried these?"

The binders are a little inconvenient for displaying pins to more than a couple of folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back