• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed my first trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed my first trade!

MadWild

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just completed my first pin trade, which came about after I posted on Tumblr complaining that there were pins I wanted on the US site but the postage was too expensive. Erintendo, a fellow Tumblr collector, messaged me offering to get them in exchange for pins she wanted from the UK site, so we set up a trade. I was so excited to be finally getting some genuine pins, as all the ones I have purchased previously have come from the Bay and as such, to quote pin pics, I "cannot guarantee their authenticity".

I sent her a package with Pin 77911: DLRP - Chibi Princesses - Snow White, Pin 92263: Disney Store Europe - Snow White Dancing With Dopey & Sneezy (This one is LE 500) and Pin 75031: DLRP - 'Cats and Dogs' - Cheshire Cat.

Here's what I received:
tumblr_inline_mnlz4wA9rG1qz4rgp.jpg

I got two of the Stitch pin, so that I have one to trade. Currently it's the only trader I've got, and I think the trades to wants ratio isn't great seeing as a) it's still available on the US site and b) it's actually in the reduced section. I'm still hoping I can trade it at some point though, perhaps with a fellow UK collector.

So, that's my first trade! Obviously I'm very inexperienced so I don't actually know if this was a good trade or a little lop-sided, but it was still good fun. I've been 'sort-of' collecting pins for a while, but this past month I've been getting really excited about the hobby, and looking into it more, hence joining the forum here (recommended to me by another fellow collector on Tumblr). I'm looking forward to adding to my collections more, and doing more trades.

Last edited:
Wow congrats!! Love the stitch pin!
Im a fellow UK trader so ever want a quick and cheaper trade just pm me :)

Congrats! Pin trading is super fun! :) And yes, there are lots of UK Traders on this site, so you'll probably have lots of swaps in your future. :)

Enjoy and welcome to DPF!

--Melanie

Thanks for all your comments, you're such a lovely bunch! xbeckyx, I'll be sure to get in touch if I ever get hold of any traders you want :)

Thank you!

By the way, can anyone explain to me how the feedback system works on here? I arranged this trade through Tumblr but I was wondering if I could ask the person I traded with if they're on DPF and if we could leave feedback for each other, but I don't know if/how that can be done. Does feedback have to be for trades arranged through the forum only? I completely understand if it is, but I thought it might be worth checking as it would be good to get my feedback started and I'd be happy to leave feedback for them too. Any advice/explanation is appreciated! :D

Hi
I do this all the time,if I get a request through pinpics and I see that they are here on DPF!I request they leave a ref/feedback here as well as Dizpins,especially for new traders,it helps their trading alot better
the more feedback the better:),for leaving a ref here,just go to itrader,look up their ID on the rightside just alittle bit down on the page,type in their ID and if it comes up in a search,click it and where it says "leave feedback for that person"go ahead and do so,with the 2 dropdown bars and the LONGGGG box to put comments in,nothing to it,if you need anymore assistance just ask

Judy

Yay, congrats on your first trade! Now the addiction sets in! ;)

I'm another US trader who's happy to trade overseas, especially for UK and Paris pins. So if there are US pins you'd like and want to save the shipping again, feel free to ask if we can work something out. :)

Hi
I do this all the time,if I get a request through pinpics and I see that they are here on DPF!I request they leave a ref/feedback here as well as Dizpins,especially for new traders,it helps their trading alot better
the more feedback the better:),for leaving a ref here,just go to itrader,look up their ID on the rightside just alittle bit down on the page,type in their ID and if it comes up in a search,click it and where it says "leave feedback for that person"go ahead and do so,with the 2 dropdown bars and the LONGGGG box to put comments in,nothing to it,if you need anymore assistance just ask

Judy

Thank you, that's brilliantly helpful! I will ask if they're on DPF and arrange leaving feedback if they are. Thanks for the help.

Thank you to everyone else for your comments, you're all so nice!
Vixy, that's good to know, thank you, I will be sure to keep you in mind next time I spot pins I like on the US site :)

Well if you know their Pinpics ID you can just search it on here,of course alot of members have their ID on Pinpics diff than their forum ID

I just had a look on their Tumblr page and found a link to their pinpics and a mention of their DPF ID, whoo hoo! So now I can leave feedback and hopefully they'll do the same :)

Aaahhh you found mee! :) I just left some feedback for you as well! I had no idea DPF had it's own feedback system. Pretty darn neat! I've just been using the Dizpins reference system.

Hey! You found my thread :). Thanks for leaving feedback. I don't actually have/understand Dizpins so I just thought it best to try and build up some feedback on here. Especially as it seems to be where I spend allllllll my time now! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back