• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Concerns regarding Infraction System

Concerns regarding Infraction System
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and then you wouldn't get an infraction, unless...you do bad infraction things to earn an infraction. (Sarcasm)

Regarding the auctions etc I would have done the same as Basj as you bid a pin you didnt have and I would believe it would revert to 2nd Place person just down to the fact you didnt have all the pins you said you did at the time. If you went and purchased the pin you zapped someone with off ebay and now want his address..He may have already told the 2nd place person they are getting the pin. Its best PM'ing him and asking rather than putting it in here.

I would say the same thing regarding the other auction as your pin is broke and is part of the bid you are winning with. I would suggest either PM chickenlittle or changing your bid to compensate for the broken pin and take it out and you never know you could be still the winning person but if not then I guess better luck next time just I think you could be number 1 due to the gondola pin I dont know as I dont look at the trade auctions.

Things will work out but thats just my two cents.
In all do respect , the 2nd place winner and I both bid the Lion King POMP, which isn't released until July 26th . That is not having a pin in hand on my end or the second place winners end . And I never expected to win basj's auction and zapped the Brave shield pin, I since repurchased it from ebay and have his pins accept the Lion King . I'm waiting to receive it, along with mickey mousje's package .
I am a very good trader, buyer and seller and my feedback speaks for itself .
Chicken Little and I did work things out . She is a sweetie and I promised to try and get her one at the WDW event and I don't want her pin . Thats just the type of honest trader that I truly am . Thanks for you 2 cents worth though . :lol:
I have decided to no longer bid on the auctions . I think they take up too much forum space to begin with . You open the forum and at least 6 or more jump out at you .

When this site was started it was a place for pin traders to come and enjoy themselves, talk, trade, etc. It was the opposite of Dizpins where you were monitored every second. There was no free speech, the TOS was changed at a whim to serve the admins and mods so they could ban members at they're liking. Basically, if they didn't like you, you were out.

I really hope DPF is not going to become Dizpins 2.0. There is no reason for anything longer than a 3 day ban for "bad language, bumping posts". Besides, you can't say a curse word, the filter doesn't allow it.

I've had posts deleted as well because I was defending another member, but I've also been attacked. I don't always go running to a mod/admin. Can we all just grow up or are we going to get treated like 5 year olds?

Jumping on board with I have seen infraction systems on other forums
And the only real difference between this one and the one on another forum I go on, is they allow curse words (though the site is more for mature people anyways)

Pretty much just stay chill, don't type before you think it over, and follow the golden rule
Treat others how you would like to be treated
:p

I do not know what I think about all this. I agree that as owners of the site you have the right to run it as you see fit. I also think that you are going to have people running to you with complaints more frequently due to the "point system". I think you are going to get some pettiness with all the sanctions. I do think that something needed to be done though as I saw several alarming postings and did comment on some of them. I am of the understanding that some of the people on this site really do not like other members and because of that you are going to have your hands full. I do not envy your positions any, good luck!

I think anything that happens in a PM are just that - private - especially when they can be changed before being forwarded to the moderators.

If something happens out in the open (unless the moderators/owners can access our PMs), then okay. Something that an infraction can be done for.

Back