• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit Cardbacks, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit Cardbacks, is it possible?

yoyopluto

I love Jessica Rabbit.
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hello everyone!

Once again, I am new to these boards and I am loving every minute of it. :stitch: But since I am considered a
beginner, I don't want to make the mistake of buying something considered 'fake' in the future. On that note, I wanted to
talk about pins and their cardbacks. I know that if a pin was bought from an authorized disney retailer that it comes on a card back
and whoever still has a cardback means that the pin is in new condition. However, I was just wondering if anyone who counterfeits
pins can also somehow counterfeit cardbacks to make the pin look more real? Okay, I'll give you a scenario....
Lets say someone was selling/trading a counterfeit pin that was obviously fake to someone else. And the
buyer had a hunch it was fake. BUT, that trader said that the pin still had the original card (counterfeit) to make
the fake pin more real. And since the pin still has the original cardback it must be real right? So the
person buys/trades for it.
Has this ^^ ever happened before? I know this is a hypothetical situation and I know I am also being a paranoid first time trader,
but you never know...

Anyways I wanna hear your feedback on this topic.
Sorry if I scared anyone or anything like that haha. It wasn't my intent at all.

yoyopluto:wavey:

I'm sure that most pin traders and sellers, have tons of extra card backs from real pins. I would think people probably could just put the pin on an extra, real card back. I've had honest traders tell me, I have the card back for this, but it may not be the original one. So... What I'm saying is, that I guess there are even more card back scenarios than you thought. :lol: I'm new too, and sometimes random stuff like this occurs to me too :D. Good luck trading!

Last edited:
It is definitely possible. the lengths that people will go to to try and pass something off as legitimate is mind boggling. There is an old thread on here that actually gets into potentially fake bag labels that the disney shopping pins come in.

You can take a look at that thread Here.

wow I'm gonna have to check that link out! thats insane! thanks for the info phoenix! :)

There are some Ebay sellers who sell disneyshopping.com costumed Tinker Bell and Jessica pins. I have been seeing same pins over and over from the same seller for the past 2 years and the pin is LE 135.

He always sells them as "Brand New in Sealed Packaging". I am 99% sure that those pins as well as the card and the packaging are replicas that were not authroized by Disney.

Think about it: If they can fake things made out of metal, they can also fake things made out of card/plastic/paper.

The Jessica decades series (DSF LE 300 pins) have been also miserably scrappered. They are all shown on Ebay with their Soda Fountain backing cards :(

I think we should start a hush hush scrapper seller list and circulate via PMs to caution new collectors. That would save a lot of headache, embarassment while trading and needless to say precious $$.

Last edited:
There are also rumors that people at the parks have fake pins which they then put on authentic card backs, trying to legitimize their fake pins. I remember reading a thread somewhere (will see if I can look for it).

merryweather: that is so true about faking things. we should definitely start some list to warn people. and that sucks that Jessica pins are starting
to become counterfeit.... I collect her :(

starry_solo: hmm that is interesting. I will become a little more aware whenever I visit a park!

merryweather: that is so true about faking things. we should definitely start some list to warn people. and that sucks that Jessica pins are starting
to become counterfeit.... I collect her :(

starry_solo: hmm that is interesting. I will become a little more aware whenever I visit a park!

Yoyo: I think the thread was specific for Jessica pins too. I will see if I can find it in a search!

I remember buying a set off of ebay that said it was unopened straight from the park. Before that I wanted to buy it from the park but I never did, so I looked on ebay. I bought it from the seller and when I received it I noticed that the design didn't seem right as I saw it in the park. The design almost looks like it was doubled on top of the same design, but shifted up just a little. I'm not sure if it was supposed to look like that or if it was just my paranoia. I checked the pins and they looked perfectfrom the front, but the back of two of the pins didn't seem right at all. Also, the price tag sticker was on top of another price tag sticker. Red flag? I ended up just putting the set somewhere else and buying from a more trusted seller because I didn't want to risk sending fake pins into the trading world.
So I believe that backer cards can be faked if the person was really that desperate :/

ahh sorry to hear that Disxar :( and yeah, im starting to realize how desperate people can be

ahh sorry to hear that Disxar :( and yeah, im starting to realize how desperate people can be

Yeah but I wouldn't worry too much about it :) Dpf is very trusted and I doubt anyone on here would try to scam
you. Just look out for ebay and buy from only 100% feedback sellers :)

Yeah but I wouldn't worry too much about it :) Dpf is very trusted and I doubt anyone on here would try to scam
you. Just look out for ebay and buy from only 100% feedback sellers :)

Will do :) yeah this forum looks like a very trustable place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back