• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit Jessica Pin Comparison (LARGE PHOTO WARNING!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit Jessica Pin Comparison (LARGE PHOTO WARNING!)

Pin Pal

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This is a continuation of this thread: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?9630-Counterfeit-Jessica-Rabbit-Pins...

To get you all up to speed, I purchased from a seller on eBay that several people on this forum suspect as a seller of counterfeit pins. I immediately messaged her about my concern over her reputation. She quickly responded, telling me that she used to purchase a huge percentage of low LE pins, back when there was no quantity restriction on the Disney Shopping and Disney Auctions websites. She explained that people assumed she was selling fake pins, because of how many of the same pin she lists on eBay.

Still, I received several private messages on the matter. Some said she was lying, while others said her story checks out.

I went to MY-D Pins, and Josh had this pin in stock, which he guaranteed was authentic. He was nice enough to let me snap some pictures for comparison.

I finally received the pin in the mail today, and if it is a fake, it is a damn good one...I had a few people tell me that the pin would not have a boarder around the "LE 300" stamp. It definitely does, and all of the markings seem to match up with the verified-as-real pin.

Sorry about the large pictures, but they are necessary to see the detail: The "Real" pin will always be listed first, and the "suspect" pin second. I will show the front, back, and pin posts used (which are identical)

Sorry about the lighting differences. Josh's store is lit with florescent lights, while I have natural lighting in my home.
UPDATE 11/12/11: I went to the trading event that Josh hosted at My-D Pins. We compared the two pins in person and everyone unanimously agreed it was a fake. A damn good fake, but a counterfeit pin nonetheless. I purchased the real thing from his store and I will be demanding a refund from the seller on Monday morning. If anyone would like to know username this person sells under, please do not hesitate to PM me.

UPDATE 11/13/11: I sent her a very long, strongly worded message demanding my money back. She responded within 10 minutes telling me that she will refund my money once she receives the pin. I will let you all know what the outcome is after I get my money back. Feel free to PM me with any questions

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Discuss!

Last edited:
i thought the whole time we were talking about jessica as alice. you know it looks pretty good but jessica as alice pins look pretty good too. if that seller is selling fake jessica as alice pins i wouldn't doubt they also had fake jessica as queen of hearts.

Look at the left bottom of the skirt, the black part, lower left corner just before it hits the white hem border.

The first picture is black all the way to the bottom.

The second picture shows some white in the part where it should be black. I am not sure if that is white enamel or glare from the camera.

If the second photo is the original, then shame on Disney's quality control.

If the second picture is the pin from this Ebay seller, I think she got her hands on some really good "factory seconds"

Either way the question remains though: If she purchased these pins with the intention to re-sell, why did she not keep the cards??

Last edited:
If you look at it very very carefully, the mouths look different too. The first one is slightly longer on the upper right corner at her mouth and it looks like a subtle smile.

The earring in the second one is longer and a wee bit thinner too.

Last edited:
Slight variations in paint and mouth/eyes is not unusual. I have two of the same pin that I purchased myself that look "different" from each other. There has to be more to it than that little thing to declare for sure it's a fake. I have that pin and I know mine is authentic and her mouth looks slightly different than both of these pictures. I know who you are referring to and I agree that some of their pins are probably fakes, but if this is one, it is so good that no one will ever be able to tell. Fakes I've seen the past just aren't that good.

That is why I think she got her hands on factory seconds, the ones that did not make the cut from the quality control perhaps?

Look at the left bottom of the skirt, the black part, lower left corner just before it hits the white hem border.

The first picture is black all the way to the bottom.

The second picture shows some white in the part where it should be black. I am not sure if that is white enamel or glare from the camera.

If the second photo is the original, then shame on Disney's quality control.

If the second picture is the pin from this Ebay seller, I think she got her hands on some really good "factory seconds"

Either way the question remains though: If she purchased these pins with the intention to re-sell, why did she not keep the cards??

I was going to point out the skirt thing as well.

Ya, that is definitely a possibility. You definitely do have a point with card not being included. I think I will ask why this was not included

I'm also interested in knowing why no backer cards were included.

Last edited:
She is selling the exact same suspicious pins on Amazon now. If you would like to know more (and the link) send me a PM.

I am 99.5% certain that she either got factory seconds or even found a way to get these made.

Last edited:
Don't forget there is a jessica as Hook fake already out there too! I have seen 2 of them with my own eyes in person. and I'm still suspisious of the replacement I just recieved in the mail. but as I am in Port Saint Lucie till Sunday I will have to wait till I get home and Compare it to the real one. If this too is a fake, then they are going as far as duplicating the PACKAGING! so beware!!!!!

All of this is Sooooo Dissapointing! :'(
<3 Laz

Thank Goodness for the Online Pin Trading Community Keeping Us All Informed Around the Clock <3 <3 <3

Looks real to me, so hard to tell any more. They are getting so good at duplicating them. As for Factory Seconds, thats possible but unless the pins were individually numbered, how would anyone even know if they had that in their collection. I have had some blemish or imperfect pins come to me right from Disney, so it happens. No backer card is a deal breaker for me. Every Jessica pins I have is still on their card and with their original plastic pouch.

UPDATE: I went to the trading event that Josh hosted at My-D Pins. We compared the two pins in person and everyone unanimously agreed it was a fake. A damn good fake, but a counterfeit pin nonetheless. I purchased the real thing from his store and I will be demanding a refund from the seller on Monday morning. If anyone would like to know username this person sells under, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Okay, So my next question Is HOW did they notice it was a fake? What set it apart so I know what to look for as I am trying to get this set for my collection <3 <3 <3 This is killing me! :(

It was hard to tell in a picture, but in person, it was pretty easy to tell the difference.

-The shade of red on the dress is much brighter
-There is a white paint spill on the lower left corner of the dress
-her left sleeve (Jessica Rabbit's right) sticks out further
-Her ear is thinner
-Her earing is thinner
- 1 of the 3 eye lashes is seperated from the other 2
-black paint spill in the eye of the flamingo

On the backside

-The font size is a little bigger
-The metal grain is dense in the center, and starts smoothing out towards the edge

Some of these things can be attributed to slight variations in the manufactering process, but most cannot, and definitely not all of them combined.

UPDATE: I sent her a very long, strongly worded message demanding my money back. She responded within 10 minutes telling me that she will refund my money once she receives the pin. I will let you all know what the outcome is after I get my money back. Feel free to PM me with any questions

Also looking closer, it appears the Flamingo has thinner legs in the original. The one you have has thicker legs. In the real pin, the Flamingo's eyebrows has fine points on the inside black part. On your pin, the eyebrow points are not as defined. But I think the most tell-tale sign is the metal. Take a look at the pin you got, for example the area in black (the left-side part of Jessica's dress just diagonal from the flamingo's foot) there is a metal line there as a dress fold. Now look at that same line on the Disney pin. The Disney pin lines seem to have a flatter appearance. You can notice it on any line that comes to a point inside the enamel color actually. Wow this was really hard to spot. I was totally fooled. As for the little bit of white on the black part, I have had that happen on Real Disney pins too so I wouldn't even count that as a way to tell a fake.

This may or may not help the case, but here is a very high quality image of the Jessica Queen of Hearts pin Artwork that I had posted on my site when doing a review of the halloween pins.
JessicaRabbitHeartsAlicePin.jpg

Its real just a quality problems happens from time to time i have a couple 100% legit for example i have the 2011 d23 tron donald the back of the pin washes out alittle by the feet but i got it from d23 this year i have another pin thats mickey pants same problem with no disney trademark logo and it fades out a little at the bottom on the front of the pin.. Now also if thats a soda fountain pin they always have problems as they are made fast without a quality check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back