• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit Jessica Rabbit Pins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit Jessica Rabbit Pins...

Pin Pal

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Someone said, it is against the forum rules to post any eBay links, or usernames. I will gladly identify the seller if you PM me though...

Merryweather said there is a very sketchy seller on eBay that keeps selling the same low edition pins. Specifically, she listed Jessica as the Queen of Hearts, and Jessica as Alice. I got really worried because I just purchased that very pin for 90 dollars. Sure enough, I am almost positive I bought from the same seller she was talking about. I looked at her recent feedback, and she listed those pins about 10 times each.

I messaged her, and this was our exchange:

ME:

I have a blunt question, so I am just going to go ahead and ask it. Are your pins authentic? I looked at the first 7 pages of feedback, and this pin along with Jessica as Alice, are listed more times than I can count. These are supposed to be hard to find, low edition pins. At one point, you listed 3 Jessica as Alice pins, one after the other, plus several subsequent listings. If you could give me some insight into how you got your hands on such a huge percentage of such a small, difficult to find release, I would really appreciate it.

SELLER:

The truth is we are the people everyone hates on disneyshopping.com. Years ago you were allowed to buy as many pins as you wanted of small editons and we did, in large quantities.Some editions we have as many as 60-70 of 100 pin editions. We also buy collections from people who want out of pin trading.
Another issue is sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback, buyers can back out of buying items whenever they feel appropriate. there is no accountability any longer so we are forced with the same inventory that buyers failed to pay for the first two times we auctioned it off. We are forced into taking losses we didnt have to in the past.Just because it says an item sold or we have positive feedback for an item doesnt mean the pin left our home. For that reason alone we do not plan on doing business with ebay much longer.

Her story makes sense, but these can still definitely be fake... I will carefully examine it when I receive it, and keep you guys updated. I know it doesn't make much of a difference, but this is a seller in the US, not china.

It sounds like a load of BS to me I wouldn't buy those pins. Why would someone leave positive feedback for an item they never received? That makes no sense, and the jessica as queen of hearts isn't that old Im pretty sure that ds.com was already limiting your purchases by that time. Its really disappointing theres scrappers or overruns or just counterfeits (which ever the case) of those pins those are two of my all time favorite pins. :(

It sounds like a load of BS to me I wouldn't buy those pins. Why would someone leave positive feedback for an item they never received? That makes no sense, and the jessica as queen of hearts isn't that old Im pretty sure that ds.com was already limiting your purchases by that time. Its really disappointing theres scrappers or overruns or just counterfeits (which ever the case) of those pins those are two of my all time favorite pins. :(

Very true, I will just have to see. Luckily, she does have a no questions asked return policy. I will just have to use it... :/

originally posted by: disneyfreak619 - Why would someone leave positive feedback for an item they never received?

I was in a very similar situation recently - a buyer in Europe purchased an item from me on Ebay, they bid very high on the item, and I couldn't understand the logic in it. Straight after the auction ended they contacted me and said they had bid by mistake and could I cancel their bid. I did just that, and incurred extra fees to list the item again, so it was annoying. However they left me glowing positive feedback for the item saying how understanding I was! So these things do happen!

Actually, the Jessica/Tink/LE 100 Pins limit took effect during 2009 - this is when the Jessica as Ursula, Captian Hook, and Blue Fairy came out. The Jessica As Queen of Hearts was released in 2008, and Jessica as Alice in 2007. So that would have been before the limiting system was in place.

Actually, the Jessica/Tink/LE 100 Pins limit took effect during 2009 - this is when the Jessica as Ursula, Captian Hook, and Blue Fairy came out. The Jessica As Queen of Hearts was released in 2008, and Jessica as Alice in 2007. So that would have been before the limiting system was in place.

Ya, I am holding out hope. We will see when I receive it

If these sellers are indeed buying these pins in multiples to sell, then why are there no backing cards?

As professional Ebay sellers, they should know that pins are more desirable on their cards. I find it hard to believe that they would purchase these pins in multiples with the intention of re-selling and toss the cards away.

I agree 100% with you Selen! I recieved my Jessica as Hook with no backer card as well :( and it's missing the color on the top half of the Hat :'( This kind of thing makes me want to give up all together! I hope my spirits are lifted this evening at the PTN <3 <3 <3 I'll post a Picture of what I got from the Bay on Sunday for you all to see it...

<3 Laz

UPDATE: I returned it and was refunded. Luckily I was able to Trade Shortly afterwards for two new ones in package! Yay! So Now I have one for me and One for trade <3 It is such a beautiful pin!

Last edited:
They are scrappers, overruns or fakes FOR SURE. I know someone who collects that pin and he bought two from her. When comparing them to the real ones he had bought directly years back the pupil of the eye is wrong (too high) and the colors are too bold. Also on the back the words 'LIMITED EDITION 250' were not boxed.

They are scrappers, overruns or fakes FOR SURE. I know someone who collects that pin and he bought two from her. When comparing them to the real ones he had bought directly years back the pupil of the eye is wrong (too high) and the colors are too bold. Also on the back the words 'LIMITED EDITION 250' were not boxed.

I was at My-D pins today, and Josh had a real one for sale that he can vouch for. I took pictures of the front and back so that I can compare once I receive the pin. He also said I can bring it in if something is still questionable. I will keep you all posted.

I agree with Selen. If you bought that many pins from Disney Shopping, why on earth wouldn't you keep them on the original card and package? I keep saying the same thing on every thread where scrappers are discussed, and everyone seems to ignore it. But here it goes again: We are so worried about the counterfeit sellers from Hong Kong and China, and are not even realizing how many US sellers are doing the same thing. Martin is talking about a US seller here. What stops a US seller from buying the counterfeits from China and then selling them here in the US?

ImNotBad is absolutely correct, these pins the Jessica as Alice and her as the Queen were released before the limits, I think last year was the first year that this policy took effect. Additionally, as horrible as it is, I've met at a PTN no less, someone who would buy the Jessica low LE pins in bulk. He would have 10-15 of Jessica LE100 pins and because of his wife was really stingy about trading them. In fact they rarely went to trading events and were not on pinpics, so imagine how much more difficult it is to obtain these pins, given that a few greedy jerks are now sitting on them. It means that the pin is less of an LE100 and more of an LE80 or perhaps less. These pins will not make if back into circulation until these people...well die, or decide to sell off their collection as this ebay seller is doing.

So if this person was willing to tell you that they hoarded pins, they are probably being honest. There's not many people willing to admit that, they could have just not answered, I mean you did ask them if they were counterfeiters, so copping to the lesser of two evils is really not any better in this case.

However if he/she is buying collections it is possible that those collections did have scrappers, so I imagine it's a combination of the two, that they bought in bulk when they were sold and that they are selling counterfeits, although if he does indeed own real ones he should be able to tell the difference. I do hope it works out for you. From someone who has gotten duped by ebay sellers and purchased a few counterfeit pins, it sucks! Even though ebay will get your money back to you, the excitement of that new pin is gone.

We really as collectors should create a database of pictures of scrappers/counterfeits. Since they don't all come from the same place they don't always look alike. We could include exact measurements as well as color variations and the like. Anything to help each other out.

Last edited:
ImNotBad is absolutely correct, these pins the Jessica as Alice and her as the Queen were released before the limits, I think last year was the first year that this policy took effect. Additionally, as horrible as it is, I've met at a PTN no less, someone who would buy the Jessica low LE pins in bulk. He would have 10-15 of Jessica LE100 pins and because of his wife was really stingy about trading them. In fact they rarely went to trading events and were not on pinpics, so imagine how much more difficult it is to obtain these pins, given that a few greedy jerks are now sitting on them. It means that the pin is less of an LE100 and more of an LE80 or perhaps less. These pins will not make if back into circulation until these people...well die, or decide to sell off their collection as this ebay seller is doing.

So if this person was willing to tell you that they hoarded pins, they are probably being honest. There's not many people willing to admit that, they could have just not answered, I mean you did ask them if they were counterfeiters, so copping to the lesser of two evils is really not any better in this case.

However if he/she is buying collections it is possible that those collections did have scrappers, so I imagine it's a combination of the two, that they bought in bulk when they were sold and that they are selling counterfeits, although if he does indeed own real ones he should be able to tell the difference. I do hope it works out for you. From someone who has gotten duped by ebay sellers and purchased a few counterfeit pins, it sucks! Even though ebay will get your money back to you, the excitement of that new pin is gone.

We really as collectors should create a database of pictures of scrappers/counterfeits. Since they don't all come from the same place they don't always look alike. We could include exact measurements as well as color variations and the like. Anything to help each other out.

I wish this were the case... I have gotten about 3 messages identifying the exact seller based on this description. Everyone seems to be saying that the fake pin will not have a border around the words "LE 300". I will post what I find when I receive the pin.

Merryweather said there is a very sketchy seller on eBay that keeps selling the same low edition pins. Specifically, she listed Jessica as the Queen of Hearts, and Jessica as Alice. I got really worried because I just purchased that very pin for 90 dollars. Sure enough, I am almost positive I bought from the same seller she was talking about. I looked at her recent feedback, and she listed those pins about 10 times each.

She is selling the same pins again open auction style starting at 99 c. Few more rare pins again, Stitch Tron and Aurora Stitch and Maleficent Pluto. I am 99.9% sure that those are not authentic. This is dropping the value of those pins and now I won't be able to purchase or trade for Aurora/Stitch pin ever :(
She is also offering the same pins on amazon now!

She is selling the same pins again open auction style starting at 99 c. Few more rare pins again, Stitch Tron and Aurora Stitch and Maleficent Pluto. I am 99.9% sure that those are not authentic. This is dropping the value of those pins and now I won't be able to purchase or trade for Aurora/Stitch pin ever :(
She is also offering the same pins on amazon now!

well looking at the stitch tron pin, you can see on his right ear its painted black when its supposed to be blue so its probably a fake which sucks as thats one of the last remaining stitch invasion pins I need.

well looking at the stitch tron pin, you can see on his right ear its painted black when its supposed to be blue so its probably a fake which sucks as thats one of the last remaining stitch invasion pins I need.

You can tell on the Maleficent Pluto also that it's fake... By looking at the picture you can see the top spine is the same pink color as the wing when it's supposed to be black. Also there should be a small area at the top of Pluto's head above his eye that should be a different color to separate his head from the inside of the costume's mouth. In the seller's picture that spot is just the same color as Pluto's head.

:( I am so confused. The same seller keeps selling the Jessica dressed as Alice pin. It doesn't come on a backer card, and the fact that they're sold 3 of them so far is very suspcious. But yet, these pins keep selling for almost $200! Are people paying this in good faith, or is that how much people are willing to pay for suspected counterfeits of that particular pin?

She listed another one yesterday at $150 OBO. Her prices are all over the place. I think a lot of people buy it in good faith and because these pins are so rare - or used to be so rare - they don't have anything to compare theirs to.

I think one of us should make an entry on pinpics.

Anyone who has a fake please submit the photos of the fake to pinpics so they can put an official moderator update for the scrapper/fakes allert :'( This whole thing makes me really sad... I really want to collect the series and I just don't trust Buying or trading for it anymore :(

The same seller has 2 recent feedbacks on the Jessica/Queen of Hearts pin. One sale was for $25.00 and the other for $30.

Also, has been sold at least 8 times between Sept 12th and now. I know at least one member here who had purchased this Stitch Tron pin from her and she told me that it was a fake.

I see on pinpics that has a counterfeit warning now. I hope that soon others will also get updates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back