• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore.com pin releases, week of 10/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised I was still able to check out with the train set a few minutes ago...

I just asked Disney if I could add 1 of those Kooky pens to my order after I had already checked out with my pin stuff and if they could apply the "Castle" code to my order, do you think they'll do that for me? I ordered both the Nightmare Before Christmas Pin set and the Halloween Train Pin set so the shipping was ridiculous = $29.95 and the Tax was $30.47.

I just asked Disney if I could add 1 of those Kooky pens to my order after I had already checked out with my pin stuff and if they could apply the "Castle" code to my order, do you think they'll do that for me? I ordered both the Nightmare Before Christmas Pin set and the Halloween Train Pin set so the shipping was ridiculous = $29.95 and the Tax was $30.47.
wow; that's pretty ridiculous for shipping costs!

and yeah; a very weak release.

sure the sets were small edition sizes, but none of them really struck me as interesting, so I didn't order anything :p

WOW, that is rediculous!

You better remind Disney that they should have good customer service and grant your request (;

Anyone else surprised that the train set did not sell out yet?

I am not very surprised. No Nightmare or Jessica in that set. Tink pin is not great. Neither is Stitch. Captain Hook is not a highly collectible villain. The only treasure there is Cheshire Cat.

Anyone else surprised that the train set did not sell out yet?
it's still up for sale?
LE135 is a fairly small release.. and people were saying trains tend to be popular

i really don't think the trains looked all that great. The Nightmare Before Christmas pins were pretty interesting, but i'll save my money and invest it in this site :)

...and the tinks. if/when they become available.

They let me do it :) My order now costs me $32.47 less!!! I guess they just credited that amount back to my credit card?

They did something similar to me today as well. They are charging me $5 less on my order from this morning. The woman from guest services stated that they don't charge the card until the order is leaving the facility.

Does anyone else think it's odd that the pin sets we are seeing are all christmas related? Do they usually go from Halloween directly to Christmas?

Does anyone else think it's odd that the pin sets we are seeing are all christmas related? Do they usually go from Halloween directly to Christmas?

No, I don't find it odd. Halloween is almost here, so we should have seen all that they are going to release for this year (I hope). As far as I can remember, DS pins pretty much have gone directly from Halloween to Christmas, so it makes sense that what they are previewing is Christmas related. I can't remember there ever being much, or anything really, ever released for Thanksgiving ... although there might be a few basic, non-holiday related pin sets released from November - early December (I don't believe that the princess compacts have been released yet).

There were some years where they did Thanksgiving/Fall pins but it look like this year they will fill the gap with Princess Pave and Compacts. Here are some of the Thanksgiving ones they did:

*will put them in when Pinpics is back up*

And it's usually a bit worse than that because the pins seldom come out promptly at 12.00 am PST/3.00 am EST. There *can* be as much as a 30-45 minute (and sometimes longer) delay on the release ... but that doesn't mean that you can/should be late because the one time you are, the pins will be released on time.

Oh, and you can find the pins either with the links or a direct search by item number.

Actually the new website means that pin releases are not instant at 3am/12am. No more waiting! :)

Oh, and what's up with the sleigh set? It looks so cheap looking! And the Alice set also looks cheap, like it was made in the 1930's. :lol:

And it's usually a bit worse than that because the pins seldom come out promptly at 12.00 am PST/3.00 am EST. There *can* be as much as a 30-45 minute (and sometimes longer) delay on the release ... but that doesn't mean that you can/should be late because the one time you are, the pins will be released on time.

Oh, and you can find the pins either with the links or a direct search by item number.

Actually the new website means that pin releases are not instant at 3am/12am. No more waiting! :)

Oh, and what's up with the sleigh set? It looks so cheap looking! And the Alice set also looks cheap, like it was made in the 1930's. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back