• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP DLP advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLP DLP advice

CoryTheRaven

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My girlfriend and I are going to Paris in May and I since I like to plan early and in obsessive detail, I had a couple questions about the resort. The first was about trading pins: does DLP have the same trading rules as DLR? (i.e.: Cast Members have to trade off their lanyards, etc.) The second was about wearing pins: I figure it would be a good opportunity to wear my Jules Verne collection for the first time, but is lanyard wearing a prevalent thing at DLP or is it more particular to pin trade events and things like that?

And the third question, not about pins: We'll be going on a Friday and am considering the Disney Dreams! Dining Package if it's available. If they are offering the dining package when we go, is it worth it? I've been trying to dig up reports, videos and photos and it looks alright but a lot of them have been saying that you're still stuck having to get there an hour ahead of time and having to stand. My only point of comparison is the seating for Fantasmic in DLR, where part of the point is being able to arrive shortly before the performance and be able to sit.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions as they come to me and the closer we get to the big trip!

In theory the same trading rules apply but you are dealing with france and some CMs bend the rules and wont trade for a pin they dont like or tell you theya re their personal pins and want more! Just beware. Look for the pin board which somes out eithr at the top of main street or at the Pueblo trading post dependent on the day of the week its run by the pin team and you can trade both OE and LE from it but its equal i.e. le for le. Wearing a lanyard - up to you most people dont around the park. However if you are there saturday or sunday then go to the puebloe trading post in frontierland and you will find pin traders usually nice people and great fun you could wear it there and certainly trade with others, other than cms

OPM me if you need any other questions answered

Jacqui

I'm actually just back from a trip there and have been a LOT of times so if you want any tips etc then feel free to PM me :)

I will be posting a trip report tomorrow night (as for some reason it is plain refusing to post at the moment) so check that out for an idea of trading and such :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back