• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP DLP August 2014 Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo no LE? Seriously?
Wondering if that may be becoming a trend given I think they said something like 250 new OE pins are being released to the U.S. parks this summer/fall. Wondering if they're going to focus more on OE and LR rather than LE. Would probably make it a lot easier to collect if they did. :)

Wondering if that may be becoming a trend given I think they said something like 250 new OE pins are being released to the U.S. parks this summer/fall. Wondering if they're going to focus more on OE and LR rather than LE. Would probably make it a lot easier to collect if they did. :)

So limiting LEs to events/PTNs and similar? Doesn't sound clever to me

So limiting LEs to events/PTNs and similar? Doesn't sound clever to me
It does when so many people complain about the inability to get LEs without paying high secondary prices for them.

Back in the day LEs used to be LE5000. Now with so many low edition pins and the secondary market so high, going back to a majority of easier to get pins would help take down some of the secondary prices and allow anyone to get the pins they want. :)

I will be very happy if/when places like DSF/WDI/PTE stop doing low edition pins. I'm all for all OE. :) Pins for everyone!

It does when so many people complain about the inability to get LEs without paying high secondary prices for them.

Back in the day LEs used to be LE5000. Now with so many low edition pins and the secondary market so high, going back to a majority of easier to get pins would help take down some of the secondary prices and allow anyone to get the pins they want. :)

I will be very happy if/when places like DSF/WDI/PTE stop doing low edition pins. I'm all for all OE. :) Pins for everyone!

I agree with you, JJ. Having a low edition pin is nice, when you can obtain them. However, if a pin is nice, I could care less what the edition is. People seem to have forgotten that a number of OE pins have become high demand pins because they are well done and/or unique.
For example: or

I agree with you, JJ. Having a low edition pin is nice, when you can obtain them. However, if a pin is nice, I could care less what the edition is. People seem to have forgotten that a number of OE pins have become high demand pins because they are well done and/or unique.
For example: or

Agree with you guys. I collect what I like, so a lower LE just makes it harder to get. OE's are often great pins. I just found a really cool 2 pin set for The Rescuers at Disneyland. I like them as much as I like the LE Rescuers pin I have.

Hello, it was wondering what the cost would be for the buzz lightyear pin, the buzz lanyard, and the frozen booster set be shipped to the USA? Anyone willing to send for a reasonable price? Would be willing to trade as well.

Agree with you guys. I collect what I like, so a lower LE just makes it harder to get. OE's are often great pins. I just found a really cool 2 pin set for The Rescuers at Disneyland. I like them as much as I like the LE Rescuers pin I have.

I agree with you guys on this point. On the other hand, someone who is relatively new to pin trading would find quite impossible to acquire some old LEs without spending an awful lot of money...

I agree with you guys on this point. On the other hand, someone who is relatively new to pin trading would find quite impossible to acquire some old LEs without spending an awful lot of money...
But it's that way anyway whether you have good pins to trade or not - you're still more likely to have to buy something older/harder to get than be able to trade for it. So the more pins that are easier for people to get, the more people can have nice collections of pretty pins without spending a ton of money. That's why I'm all for more OEs and less LEs. :)

But it's that way anyway whether you have good pins to trade or not - you're still more likely to have to buy something older/harder to get than be able to trade for it. So the more pins that are easier for people to get, the more people can have nice collections of pretty pins without spending a ton of money. That's why I'm all for more OEs and less LEs. :)
The way I see it, if you can get your hands on some good LEs now you could use them as valuable traders in some time.
Anyway, I always thought that the whole concept of LEs has somehow twisted the very initial concept of pin trading, so I'm with you on the last sentence,.

Paris has had a good amount of LE's every month now for the past few months, so I think it's good they may skip a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back