• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP DLP questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLP DLP questions...

Mcgilligan

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hello everyone,

I may be going to DLP this summer for a day.
I Doubt it will be during a PTN.

any suggestions? Should I bring traders? If so how many? type of trader?

are there any special pins I should be aware of?

thanks for your help!

John

Hello John
If you're only planning a single day I'd stick with standard park traders , I've personally only ever encountered a few other traders in the actual parks so unless you're there on a release day I'd leave the better traders at home .
If you're looking for limited edition pins , try in Harringtons (on the right hand side of Main Street) they get the recent releases first but they also sell out first . When I'm there I spend an evening going around the hotels shops to find some different LE pins left but you may not have time for this .
When trading with Cast Members look out for the Paris Lanyard pins , they're pretty cool and not as often scrappered . Like pretty much all the Disney Parks CM lanyards are a minefield of junk pins but there's usually a few good ones about , I work on 15-20 pins per day to ensure I have plenty .

LE pins are in most shops and hotels, you need to look behind the counter for a glass frame.
Lately they are exclusive releases at Pueblo's, left-overs go to shops like Harringtons.

If you go on a Saturday, Pueblo's is open then (maybe on other days too now, I've been hearing so many different things lately about their opening hours), there are tables out front with traders.
On other days, most traders are on the end of Main Street on the right where there's a bunch of tables.

It's mainly "die-hard" traders sitting over there (from what I've experienced), so I guess you could bring some better traders.

We went 3 days. The one day I didnt' take my pins there was an older guy that had a Sleeping Beauty Marquee he didn't seem overly attached too. Kicked myself, he wasn't there any of the next days and carried full pin bag 2 days for nothing after missing a potential trade. Was lucky enough to plan my last night of a 1 month trip on a PTN event and they released Russell and Pascal so was a good event. Ruined by a few idiot California traders that flooded the event with cheap DSF pins and made trading very hard for me.

Please remember that it has been more years than I care to admit since I have been to DLRP, but unless something has changed, I recall the CMs have very peculiar rules about trading pins with them. Whereas at DLR/WDW, where you can trade ANY official Disney trading pin onto a lanyard (provided said pin isn't already there) for ANY pin you want with the CM being unable to refuse, the same isn't (or wasn't) true at DLRP. There, they trade LE for LE, OE for OE and so on and I believe the CMs have (or had) a certain degree of veto power, at least if the trade doesn't follow the rules. I'm uncertain as to how LR pins are treated as they weren't being produced when I was there, or at least not in quantity and I didn't attempt to trade for any.

Oh, and have fun if you end up going!

dancecats is right- some CMs will refuse trades and they do like to pick from your lanyard rather than just be given whatever you give them. Sadly like WDW most cast lanyards are filled with scrappers and fakes nowadays. However, if you're going, I think it would be worth going on a Saturday or Sunday. This is when the main pin shop, Pueblo, is open andthere are often pin releases. Many French traders sit outside Pueblo at the weekend and trade, so it might be worth bringing LE traders if you plan on visiting then. Otherwise I would just bring cheap OEs. Pueblo also has a pin board for a few hours each day with some great options (although careful- as I have managed to get a few fakes in the past too). The second 'main' pin shop is Harringtons on Main Street USA which I believe also sometimes has a trading board, however Pueblo is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back