• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you give a reason for rejection of a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you give a reason for rejection of a trade?
i normally say no thanks, but when somebody offers me like two hidden mickeys for two LE 1000 pins that have just came out like the classic WDW D's or my Vaults i give them a little speech of how i will only trade hidden mickeys for hidden mickeys or maybe for a rack pin, or if the LE is not high wanted i can trade multiple hidden mickeys for the LE pin. but i do it as kindly as possible, i just want them to know how i see things most of the time, because what to me if is not fair trade to somebody else might be.

i normally say no thanks, but when somebody offers me like two hidden mickeys for two LE 1000 pins that have just came out like the classic WDW D's or my Vaults i give them a little speech of how i will only trade hidden mickeys for hidden mickeys or maybe for a rack pin, or if the LE is not high wanted i can trade multiple hidden mickeys for the LE pin. but i do it as kindly as possible, i just want them to know how i see things most of the time, because what to me if is not fair trade to somebody else might be.

That's cause your nice. :)

Vicki

Even after all this, I've had many rejections for a trade before and just one had a remark and it stings so I think I still prefer a "No thanks".

I get a LOT of Hidden Mickey offers for my LE pins. I say "no thanks I prefer to trade HM for HM" Hoping they'll edit out similar offers in the future

I would love it if I could sometime get an explanation, of course, I'm happy if I get a reply at all these days. But I've really tried to offer what I think are very fair trades and often trades that are better for the other person just to trade and still get turned down. I just wind up scratching my head wondering why they turned it down.

When I first started, I was so grateful to all the people who wrote back to tell me why I was [/laughing] out ...of ...my ...mind! I had no idea why a rack wasn't the same as a LE 250, I wasn't being rude, I was just a newbie and all excited...all newbies deserve time to catch up on the learning curve without being made to feel awful about it.

The vast majority were very friendly and could tell I was new, ha ha - it sure helped me learn the ropes! I was so very thankful they told me the 'why' instead of just 'no thanks...' I'd have gotten so frustrated that way, I probably would have had a very poor view of online trading and would have canned it.

Some of those friendly replies sparked friendships and as I got deeper in to the hobby and started buying the DA LE 100 auctions...well, suffice it sure was interesting how 'the meanies' then wanted to be my best pal...hmmm.

It's all in the wording - email is so subjective, you have to be careful if you're going to 'school' someone. Again though, I was thankful for the schooling!

One reply, back then, even included a lengthy list of tips, like reusing the envelopes and always using delivery confirmation. I loved her for that!

Now that I've been at it so many years I [/giggle - hope now that I] know the ropes well enough and I don't like getting the 'no thanks,' so I always put "Only interested replies necessary." It just gets me all jazzed to see a reply, only to break my heart when I find it's a no...
[/said laughingly:] and I just can't take that kind of rejection! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back