• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Docfish2u's sweet auction!!! Ends Sunday June 16th 7pm Disneyland time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Docfish2u's sweet auction!!! Ends Sunday June 16th 7pm Disneyland time
Humphffffff. Ok new bid. Homemade caramels with or without sea salt.

00a2273c-d4be-475d-a4c7-b75af5f08ce6_zpsb543dd87.jpg
[/IMG]
198e0e66-653d-4bf1-a888-669da66e10ed_zps035599cd.jpg
[/IMG]

Nevermind, just saw that Vixy already said that.
And Vixy!!! Ya stole my bid!!!!!!!! :lol:

Oops! Sorry; I tried to skim all the other bids but it was after 11pm last night and I was really tired...

Also I could bid other things from Germany, France or the UK (all places we'll be going) but I don't know what all they have!!!

(Maybe I should make it a Mystery Bid! Hm...)

Not sweets, but I am adding to my bid some proper English tea bags. So you can kick back and relax with a brew and your Jaffa cakes :D

Ok... A choice for you, David. If you would like, I can replace the 3 Packs of Guavablast cookies on my bid for:

Either

1) A pack of Cuban Style Guava Cream... the box is pretty big, its like a foot long or even a bit longer...

1FruitSpreads%20(9).jpg

OR

2) A pack of Cuban Style Guava and Jelly Mix Creme(same size as the above).

1FruitSpreads%20(8).jpg

And a couple questions... I know you said you didn't like nuts mixed with things, but have you ever heard or tried Turron (Nougat)? It's a typical latin (derived from Spain) sweet consisting of honey, sugar, eggs, and almonds, processed into a very awesome tasting sweet almond, and can vary in consistency from hard to soft.

Here are some pics of the ones I might be able to get:

4244046902_768369f2e8.jpg

turron.jpg

If you are interested in the turron more than you are in either the guavablast cookies or the guava cream/guava +jelly cream, let me know and I'll go try and find some!!

Trying to provide options for you!!

Okay, I have been inspired. I'm changing my bid to... a Mystery Bid!!!

I'm about to go on a two-week trip to Germany, France, and England. For the Alice pin, I bid... one each of the weirdest candy I can find in each country that I know we can't get in Seattle! Using my super-secret local knowledge! ;)

Plus one Kinder Egg! :D
Plus one Disney Princess Surprise Egg if I can find any.

And I just came back from my grocery store with many pictures of candy and cookies and such. You should've seen all the crazy looks I got :lol:
Will post/bid either later tonight or tomorrow.

I will bid for Pin 93586: DSF - Marquee - Mosters, Inc - Sulley, Mike and Boo and for Pin 77061: DSF - Having a milkshake at the counter - Alice. You can pick which one goes to what bid.

1. Dirt Pudding - When I was young this a dessert that Nan, my Grandmother, made when we had cookouts at Black Lake in Louisiana with our family and friends. This is a very rich and sweet dessert with oreos and a pudding mix.

2. Van Berg Cupcakes - These Nebraska cupcakes are delicious and famous around the Sales Pavilion and Horse Race Tracks. When we would bring these in people would know like hound dogs and swarm our truck. They never lasted more then a couple of minutes. The amount of cupcake I am bidding is any amount your family would like.

Humphffffff. Ok new bid. Homemade caramels with or without sea salt.

00a2273c-d4be-475d-a4c7-b75af5f08ce6_zpsb543dd87.jpg
[/IMG]
198e0e66-653d-4bf1-a888-669da66e10ed_zps035599cd.jpg
[/IMG]

Ohh these look very good, are they soft or hard? How many are you bidding please?

adding that I will UPS overnight my bid to you!

I would be very unhappy if anybody spent the money to send something overnight. I am not in that big of a hurry and would hate to see any member here waste the money to do so. It just ins't needed!!!

Ok... A choice for you, David. If you would like, I can replace the 3 Packs of Guavablast cookies on my bid for:

Either

1) A pack of Cuban Style Guava Cream... the box is pretty big, its like a foot long or even a bit longer...

1FruitSpreads%20(9).jpg

OR

2) A pack of Cuban Style Guava and Jelly Mix Creme(same size as the above).

1FruitSpreads%20(8).jpg

And a couple questions... I know you said you didn't like nuts mixed with things, but have you ever heard or tried Turron (Nougat)? It's a typical latin (derived from Spain) sweet consisting of honey, sugar, eggs, and almonds, processed into a very awesome tasting sweet almond, and can vary in consistency from hard to soft.

Here are some pics of the ones I might be able to get:

4244046902_768369f2e8.jpg

turron.jpg

If you are interested in the turron more than you are in either the guavablast cookies or the guava cream/guava +jelly cream, let me know and I'll go try and find some!!

Trying to provide options for you!!

I love options, makes my life harder :rofl: The bottom one that is caramel color, is it soft? It looks very good.

And I just came back from my grocery store with many pictures of candy and cookies and such. You should've seen all the crazy looks I got :lol:
Will post/bid either later tonight or tomorrow.

I am excited to see your pix!!!

I will bid for Pin 93586: DSF - Marquee - Mosters, Inc - Sulley, Mike and Boo and for Pin 77061: DSF - Having a milkshake at the counter - Alice. You can pick which one goes to what bid.

1. Dirt Pudding - When I was young this a dessert that Nan, my Grandmother, made when we had cookouts at Black Lake in Louisiana with our family and friends. This is a very rich and sweet dessert with oreos and a pudding mix.

2. Van Berg Cupcakes - These Nebraska cupcakes are delicious and famous around the Sales Pavilion and Horse Race Tracks. When we would bring these in people would know like hound dogs and swarm our truck. They never lasted more then a couple of minutes. The amount of cupcake I am bidding is any amount your family would like.

What is in the Van Berg Cupcakes? What flavor?

I love options, makes my life harder :rofl: The bottom one that is caramel color, is it soft? It looks very good.

The bottom one is soft. It holds it's shape well, but it is soft and crumbles in your mouth!! It's my favorite Turron. It's called Turron Jijona. I'll go on a Turron Jijona hunt if you'd like, and confirm if I was able to grab it... It's very common during christmas time, but far less common at this time... so I'll have to find it. Let me know.

Hey David...just to make Ur life easier....I will be leaving my bids as they stand here but posting more options to choose from. HOWEVER if I dont win I would be willing to discuss snack trades for 3-4 pins from the Haunted Mansion auction that it looks like u may win.

More option pictures will be posted tonight.

Homemade vanilla icing.

Thank you for letting me know. I just wanted the information before I update the leaderboard for tonight.

I think I'm gonig to bow out as there are so many people who want the pins far more then me Cx

Thank you for joining in on the fun!!!

Hey David...just to make Ur life easier....I will be leaving my bids as they stand here but posting more options to choose from. HOWEVER if I dont win I would be willing to discuss snack trades for 3-4 pins from the Haunted Mansion auction that it looks like u may win.

More option pictures will be posted tonight.

I am not sure I need more options, you have given me so many great ones to choose from already!!! If you don't win and I do win that auction I would be happy to trade pins for snacks!!!

Hey sweets... in your response posts you replied to people before me and after me but not me... just wondering if you saw my new bid!

Hey sweets... in your response posts you replied to people before me and after me but not me... just wondering if you saw my new bid!

Hi Vixy, your bid was pretty easy to understand. The problem I am having is, it is hard to know where to put a mystery bid against known bids. Especially when it is so hard to choose the known bids.

Here is the Thursday leaderboard update, and no it did not get any easier, I am going to pare it down to the top 5 for now.

Finley: (this is the only easy one so far :lol:)

1st) Lizard1515(26) - 5 each Chocolates and 3 types of cookies

2nd Onlera(60) - 4 pieces of Lembas Bread

Monsters Inc Marquee (this is going to be the hardest one, I keep redoing it so it is not set in stone!!!):

1st) Zagles14(44 & 88) - Turron Jijona, 1 bar Dulce de Leche (this looks fantastic), 3 packages cuban churros(also looks really good)

2nd) Molly(89) - 50 pieces of homemade caramels

3rd) tokyodisneydad(32 & 36) 1b, 2, 4a, 5c, 8, 10, 11a, 11d, 12a, 13c, 14b, 16c, 20c, 17, 16b, 15c

4th) Jazzy B Bunny (27 & 53 & 81) - 200 gram bar Marvulous creations bar, jafa cakes, 1 stick devon rock, proper English tea

5th) chroll(45) - Jack cookie boquet, 2 dozen pumpkin cookies

Alice:

1st) tokyodisneydad(32 & 36) 10 items: 1b, 2, 4a, 5c, 8, 10, 11a, 11d, 12a, 14b, 16c

2nd) Vixy(83) - 1 mystery sweet from each country you visit

3rd) fordracing31(86) - Van Berg cupcakes

4th) Starry_solo(47) - 1 large package pocky

Peg (this one is also very close and hard to pick a leader so don't hold me to it!!!):

1st) Psycho Pixie(54) - 2 dozen dark and white chocolate chip cookies, 1 batch chocolate chip mint squares (Those look fantastic)

2nd) tokyodisneydad(32 & 36) - 10 items: 1b, 2, 4a, 5c, 8, 10, 11a, 11d, 12a, 14b, 16c

3rd) Lizard1515(26) - 5 each chocolates and 3 types of cookies

4th) CrashMyParty(50) - 2 bags Crunch Mellows

5th) Starry_solo(47) - 1 large pack pocky

All:

1st) Combatdre(24) - 2 dozen Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies, 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies

2nd) Poohs_hotstuff(51) - 3 chocolate bars, chocolate biscuits, sea salt carmels, kinder eggs Hot wheels

3rd) oOMayumiOo(68) - 1 tray Blueberry Mochi Cake

Again tonight the single bids are beating out the bids for all of the pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back