• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Does anyone's spouse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone's spouse...

RIDisneyPinGuy

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
...steal their good traders for their collection? :eek2: :rofl:

I found 2 LE pins on CM lanyards on our recent trip to WDW, while organizing pins this am, I get the ole "Oh, you're gonna trade those? :( ". So of course I did the right thing...they are now safe in her pin bag... LOL. Guess it's time to checkout the sale forum. :rolleyes:

Not here. My wife either sits at the tables for me while I look around or watch my son as I trade at nights/parks. So could care less about the pins. To her it's wasted space in my small area on my desk that I have. She has the entire house and I own a 4x4 computer desk and the left side of the bed. :). But she's right there with me at 2 a.m. for events.

yeah, when i get some nice traders from pinpics or so, my boyfriend is like, "you going to trade those, but they are so nice" and i am like, "we don't collect that" and i get the "but they are so nice, i want them" and of course i end up with even less traders, that is why sometimes i hide them from him that way he doesn't get attach to them. lol

My spouse doesn't collect, but daughter & I are in the same boat as Kate. I've been known to lose traders to her collection before... It's ok, tho'... I like having someone else who's interested in pins with me!

Here is the conversation between me & hubby as soon as a pin arrives in the mail:

Hubby: "Is this pin valuable? What is it worth?"

Me: "I don't know. It depends ... Maybe $ ...."

Hubby: "Sell it! It is waste of money."

Me: "But honey, I just got this. I am collecting these."

At this point, my daughter chimes in: "No daddy, we love princess pins."

BUT when we are at the parks, he leaves ride lines to chase after a cast member yelling "Excuse me, excuse me!" and the traders fly off of my lanyard.

Lolol My husband collects and then trades with CM's but worries about trading with others because I'm the real fanatic! Lol

I receive pins in the mail the I purposely buy to trade, and he'll want at least half of them. Lolol

His collect will make you gasp with pride and then surprise all in the same book. Lol he likes his pins though, so that's what it is all about.

Vicki

See, it's funny...

My wife tries to act like she's not into it. If it comes up in discussion with non-trading friends, it's referred to as "his thing" or if I suggest going to a pin meet it's "if you want to do it"...

But like you, Vicki, if I get a grab bag of traders in the mail, she's picking through them. This past trip, we were working off of one lanyard, if I was too quick looking at a CM's I heard "hey, I wasn't done looking"...
She spent hours working on her new pin bag last night...
I think she may be a closet trader :shock:

See, it's funny...

My wife tries to act like she's not into it. If it comes up in discussion with non-trading friends, it's referred to as "his thing" or if I suggest going to a pin meet it's "if you want to do it"...

But like you, Vicki, if I get a grab bag of traders in the mail, she's picking through them. This past trip, we were working off of one lanyard, if I was too quick looking at a CM's I heard "hey, I wasn't done looking"...

Lololol. This too funny and familiar.

Vicki

my other half doesnt collect pins but if he see's ones he likes he puts them on his little board... and Ive had to trade for him aswell lol I dont mind though

Me and my husband collect pins...now anytime I get haunted mansion or Jessica rabbit he tells me he wants to keep them and I would be like no I want to trade them for something and then he talks me into it and I just end up giving it to him. I can't show all my pins I have because he ends up wanting to keep them!!

And the other thing is whenever a trader looks at his trades they say they see nothing from his bag that they like but ending up liking something of mine I will usually let my husband take one of my pins that the person likes of mine so my husband can trade it for what he wants. I love sharing my pins with my husband but sometimes he just drives me up the wall when it comes to getting pins in the mail he like oh no what is this?!?! Lol

I'm with the RIDisney pin guy, there must be someone we can file "Rape" charges with,lol... maybe the Mouse patrol or someone,hahaha

See, it's funny...

hahaha same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back