• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Does DPF need heavier moderation?

Does DPF need heavier moderation?

• No, I'm happy with the current state of moderation on DPF.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No, I think there should be less moderation.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I think more moderators need to be added.

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Yes, I think the current moderators need to patrol with a heavier fist.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • This poll/thread is dumb. I'll tell you why in the comments.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
I meant to reply to this long ago, but it slipped past me somehow.

I will agree with the thread and poll, however, and admit that we do need some help. While it may seem like we aren't around or don't post as much as we used to during the board's infancy, we still check in daily and have made note of the contributors. Moderator spots will be appointed by myself and Bricklayer after some internal discussion, at which point offers will be made.

We had put the decisions off for a while, as we figured, without enough time for the board to mature, choosing a bunch of moderators outright may not only cause some animosity between members, but would also not give us enough of a "history" with the moderators we choose. It could have very well been that any founding mods we might have appointed at the start may not even be here today!

It's great to know we are in such good hands and I think the decision to wait until the site matures was a very responsible choice.

It's great to know we are in such good hands and I think the decision to wait until the site matures was a very responsible choice.
the site had grown faster than we expected, but i've helped moderate, as well ad developed and managed online communities for years, so the process is familiar, but with "day jobs" and other personal issues in the way, the forum took a "back seat", as it were, and we apologize for the issues that arose during the times when we seemed to be away for extended periods of time.

Back