• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF March 2013 Pin Release! PLEASE HELP A FELLOW DPF'er in NYC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF March 2013 Pin Release! PLEASE HELP A FELLOW DPF'er in NYC???

ILuvAriel922

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey DPF,
So I know everyone has already posted in reference to the new pins that DSF will be releasing this month. I was lucky enough to get the DSF Mulan pin set for a relatively decent price through other DPF members last month. I really like being apart of DPF and contributing to the community, but unfortunately as much as I'd like to pay through the nose on pins....my credit and wallet are suffering tremendously! Not only am I currently out of work, due to a disability, but all the credit that I worked very hard to build up and pay off has quickly risen again with all the pin purchases I've made over the last 2 months. Although, I know it is no one elses responsibility and I know everyone here wants to make money, I would be extremely grateful to anyone who is willing to pick up the OZ pins for me at a price close to retail (including the marquee and any surprise releases that come out in correlation to this set).

I'm willing to provide a little extra money on top of the retail costs for your time, gas, and trouble, BUT please be within reason! Sellers need to start asking themselves where would they be making money from if they bleed dry all their out-of-state customers so early in the year? Pin prices are really becoming outrageous and it makes it even harder for me to continue to trade because if I'm spending top-dollar on my pins; why would I want to trade pins to others for what "they" consider equal in value? It would be equal in value...if I had purchased them at retail, but when I spend more than triple or quadruple that amount...than it just doesn't seem feasible to me anymore. For example, I've paid well over $200 for my Tangled BT, which doesn't include the hundreds I spent on games trying to win one in which I was unsuccessful, and loads more on my UK Vanessa Pin...hence why as much as I'd like to trade some of these in the future...it's likely to never happen as I would be taking a ridiculous loss. So...coming to a close...I ask...NO I BEG for someone else on DPF to show another fellow collector some true kindness and please message me if you have it in your heart to pick these up for me at a relatively, reasonable, price close to retail.

I know this thread is not going to get much viewing, as I'm sure everyone and their best friend will be wanting these (on top of the sharks trying to gobble them all up to hoard them so they can rip more people off), but it just seems like madness to me and I really hope things change for the better in the future :(

Thanks to everyone in advance that is willing to help me out! :)

March2013Pins_zps02b7ab5a.jpg

Last edited:
P.S. I might also be interested in the key set, but because I don't have any of the other annual passholder lock and key sets, they might be a little out of place in my collection. However, if buying the key set makes or breaks a deal for someone to pick up the Oz pins for me than I would definitely get both sets. I also asks that anyone who agrees to pick me up the set/s please try to get all the pins! I really don't want to make arrangements to purchase the whole set and than have someone tell me they were only able to fulfill part of my order. If you make the arrangements with me for the entire set....please keep your word because buying part of the set through different sellers can become really inconvenient and confusing. I know things happen so this is not a jab at anyone in particular. I am so thankful for my friend C who picked me up DSF pins earlier this month: which is totally out of her way. However, I haven't heard from her about these sets yet, so I'm assuming she won't be going to the release. I'm just trying to build a relationship with someone who I can count on, who has access to DSF that is willing to help another collector out. No one is asking for free pins...I can pay for them....I'm just trying to continue my loved hobby without having to be thrown out on the streets to support it lol. If your a true pin collector than you know where I'm coming from. If you love a pin so much its comparable to crack! LoL I just have to have it lol (NOT CRACK OMG GOD NO!) I HAVE TO HAVE THE PINS THOUGH BECAUSE I LOVE THEM LOL.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back