• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ebay Frustrations/Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay Frustrations/Question
Thanks for the feedback guys! I have left a negative feedback (1 rather than all 3) and blocked the seller. I went to contact eBay about not receiving my items but I got a message that because my Paypal was refunded I couldn't open a case.

And many, many thanks to the DPF member that PM'd me to offer the pins to me at cost :) Pin traders are the best!

I'm glad it worked out for you! I bought 2 DS.com pin sets on ebay from the same seller. Took my money and never contacted me again. I am out $175. I opened a claim but since I paid with a check (not covered under their protection program) and not paypal eBay sided with the seller! :(

I'm glad it worked out for you! I bought 2 DS.com pin sets on ebay from the same seller. Took my money and never contacted me again. I am out $175. I opened a claim but since I paid with a check (not covered under their protection program) and not paypal eBay sided with the seller! :(

Oh my goodness!!!! That is crazy!!!!

I hope you left negative feedback!!!! I hope they are no longer selling either!

Vicki

Pixie-did the seller not ship with delivery confirmation? I would definitely be filing a claim with paypal, if he doesn't produce a tracking number showing it has been delivered, you are eligible to get all your money back, but you only have so many days to do this (I think 45).

He did not say but I am assuming he did not use DC. He did say he is sending me another one but I am hesitant to believe it because other buyers have left negative feedback stating that the seller did say he/she was sending a replacement item that also got "lost in the mail". I will definitely make a claim with paypal, im just giving him a few more days to come through.

The thing that really upsets me is just how much I really wanted that Doorknob Jumbo. For me, it was an absolute bummer not to be able to attend the event. And now, to have this happen, it's just upsetting. I really hope that the seller comes through but I get this sinking feeling that that is not going to happen.

I'm glad it worked out for you! I bought 2 DS.com pin sets on ebay from the same seller. Took my money and never contacted me again. I am out $175. I opened a claim but since I paid with a check (not covered under their protection program) and not paypal eBay sided with the seller!

I would file a mail fraud claim with the United States Post Office.

Oh my goodness!!!! That is crazy!!!!

I hope you left negative feedback!!!! I hope they are no longer selling either!

Vicki

He is no longer a seller. :)

I would file a mail fraud claim with the United States Post Office.

I didn't know you could file something like that. I don't even quite understand what it is.

I tried filing a police report but they told me no actual crime had been commited! I wanted to cry! Because I entered a contract between buyer and seller I am taking my own risk and have to deal with it through the third party (eBay) who didn't take my side!

And as for PixieDust,

I would NOT trust ANYTHING this seller says. I have been burned too badly to trust promises made by online people outside of this forum.

>_> I bought all the stuff from him,picked it up in person. I put 2&2 together and figured out it was the same person who told you his GF tossed em >_<;;

He is no longer a seller. :)

I didn't know you could file something like that. I don't even quite understand what it is.

I tried filing a police report but they told me no actual crime had been commited! I wanted to cry! Because I entered a contract between buyer and seller I am taking my own risk and have to deal with it through the third party (eBay) who didn't take my side!

And as for PixieDust,

I would NOT trust ANYTHING this seller says. I have been burned too badly to trust promises made by online people outside of this forum.

The bolded is completely inaccurate. It's internet fraud and mail fraud.

Being a seller on Ebay these days I can tell you that I was surprised to find out that some buyers are now contacting the sellers after an auction ends. ONe said to me ..."I know I lost this auction but I will give you XXX amount for it." My jaw dropped! I told them I didn't know what they are talking about and did not hear back but now I wonder how many sellers take buyers up on this and then just tell the actual buyer that the pin was lost or damaged. It left me feeling kind of creepy and I didn't and wouldn't do it! Just makes you not trust anything. Sad really...

Being a seller on Ebay these days I can tell you that I was surprised to find out that some buyers are now contacting the sellers after an auction ends. ONe said to me ..."I know I lost this auction but I will give you XXX amount for it." My jaw dropped! I told them I didn't know what they are talking about and did not hear back but now I wonder how many sellers take buyers up on this and then just tell the actual buyer that the pin was lost or damaged. It left me feeling kind of creepy and I didn't and wouldn't do it! Just makes you not trust anything. Sad really...

This seller had the stuff on criagslist,and I emailed him through their anon-email thing.And we arranged a time and place for the boxes and the pins.

Meanwhile I was already bidding on 2 boxes of mystery pins on ebay,when I got automated emails saying they were no longer available.I looked and saw that the person I bought from off craigslist lived in the same area as the ebay seller,and was selling the same pins.
I asked why he ended the mystery boxes,and he said they were accidentally thrown away. I looked at his negative the OP here placed on his account.Sad thing is,I paid the EXACT same cost she paid him for the pin :/ So I don't get why he told her they were lost and sold them to someone else for the same price O_O

EDIT-It happens often,when I used to sell things I would get offers like that all the time,and I'd ignore them.And in the case of high$ things I would say well you should have bid whatever you would've paid,why email me right after the auction ends and say oh I'll give you 500$ more

Last edited:
My guess would be to get out of the ebay and Paypal fees. :(

I find it both annoying and amusing that this happened - annoyed that he lied even though I kinda figured that. Amused because of all people to buy the pins via craigslist it was one of the bidders that was winning the other Alice pins that he had cancelled - what are the odds of that happening? :lol:

I am peeved though that after I left him the negative feedback he requested his listing fees back and I gave it back to him - only for them to be sold again anyway. Lesson learned for next time!

I am peeved though that after I left him the negative feedback he requested his listing fees back and I gave it back to him - only for them to be sold again anyway. Lesson learned for next time!

I'm confused...why would you have anything to do with him getting his listing fees back?

I'm confused...why would you have anything to do with him getting his listing fees back?

Because the seller basically told E-Bay the transaction never took place, and they needed the buyer to verify this, so in fact they would refund the final value fee.

Because the seller basically told E-Bay the transaction never took place, and they needed the buyer to verify this, so in fact they would refund the final value fee.

Oh...well...that is what it is. In that situation she'd only have two choices, tell the truth or lie. And lying....well, that would just be sinking to his level.

I'm a horrible liar :lol:

And if I look at it objectively - he did refund my money and I left the negative so I consider it "even". Since the fees aren't coming out of my pocket, I'm okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back