• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ebay sales of Lots of 100 pins???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay sales of Lots of 100 pins???

jdl

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We have a trip to WDW scheduled for September. I was looking to possibly get a lot of 100 or so pins to use to trade with cast members.

Are the lots for sale on Ebay legit pins or scrappers??? Anyone have any experience with these? Anyone have lots for sale???

Thanks,

jdl

I would keep away from the large lots on eBay. Full of scrappers and fake pins. I would take a look at the sellers here on DPF. I've purchased lots here and had some good luck.

When I first started, I bought these lots and they are full of fake pins. Wasn't even worth it. People take advantage of beginner's on Ebay, so don't fall into the trap! You can get cheap (usually 3 dollars but sometimes even cheaper) pins on this forum's Sales Board (legit too)

If it's too good to be true...
Many of us started the same way, but learned the hard way that those ebay bulk bags hurts the parks and pin trading more than they help. The only clear winners are the sellers.

Ultimately, you make the call. Since you asked, we responded; no pressure or judgements.

The only lots I would recommend on Ebay are the ones that clearly show all the pins you are bidding on. If it is just a large group of pins I would shy away as they are probably mostly fake. You can usually pick up 10 pin sets that show the pins that are not bad or find pins being auctioned for .99 with discounted shipping that would be OK but I wouldn't get the bulk unknown pin lots there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back