• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Eight to Go. Darris and Angie: You Made Me AND Mom Cry!!

ZAPPED! Eight to Go. Darris and Angie: You Made Me AND Mom Cry!!

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
There are pins that we all have on our wants list that, for better or worse, we’ve essentially written off as unattainable. Being so close to finishing a Tangled collection and having the WORST completest tendencies, it was hurting my heart to be so close, and yet so, SO far away. And seeing all of the DP Rapunzel auctions come up and having ZERO traders (at least, worthwhile traders) was killing me.

So I tried to convince myself I didn’t want her, I tried to tell myself that in an edition size of 150 and 300+ people on PinPics looking for her, it was a no go. I couldn’t afford to pay more than my rent for a pin, especially with wedding, honeymoon AND living expenses to pay, so I let it be. But as a costume designer, I knew in my heart she would always be high on my list of grails.

Then I got a missed package delivery. With a signature confirmation. From an infamous address in Oklahoma.

This morning I picked it up. Inside the little box was a lot of bright pink tulle, and an adorable Flynn and Rapunzel cup wrapped up with maribou and princess ribbon. I found a cute little Rapunzel bracelet and heart shaped Tangled notepad, and a package wrapped in purple tissue paper.

… And in the purple tissue paper was Designer Rapunzel.

I didn't know what to do, so I did what I do best: called Mom. Mom freaked out.

My coworkers now think I’m certifiably insane, I cried, I jumped up and down and I danced around my cube. Even now she’s sitting in front of me, and I can’t believe she’s really mine and she’s really in a forever home. Darris and Angie have been the dearest of dear friends to me and my family – they are there when I need to talk about challenges in life, they’ve offered me wedding and marriage tips and advice and well wishes and they let me plan big adventures in Disney with their children. They have become a second family to me and my mom, and no amount of money can buy the friendship we have. It’s a pretty amazing thing to find such wonderful, generous and honest people, online or off.

Angie and Darris: I have no words but thank you. You’ve made so many of us happy, but this pin will always remind me of true friendship and generosity. Can’t wait to see you in May and at the wedding. <3

Eight to go.

---

p.s. I could never EVER accept something so generous and so coveted as a zap, and I have made arrangements to procure some of their family’s most wanted pins as a trade-over-time, coupled with a number of customized shadowbox and framing commissions throughout the rest of the year. It wouldn’t be fair of me, when so many people have worked so hard in auctions trying to get this pin, to simply accept this and be done with it. I am going to do what real friends do: pay it forward and help them find THEIR most wanted, too. <3

Omfg, this is the best! I'm soon happy for you!

at least until the surprise le 2 Easter egg pascal comes out....and the ice cream one :p

CARISSA STOPPIT. LOL!! I love you. I'ma get my fighting face on!! :shock: (<-- this is my fighting face, "Oh crap, don't hit me!")

And Hollie, we were Tangled Care-Package Twinsies today!! Let's get this thing done.

Big huge congrats!!! I would pass out if I ever owned that or Ariel designer princesses. I don't believe it will ever happen, so I know exactly how you must feel.

Enjoy!

congrats :)

happy for you, time to change your signature?! :D

YES!! That's on my list of things to do tonight! I also need to post pictures of Angie's impeccable wrapping job, it was so beautiful!!

THANK YOU everyone for your congratulations. :hsd: I am so excited and overwhelmed and grateful!! It's amazing!!

holy freakin macaroni batman...wow what agenerous gift! oh i'd wear her everyday! lol then what will the co-workers say.

holy freakin macaroni batman...wow what agenerous gift! oh i'd wear her everyday! lol then what will the co-workers say.

LOL, Dawny, my coworkers already know I'm crazy, they expect nothing less of me. But oh, she's going in the most beautiful shadowbox with DV Gothel that I can create... I am so excited...

Back