• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Emailing a member through the forum?

Emailing a member through the forum?

SimbaNala

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
So am idea I had is when you email a member through the forum, is there a way we could get a choice to have a copy of that email sent to us and the other person?

I wouldn't mind having that for my records when contacting members about pins they are buying.

Just a thought :)

By default, outgoing Private Messages are automatically saved in your Sent Items folder. This feature can be enabled or disabled through the Private Messaging section of your General Settings:

sent1.png

If this feature is disabled, you still have the option to enable it with each Private Message you send. At the bottom of each PM you compose are these options:

sent2.png

If you'd like to download your messages to your computer, highlight the messages you want to save by clicking the check boxes to the right of your Private Message list. Scroll down, click "Selected Messages" and this menu will appear:

savm.png

Check "Download as TEXT," click "Proceed..." and follow the prompt.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks for showing me all that. I'm going to go change a few of my pm settings, however, what I'm talking about is the email a member feature, not the pm feature. If it would be easier for you to picture what I'm talking about, I can try and take the screen shots like what you did above to show what I mean :)

Thanks for showing me all that. I'm going to go change a few of my pm settings, however, what I'm talking about is the email a member feature, not the pm feature. If it would be easier for you to picture what I'm talking about, I can try and take the screen shots like what you did above to show what I mean :)
Oh! :lol: I misunderstood. That feature is set up that way so as to protect the email address of the recipient. This is a feature of our forum software that we are unable to customize. I hope you understand.

Oh, I understand about protecting the other persons email address, that wasn't my goal to get that. I'd get that if they replied. Anyway, it was just an idea and no worries that it's something you can't change :) Thanks for answering my question :)

Back