• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fake & Scrappers Look Out?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake & Scrappers Look Out?!

Milky

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hello~!

2jb3bbm.png

1gpu39.png

Saw this on a Disney Pin site and thought it looked cool and wanted to see details on PinPics but couldn't find it. Is it a fake or am I just horrible at finding this set? Thanks ^_^

I've been loving the Valentine edition pins that feature Angel and I came across one. I didn't hear anything about these being scrappers but the close-up pictures make me super suspicious which is quite sad since that'll be horrible if people started buying these scrappers ;__;

AUTHENTIC (from pinpic Pin 82701: DSF - Valentine's Day 2011 - Angel)
7juyu87

SCRAPPER(?)
120m45d.png

DETAILS
2zgdr1f.png

(the upper part of the phone isn't filled in and doesn't have the holes that the authentic one has. The gold lines of the heart also looks slightly chipped in some places.)

21zwqd.png

(the lace around the heart looks thicker than the authentic one and the ends of her left ear curves differently from the authentic too. The lines on the phone's base doesn't look as fine and detailed)

BACK
qqdao2.png

(the edges are sloppy)

So hopefully anyone looking to purchase this pin will be more alert since no one wants to drop money for something that's not authentic (unless i'm wrong :anxious: then please correct me and ignore everything I wrote ;^; ).

Last edited:
were did u get the pin u think is fake. yes it looks bad to me.. always hard to say for sure from a pic. What i always look for is more than one thing wrong. Most fake pins will have a few things that are not right. If there is just one thing wrong...it could b real and just got by the QA dept. my guess is the pin in the pic is a 99% fake... but I would need to hold it to say 100%

It was someone that I was going to trade with. She sent me the first picture and I was about to go ahead when I (thankfully) checked and compared it with the PinPic picture one last time and noticed some differences. Then I requested for some closeups and she sent pictures of the back too though I don't know how the back of the authentic looks like so I can't compare that.

Just a FYI, the pinpics picture is concept art from the DSF flyer. So, there can always be differences in the finished product.

I guess we will never know unless someone has pictures of their authentic one to compare. I went on eBay to see if there are any to compare and some are even worst so now I'm completely not sure.

Saw this on a Disney Pin site and thought it looked cool and wanted to see details on PinPics but couldn't find it. Is it a fake or am I just horrible at finding this set? Thanks ^_^

1gpu39.png

Going to be honest, a lot of the jigsaw puzzle pin sets are fakes, from what I have seen. I think a scant few are authentic but most are unauthorized. I can't find that BatB set anywhere on Pinpics, either, but I will say it doesn't look good, imho. Reminds me of [pinpics]43227[/pinpics]; looks well made but is said to be bootleg.

I saw a suspect Mickey Mouse Icon Mystery Pouch - Sally on a lanyard today at DLR.

The mickey heads on the back have thinner ears.

Yea... before I researched about collecting pins, I had no idea there were fakes and scrappers... so I traded away my pins and i think i brought home some fakes/scrappers. It's sad but oh well. Now I know though I do wish that more people are aware... It's a wonder why Disney hasn't done anything to try to prevent it.

Found these on a site that sold pins from Hong Kong Disneyland. However, I can't figure out if these are fakes or not. To me they look like it but if HKD doesn't have flexible character pins these might be their version? If anyone got these from HKD please tell me so we can verify if these are fakes or not

I am sure they are authentic. These are way too pretty and complicated to be fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back