• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Favorite Disney Pin Art - What's Your's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite Disney Pin Art - What's Your's?
Being Bad is an open edition group. I like the first three. Of course, Maleficent plays into my theme collection. Jafar is dynamic with his rich red and Chernabog has the vibrant orange. However, I was not to impressed with Hades. I don't care for the design, as it's hard to make him out, even in person. Some members have created some lovely frames with these four.

28575 Being Bad (Maleficent)

28580 Being Bad (Jafar)

28581 Being Bad (Chernabog)

28582 Being Bad (Hades)

I like the Maleficent one the best and it's the only one I have. The Hades one is a mess!

Back to School!

Summer is nearly over and I'm sure a number of parents are excited for the new school year!

Over the years I have seen a number of cute "Back to School" pins.

This is one of my favorites - though I have not pursued it. :p

A Disney Auction, Stitch's auction closed on August 10, 2006, but was not released to winners. In 07/2008, the pins appeared and were sold on DisneyShopping.com much to the surprise and excitement of collectors. There was some speculation that the warehouse had lost the pins and, in 2008, rediscovered them.

48641 Disney Auctions - Back to School 2006 - Stitch (Jumbo)

56361 DisneyShopping.com - Back-to-School Series 2007 - Stitch at Chalkboard, part of a 6 pin series. This one reminds me on my son! :lol:

The lunchbox pins are so fun!
72646 DisneyStore.com - Back-to-School Series - Chip & Dale; part of a 6 pin series.
18582 DLR - Lunch Box Series (Mickey Mouse), part of a 5 pin series.

Originally released in 2006, this Disney Auction set suddenly showed up on the Disneyshopping site July, 2008.
48630 Disney Auctions - Back to School 2006 (6 Pin Set)

Last edited:
Maleficent - A Misunderstood Fairy

I am a huge fan of Maleficent and have always thought she was a misunderstood character. Imagine my pleasure when the new Maleficent movie jived with my opinion! :rock::rock:
There are, of course, lots of Malie or her dragon pins. But, this time, I will focus on Her.

3137 DLR - Maleficent & Diablo

14646, Disney Catalog Villains Lanyard, Maleficent

27915, Disney Auctions, Maleficent Evil Smile

38174, DLP, Maleficent and Diablo. Paris always does a great job on their pins.

31287, DA Maleficent, Evil Queen, & Hag

34897, DA, Maleficent Halloween Frame - did really think I would pass a chance to slip a Halloween pin in here? :)

35277, DA, Maleficent Slimline

38660, DLRP Maleficent Event

42058, DS.com, Maleficent Pave'

48736, DA, Villians, Maleficent and Briar Rose

65421, DS.com, Sleeping Beauty Tapestry Series Maleficent as Dragon
68827, DS Jumbo Art Nouveau Series, Maleficent. A Large pin, but it has an easel stand on the back of it, so you can display nicely on a desk or bookshelf.

64730, DS.com, Anniversary Series, Maleficent. The detailing of the art is MUCH BETTER in person.

98948, WDI, 2013 Halloween Series, Maleficent. This is one of a 4-pin series that creates one picture. Other characters are Ursula, Cruella, and Evil Queen.

2939, Maleficent Boxed Diva Event Gift. I think this is a HG for a number of us Malie collectors. It is for me anyway! :drool:

These are just a few of this lovely alpha fairy. I'm sure our other Malie collectors could point out some other beauties.

Last edited:
Atlantis

Atlantis is a movie we still enjoy watching. I love that Kida is so independent.
There are not a lot of pins for them. The ones that I have seen are nice. Disney Auctions productions are my favorites. Take a look and see why.
5584, DA, Atlantis Series, King of Atlantis

pin5884th200
5884, Atlantis, Milo Thatch
11408, JDS 10th Anniversary, Films #1 Atlantis. Again, much better in person.
7395, DA, Atlantis Series, Vinny the Demolition Expert

5456, DA, Atlantis Series, Capt Rourke
5439, DA, Atlantis Series, Helga Sinclair
5499, DA, Atlantis Series, Audrey Ramirez
5558, DA, Atlantis Series, Princess Kida
95710, DS.com, UK, Atlantis, Princess Kida and Milo Thatch

I've fallen in love with a lot of the HKDL pins recently. I love the amazing details and the rich colours.

I saw this one and the matching Mickey (pin 101032) pop up on Instagram and I can only imagine how stunning they are in person.
pin92352

Pin 92352: HKDL - Minnie in Mickey Head

The mid-autumn pins are really pretty as well.
pin92148

Pin 92148: HKDL - Mid-Autumn 2012 LE - Mickey & Minnie - Big Lantern

I also love love love this pin! I have this one winging its way to me in the mail and I'm so excited to add it to my collection.
pin77301

Pin 77301: HKDL - Chinese Wedding 2 - (Mickey & Minnie)

Yes, I know, I keep being distracted by pins that have nothing to do with my collections. What can I say? Too many pretty pins!! :lol:

Love the Maleficent pins and the HK ones! The Atlantis ones surprised me because you never hear anything about that movie and pins for it are so rarely seen. Are those easier to collect because there are so few and the movie's not quite as popular as, like, Frozen?

....................The mid-autumn pins are really pretty as well.
pin92148

Pin 92148: HKDL - Mid-Autumn 2012 LE - Mickey & Minnie - Big Lantern

This one is tempting to me. Especially as the orange background reminds me of a pumpkin. Although it is a "mid-autumn" pin........hmmmm.:cool:

......I also love love love this pin! I have this one winging its way to me in the mail and I'm so excited to add it to my collection.
pin77301

Pin 77301: HKDL - Chinese Wedding 2 - (Mickey & Minnie)

Yes, I know, I keep being distracted by pins that have nothing to do with my collections. What can I say? Too many pretty pins!! :lol:

Yeah, I've gotten tripped up with that thought process myself. Although, I lie.............eh em......convince myself that some feature of the pin will fit into my collection. :lol:

Love the Maleficent pins and the HK ones! The Atlantis ones surprised me because you never hear anything about that movie and pins for it are so rarely seen. Are those easier to collect because there are so few and the movie's not quite as popular as, like, Frozen?

The Disney Auction pins are harder to get. Most of the ones that caught my eye on this particular post are 100 LEs with a 10:1 ratio. Please note that I have hot-linked the pics. Click on them and they will take you directly to the pin-site. :)

This one is tempting to me. Especially as the orange background reminds me of a pumpkin. Although it is a "mid-autumn" pin........hmmmm.:cool:

Yeah, I've gotten tripped up with that thought process myself. Although, I lie.............eh em......convince myself that some feature of the pin will fit into my collection. :lol:

Oh I like your thinking!! I suppose being a wedding pin and with the colours used on it...it could fit into my Valentine's collection! OK, ok, this could work. Now...any ideas on how a Hawaiian Minnie fits in?? :rofl:

By your signature it looks like you collect a few autumn/fall pins, so that HKDL wouldn't be out of place. :D And as you said, the lantern looks like a pumpkin anyway so it could fall (no pun intended) right in with the Halloween pins as well. :bigthumb:

Oh I like your thinking!! I suppose being a wedding pin and with the colours used on it...it could fit into my Valentine's collection! OK, ok, this could work. Now...any ideas on how a Hawaiian Minnie fits in?? :rofl:.........................

I'm thinkin'.........if she was called KuuIpo (sweetheart) would that help?? Nope not comin' up with anything good yet. :)

We may have to keep an eye out for each other............for moral support.........of course. We would want....I mean... Not Want to lead each other astray! :naughty:

I'm thinkin'.........if she was called KuuIpo (sweetheart) would that help?? Nope not comin' up with anything good yet. :)

We may have to keep an eye out for each other............for moral support.........of course. We would want....I mean... Not Want to lead each other astray! :naughty:

You know, now that you mention it I'm almost sure that's her name!
Oh I agree, we may just have to do that for......yes, moral support. Absolutely. No, no, of course not, we wouldn't want that at all. Because that would be bad? :naughty:

Would you post a few and share your favorites with us? :)

Lets see if this works...

mc2l6bQs8uwuN5pC8aM4YPg.jpg

[h=3]Pin 77257 DisneyStore.com - Sketch Series - Si and Am[/h]
!BvwFl+QEWk~$%28KGrHqEOKjUEvYWm7I-NBMF4GKgGr!~~_35.JPG

[h=3]Pin 70933 Disneystore.com - Blue Sketch Series Stitch Pin on Pin[/h]
I pretty much like all of them. Just neat to see the sketches, because I'm really into traditional animation and drawing.

Lets see if this works...

mc2l6bQs8uwuN5pC8aM4YPg.jpg

Pin 77257 DisneyStore.com - Sketch Series - Si and Am

!BvwFl+QEWk~$%28KGrHqEOKjUEvYWm7I-NBMF4GKgGr!~~_35.JPG

Pin 70933 Disneystore.com - Blue Sketch Series Stitch Pin on Pin

I pretty much like all of them. Just neat to see the sketches, because I'm really into traditional animation and drawing.

These are great!

You know, now that you mention it I'm almost sure that's her name!
Oh I agree, we may just have to do that for......yes, moral support. Absolutely. No, no, of course not, we wouldn't want that at all. Because that would be bad? :naughty:

kuuipo = little darling a definite valentine theme. Pin her to your board with a paper heart under her and you have a
"valentine" pin.

Last edited:
Pirates...................Arrrgh!

People love pirates. There are a number of communities that have pirate conventions every year.
Consider a few of these for a collection.
pin3303th200
3303, DL, Pirates of the Caribbean Treasure Map

pin26917th200
26917, DLR, Framed Attraction Poster, Pirates of the Caribbean

pin46055th200
46055, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pirate Stitch

pin47670th200
47670, DLR, Pirates of the Caribbean, Golden Mickey Icon Collection, Chip and Dale
pin47782th200
47782, WDI, Marc Davis, Pirate - Jail Scene
pin47961th200
47961, Pirates of the Caribbean, Yellow M&M
pin50794th200
50794, DS.com, Jack Sparrow Standing
pin53560th200
53560, WDW, Pirates of the Caribbean, At the World's End, box set, The Empress
54389, DS.com, At World's End series, Will & Elizabeth
pin55211th200
55211, DSF, Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End, Dragon and Octopus logo

And a fellow trader (who's name may not be said -- 'cause she's evil and always lurking around to trip me up! :D ) convinced me that these ladies "are in costume", hence, they would work for my Halloween collection..................................
pin79955th200
79955, DS.com, Pirate Coin series, Tinker Bell
pin79956th200
79956, DS.com, Pirate Coin series, Jessica Rabbit

Would you like to share any pirates that are your favorites?

^I have this one and love it. Those are some really nice Pirate pins!

I also have this variation:
pin20107
which I like a lot.

Then there is this Marc Davis series:
pin26376
which is really cool. It spins and has his artwork on one side and a photo from the attraction on the other side. There are 4 pins in this series.
My latest Pirates pin:
pin85861th200

It's simple in design and I think it's really sharp!
Pirates are always a good subject!

Last edited:
Here are some really nice pins I've seen. I don't have most of them because they don't fit my collections, but if any should fall into my hands, they won't be kicked out of the collection!

pin25893
Such a cool simple design that looks like a Mondrian!

pin52015
I know the Peter Pan artwork has been used a lot but I like the way it's enhanced here. It's a very colorful and bright pin.

pin36939
This is an amazing pin. What a great piece of artwork!

pin69054
When Disneystore online used to sell really cool pins there were a handful of these amazing pins. Halloweenfiend already posted the Maleficent pin from this group.

pin91408
I like the way this one looks like a picture frame and then also has the Headless Horseman rising above it.

pin31088
Really cool looking pin with nice coloring.

pin100010
This one has a lot of details and a sense of depth, a really nice pin!

4898.jpg
For some reason most pictures of this pin look terrible but I got one for a friend and in person this pin is beautiful.

2276.jpg
This is from a cool set from dssh. I like this one best of the ones they have done.

My favorite pirate pins:

HOW could I forget one of my favorites!! I was ecstatic when I finally got her in my collection. Since the pirate-costume excuse worked for my last Tinker Pirate, this one also fit in. :wat:

Those are great! I have this one that I like a lot:
pin39593

These two crocs would be perfect together! They're real crack ups. :D

Here are some really nice pins I've seen. I don't have most of them because they don't fit my collections, but if any should fall into my hands, they won't be kicked out of the collection!

pin36939
This is an amazing pin. What a great piece of artwork!

The entire series is incredible. This is one of my favorites of Ariel.

pin69054
When Disneystore online used to sell really cool pins there were a handful of these amazing pins. Halloweenfiend already posted the Maleficent pin from this group.

I have had this pin temporarily in my possession. It is much richer in person. I would recommend it for any Snow White collector.

pin31088
Really cool looking pin with nice coloring.

You're right, it has wonderful rich colors. I love the artsy styling.

pin100010
This one has a lot of details and a sense of depth, a really nice pin!

I normally collect Maleficent by herself. I may have to change my mind on this one. :anxious:

4898.jpg
For some reason most pictures of this pin look terrible but I got one for a friend and in person this pin is beautiful.

I'm still waiting for this one to find its way to my collection. :drool:

^I have this one and love it. Those are some really nice Pirate pins!
My latest Pirates pin:
pin85861th200

It's simple in design and I think it's really sharp!
Pirates are always a good subject!

Thank you. And you're right, sometimes the simple designs are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back