• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Flaw when viewing this site on my Blackberry

Flaw when viewing this site on my Blackberry

SimbaNala

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't know if this is just my phone doing something weird, but when I'm viewing this site on my Blackberry Bold 9700, it will do this with some of the postings:

capture112842.jpg

You can see how the text is "stacked" over the other text. There's always at least one like it on every forum page I get onto (sometimes there will be 2-3 like this tho). Now I have only seen this on my phone, never on the computer.

Has anyone else had or have this issue when viewing the site on the go?

It happens on my BlackBerry Curve as well. I rarely log on from my actual computer- I am usually checking on the run from my BlackBerry, so it kind of stinks when that happens.

Looks like it may only be happening with multi-page threads. Does it happen for threads that only have one page?

I'll look into what might be causing this. I'm gonna guess it has to do with CSS/stylesheets since blackberry still uses WAP and doesn't fully support CSS, as far as i know.

That's a good point, only on posts that have more than one page. Maybe because as it shows in the picture there are the little numbers after the text (the one, two, three). I'll browse the site on my phone and see if I can find more examples of it. :)

Would there be an easy way to fix it without being too much trouble? I don't know the slightest about Blackberry and CSS vs WAP.

I just have an impression and I dont have tis problem the 6 - 8 time I have logged in from my phone. And a Blackberry of all phones would be the one you least suspect.

Well, I know Blackberry just released a new version of the phones OS, which I haven't upgraded to yet (I don't even know if it's ready for download for my phone yet). I know BlackBerry OS 6 is supposed to have a better browser in it, I'll have to look and see if it's available for Bold 9700's yet.

Dan, what kind of phone do you have?

Back