• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

FREE zap game!

FREE zap game!

reeneibakini

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Ok guys, I have some pins to give away but I can't tell you what they are. My grandfather passed away yesterday so I thought this would give me some smiles :) nothing cures a broken heart like giving :) If you want to play here are the rules.

1. Post on the thread your pinpics id so I can check your wants. (Or if you use another data base tell me what it is and your id)
2. You must have one of the pins for grabs in your wants list.
3. Message me your address
4. Include in your post your favorite/memorable/inspiring/happy pin trading moment!

Thanks for playing and providing me happy moments to read :) and joy to spread :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all my condolences to you and your family.

Pinpics ID: MzMarie

Don't have any trades yet, but my so far my fave memory has been able to find and obtain 2 pins i really wanted in one week. 1 thanks to DPF and another from an outside source. Two I wanted to begin my collection with. The Game on Utk vs Bama and the princess and the frog dvd release pin.

Last edited:
Oh my stars. I send you a big hug and my condolences go to you and your family. *sends a great big hug*

Pinpics ID: Purplemandms

As for a happy memory with pins, when I first began and had my lanyard, I really really loved this cast member series which has movie titles on it. And my parents told me that this happened to me more than once, but I only remember this one instance when I handed a pin to trade and they saw that I was collecting this series, and went to the back for a little bit. When they came back, they gave me two of the pins I was missing from the series and man, did it make me the happiest little camper under the sun. To this day, I am only missing one pin from that series, and once I complete it I plan on framing it because even though they aren't very valuable pins, they have a lot of happy memories in them.

Again, my condolences go to you and your family, and please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Pinpics: UndertheSea26

One of my happiest memories is when I really started to get into pin trading and I was at WDW and witnessed this mother giving up one of her chip and dale pins so her daughter could get a pin off of a trading board. I happened to have a chip and dale pin and I gave it to her. Her smile and the hug was so magical!

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

This is a very kind, special thing to do in remembrance of him.

My PinPics username is SoraPandora, but most of my wants are rather difficult, so I don't expect to be zapped! :)

(But I wanted to play along anyway, and share my memories, because I really appreciate what you're doing!)

I have lots of favorite memories related to this hobby:

• The day I started trading (May 9, 2012), when my best friend presented me with my first pin set. It was a Chip and Dale pin set, the two of them sharing a secret, and I will cherish it forever.

• My first in-person zap - The time I visited Disneyland and gave an out-of-state family two designer shoe pins to complete their set - They were SO sweet, and SO surprised, and their daughter ran up to me later in the park to thank me all over again!

• My first pin trading party, when I finally came face to face some of the nicest people I've ever known.

• My second pin trading party (I've only been to two!), when I saw these amazing people again, and they were just as nice as I remembered. (I am a very shy, quiet person - I don't do parties - but I have made so many special connections at these pin trading events!)

• Probably the most special memory of all - Receiving a "RAK Attack" at the beginning of this year - It was completely unexpected, and blew me away. Also, it could not come at a time I needed it more - a few days after the death of my big brother (which was also completely unexpected). Opening the box and seeing all the love from everyone here on the forum was completely overwhelming, in a good way. It saved me, emotionally.

• And any time I open my mailbox and see a package from a fellow pin trader! I have never been blessed with so many special friends. <3

Last edited:
I'm so very sorry to hear this. I hope that it was a peaceful passing and that his last few years were full of joy. You will be in my thoughts.

PP ID: Ninpin

Hmm, my happiest pin moment... probably when I found my first grail! It was a damaged pin, but it was so rare that it didn't matter to me, I still wanted it - which I think proves how special it is to me? Hehe! And the original owner gave it to me for free since they couldn't sell it! So cool! I'm still searching for an undamaged one, but even if I never find it, I'm still happy I have this pin!

Also, the first time I mailed a pin to someone else, and heard that they were very happy with it! Seems small, but it meant a lot to me to be able to bring joy to someone else in the pin community! I think it's so cool whenever two strangers from opposite ends of the country/world get connected through small acts of kindness!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find all these stories inspiring in your time of healing.

My pinpics ID is Chubs191

I don't know if I have a favorite pin trading story. I know that hunting down CMs and trading with them for the latest lanyard series was one of the only things I looked forward to as a teenager. I was going through a rough time and my sister was the one to start taking me to Disney World. We really weren't that close previous to that, but she's the one who really got me through. I don't really know if she knows that. She's the one I'm closest to in my family even today when we're miles away.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending you lots of :hug:

I hope you don't mind, but I will just post my memories and pass on the possible zap.

1)I am an old timer when it comes to pin trading. When I started it was as easy as if you have a pin I want and I have a pin you want we trade. This was the case the first time we went to Disneyland having just filled up my very first pin bag. I met a wonderful lady there and we found a table we could sit down at and we just kept trading pin for pin out of each other's books. By the time we were done we had made over 40 trades. Keep in mind this was before the scrappers first started to appear. Ah those were the days!!!

2)The trip to Disneyland in which we met Kristine (Psycho pixie) and her beautiful family. This was before we had ever heard of DPF and before there was a grailslayer. We were just 2 people from Seattle who were trying to pin trade. Kristine was so kind trading with Amy it made a huge impact on us. We saw them again the following year when we came down and Kristine was just as nice then. Finally we joined DPF and it took a while, but when I realized who Kristine was it was a light bulb moment. She never realized what an effect she had on 2 people from Seattle, but I think she knows now. :lol:

3)Being RAK'd here. I can not thank Carissa (Romancing_train) for starting this wonderful program. She is directly responsible for creating the grailslayer. When I got that package I could not believe how amazing it made me feel and it got me started on the zapping path.

4)Finally the first time we came down to Disneyland after I became the grailslayer. I was hearing about how excited many people were that we were coming down to Disneyland. Marisa threw a party while we were there and it was the start to me throwing parties since. It is always a pleasure getting to meet up with friends we have met through DPF and meeting new friends every time we come down.

My thoughts and and prayers are with you and your family. How sweet to honor your Grandpa in such a special way.

My pinpics is momin.ator

:)

- I love to watch my children trade at the parks. My smaller child loves to trade and takes a pin
every time no matter what. They really enjoy trading and it is a special time. My husband
thinks we are walking somewhere, but it takes three times longer than it should because we have
to stop at every cast member wearing a lanyard. :)

I am so sorry for your loss.

My pinpics ID is caw_caw_rawr.

I have many happy moments with regards to pins:
I think of every zap that I have ever received. To others they may seem like a little thing (or just a little pin) but to me they mean the world.

I think of pin trading at the parks with my little ones. My youngest is 2 this year. We just got back from Disneyland on Saturday. She found an Elliott letter E pin on a cast lanyard. She said, "dragon peese!" and we traded for the pin. She carried that pin around the park for the next hour. The funny thing is that last year my second youngest was 2 years old and he found a Donald pin that he traded for and did the same thing, carrying it around the park for hours. It's also fun to watch my 2 older kids trade. Sometimes they have a system, like the year my oldest traded for every Tigger pin she saw, and sometimes they don't, like this year with my second oldest. He traded for the most random pins. I look at what they trade for and giggle. It's a fun glimpse into their personalities.

I also think of the friends I have on this forum who are always looking out for me. I love receiving messages that say, "Did you see such and such pin was released!" It's just nice to know that someone thought of me. Or those who are willing to pick up pins for me as I live far from either park.

I guess the long and short of it is that it's not the pins themselves that make me smile the most - although each of my pins makes me happy or I wouldn't collect them - it's the people and the trading experience that make me smile most.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Pinpics: Warzy

My daughter and I were taking the bus back from Animal Kingdom after staying a little later to trade and check out the "pin stroller". We started talking to a family from Scotland who was there for two weeks, and the two boys each had a lanyard. I asked if I could see what they had, to start the conversation. After hearing their stories of trading in the parks, I took a reserve handful of pins out of my bag and told them to choose one to keep. Eyes lit up (except my daughter who also wanted in on "free pins.") After they had each choosen one and I started talking with the parents, the oldest of the two boys, picked something off his own lanyard and brought it up to me. I tried to refuse, but he said (in a very thick accent) that "fair was fair." I accepted this honorable gift; and had a great rest of the day.

Oh, I am very sorry for your loss. *Virtual hug* Thank you for offering this.

My pinpics ID is timeerkat.

I have two favorite stories:

The first is obtaining my very first Disney pin. I was living in Nor Cal at the time and came down to Disneyland with some friends on a college break. One of my friends got her tickets through a package that included selecting some trading pins off of a cast member lanyard. She chose a few pins for herself, then handed me one of the pins she picked. It was a tiny little Timon pin. She picked it because she knew Timon was my favorite. To this day it's my favorite pin in my entire collection.

My second story happened earlier this year. I took a day off of work to go to the parks for an annual passholder event, and decided to eat at Storyteller's Cafe that morning. I had been seated for a few moments when a young girl walked up to me and said "I like your shirt!" She was wearing the same Scar shirt I was. I smiled at her and told her the same. A bit later on some cast members came up to her family's table and sang happy birthday to her brother. I pulled a few pins out of my pin bag (a baby Simba pin and a Duffy ear hat pin), and went over to their table and gave them the pins, the Simba for her because of our awesome matching shirts and the Duffy for him for a birthday present. She gave me a big hug, and I like to think that I helped make their visit a little happier.

Aside from those, I love all the zaps and special little gifts or even just happy little notes that people here have included in their packages. It restores my faith that there are people in this hobby who do it for something other than money.

My pinpics ID is "icarusinflames"

My favorite, happy memories (pin trading related) have to be when I went to the DSF/DSSH releases with my two close friends. Sometimes it meant getting up REALLY early (around 3AM) and carpooling with my close friend over to Hollywood for a DSF/DSSH pin release, or I would spend he night with my other friend that lived closer to the store.. Either way it was always fun getting to spend quality time with both of them, since the line is always hours long anyway, we would sit or stand, talk and hang out.

I since moved away and I really miss it, but they were really good times!

Sending warm thoughts and prayers of comfort and peace to you and your family. Know your grandpa is just a thought away and closer to your heart now :angel:

disneypinqueen11

I had a funny encounter with a five or six-year-old boy who wanted to pin trade with me. We were at a pin trading kiosk, and he came up to me and asked if we could pin trade, and I said, "Sure!" He must have been eyeballing my lanyard before I actually noticed him because he had one already picked out that he wanted... he said, "I want that one!" and then he handed me a pin he wanted to give me. His dad kind of stopped him and said that wasn't how it worked, but he was just a cute and funny little guy and was obviously a die-hard pin trader, so I said, "Oh, that's okay," and we exchanged pins. His dad said thank you kind of laughing, and the little boy walked away really excited about the Hidden Mickey Lettuce pin he got from me. It was a funny experience.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and sharing your great stories! It's always nice remembering the good days of pin trading! I have found a couple winners so far, and still looking for more. I will post on here when they go out so people can be on the lookout :)

id: jimbob73

my happiest pin trading moment is when I first got my wife in to pin trading. we had our honeymoon at wdw this spring and she fell in love with pin trading. :wavey: now shes hooked.

i'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather . it's really nice of you to do this. my pinpics name is butterbear meeting my great friends on here through pin trading are the happiest as well as the lovely RAK attack i had.

Piratechick24

the he happiest trade moment was when I went to Disney world with my family last year. I was wearing a lanyard full of pins to trade with cast member when this older lady came up to me saying how much she loved the goofy pin I had. She had the "just married" pin on. I said congratulations and she started to walk off. I took the pin off my lanyard and handed it to her. She was beyond thrilled amd so happy she gave me the biggest hug. That made me feel awesome!

Sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and pixie dust for you.

A few of my treasured tradin. experiences are...

I was collecting the hidden Mickey "good" series and had just found my last one, which was Stitch. For some reason he was hard to find. All of a sudden a guy came up to me and asked if I would trade it. He then explained that his daughter was collecting the set and it was also the last one she needed for her set and they were leaving to go home that day. At the moment I knew I had to trade it and told him of course. He then picked up his phone and called his wife and daughter and told me they would be right there. They were so excited to complete the set, that I just gave her the pin and the whole family was just so excited and thrilled to complete the set. This really made my day. It took me a few months but I finally did complete my set too.
Another adventure, was when my daughter decided she wanted to bring her boyfriend with us to disney. My daught was 18 at the time and he was 19. I told her I would hook him on pin trading and made up a lanyard for him with pins he could trade. My daughter was skeptical. When we started to trade and he got the hang of it he was running a head to check out the lanyards first and he even started talking with other traders and trading with anybody that would trade with him. I just smiled at my daughter and we laughed. I really had him hooked. They just got engaged recently and they moved up to Jacksonville and are actually decorating the apartment with some of their framed pins.
One more that really sticks in my mind was when I was trading with a cast member and two small children came over curious to see the pins. The boy was maybe 5 and his sister was around 3 and they were visiting from Japan. The cast member asked if they had any pins to trade and the little boy said no they just wanted to look. I asked them what pin on my lanyard they liked the best and they each pointed to one. So I handed them to each of them and they were so excited they ran back to their family to show them what they had gotten and the whole family just cheered with joy.
I love how pins can bring so much joy to so many and how quickly it can help make freinds.

I'm so sorry for you loss, this game sounds great :)

My pinpics name is: katelouise

My favourite trading memories centre around my time working at WDW and being given my first trading lanyard as a CM. I immediately fell in love with this hobby and connecting with guests and finding those elusive pins! I also loved learning everything I could and passing that information along to guests.

Thanks for the stories! I love reading them!!! I have 5 zaps going out tomorrow!!! So be on the lookout and please post here when you got them!!

Keep the entries and stories coming!!!!!

I am so sorry about your loss! My condolances :(

My pinpics is disneydream11

For me the most special moment was when I was nominated for the RAK attack and got the big box with goodies! Also all the support I got here on the boards when I was in a battle to cancer.
I've got a lot of friends through pin trading and I am very thankfull for that :)

Thanks so much for doing this :)

The first round of people should be getting their zaps ;) would love it if you posted them on here :)
AND PLEASE KEEP JOINING MY GAME FRIENDS! I would love to zap some more people in honor of my grandpa!

Renee , I'm sorry for your loss . I hope everyone's happy memories bring you some comfort .
My PinPics is : Speedwaystar1
I've been trying to think of my best memories of pin trading and I have so many I could fill hours worth of posts but I've narrowed it down to my top two :)

1. My first ever visit to DLP was during a short break in Paris , I had a day free and decided on a whim to see what Disney had to offer . I fell in love with everything Disney that day and I've never looked back . I've always been a hoarder so pins were a natural fit for me , I bought my first lanyard and discovered pin trading and the rest as they say is history . My first single pin was a Good Luck Thumper pin , he doesn't fit any of my collections but he's never going anywhere .

2. I don't mean to sound cheesy but discovering DPF was a threshold moment for me . I've really enjoyed getting to know a lot of fellow pin lovers , I've discovered pins I never even knew existed and I've been fortunate to trade with some of the nicest people anyone could ever hope to meet , yourself included . Until I joined here I'd been reluctant to get involved in any form of social media again , I had a really bad experience with Facebook , but this site has rejuvenated my faith in online communities and I hope to be a member for a long time .

What a wonderful way to turn a sad event into one that can spread happiness. :)
Pinpics ID is sockgnome.
I hadn't ever really gotten a zap before, and a couple of months ago I got a package from someone I had arranged a trade with. On opening the package, I saw that they had included a little Winnie the pooh pin that I had had a hard time finding and wasn't sure I would ever get ahold of. It was a huge surprise, and totally made my day!

Back