• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

FULL REPORT - WDW PTN March 2, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
FULL REPORT - WDW PTN March 2, 2012

swim2sea

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Thanks to Katherine (katpogo) for writing the below post. We all had such a good time at the "after" party and the event was great. Thanks again Katherine.
wink.png

400005628542.jpg

Disney Pin Trading Night - Dale

Release Date: 03/02/12

SKU: 5628542

Retail: $15.95

Edition Size: 500

PinPics Number: 89086

Just got back from the PTN on Friday, May 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], and I had a blast! We got in line around 3:00 PM and there were already about twenty traders waiting. We joined in the trading fun in line, and I was able to make a bunch of great trades and new pin friends. Everyone in line was curious to see if the room would be larger than the January PTN so that it would be easier to navigate the aisles and avoid the claustrophobia that so many people joked about!

We were all pleasantly surprised to see that the room seemed larger, or there just weren’t as many people at this PTN. Once we were let into the room everyone scrambled to get a table and then waited in line to get the Dale PTN pin. The artist Mike Sullivan was on hand to sign the pins and was very happy to pose for a picture! There were still a few Finding Nemo Piece of Movie History pins and Reveal Conceal Family Portraits on hand to purchase. The UP pin has been very difficult to find throughout WDW.There were A LOT of Vinyl traders at this PTN. There were also a lot of people trying to complete their HM sets from this year.

WDWPTNMarch2.png

There is a nice group of Pin Talk members that meet during the WDW PTN’s to sit together. If you are new or have never ventured out to a PTN, I would highly recommend it. You can always contact me, and I would be happy to answer your questions and introduce you to our group. Here are some of us trading!

WDWPTNMarch9.png

[Juan(Simbanino), Margaret(Swim2sea), Joni(Blacksmoke), and to the far left Stacie(Spiffie) trying to avoid the pic!]

[On the right, Margaret(Swim2sea) and Laz(Creativextremeties)]

I think everyone had a great time, and I hope some of my pin friends will post their comments about this PTN!!!

My pics of the boards didn’t come out so well. I need to get with Matt and find out what settings he is using and get some tips! There wasn’t a lot different than what he already posted.

Check out the pouch! I guess this will replace the plastic bags we are all so used to seeing at PTN’s and at the parks! LOL!!!

Last edited:
Awesome report! Can't believe that people line up that early. We've only been to a couple of PTNs and never that early.

i am so jealous my eyes just turned green! If i ever can swing it (next one is in may i believe?) I am tagging along with you Margaret, like having a kid holding your shirt tail all night! It looks so awesome.....ahhhhh one day

Thank you for the report!! I really enjoy reports like these- makes me feel like I'm right there! :)

I totally love the snow white valiant and villainous coming up! ^_^

Nice! Love the May the 4th be with you! The Minnie from Paris pins are cute. What is the pin with Mickey in a space suit that looks like it says "Walt Disney World Destinations?" Released on 4/12 LE1000.
Thanks for the pics!!!

Oh wow I love the Haunted Mansion set! Must get hold of that Ezra pin at least! I guess that new tombstone in the queue was for the HHG Phineas then... but it said Phineas Pock... guess that's why they left out the last name on the pin. Maybe its like that in the queue because having two Phineas' would be odd...? I dunno. Anyhow love the pin and love the set! Especially interested in the hitchhikers. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
PinTalk is forcing me to remove this post and have stated that all posts related to the coverage of this event belong to them. Moderators, can you please delete this post.

Im confused? There are a few of us who put together pin trading nights but everyone has the right to discuss and share pictures.

When you are in a room with people with camera's with folks who are part of forums, there can. E no expectation of privacy, so what gives????

Are the gatherings a legal corporation that clearly states that photos are not allowed and all such uses belong only to one entity?

Just checking because I plan on going to these things but won't if I cannot post information or pictures.

Vicki

I think, IMO, what the issue here is the pictures were taken for use by someone on PinTalk, so they are not wanting other sites to use their pictures. If someone here took the pictures for use on this site, then I do not think it would not be an issue. Anyone can POST what they experienced on any site. Using someone else's pictures and/or experience might require permission, or a link back to that other site.

This was/is common with my other hobby, Transformers. Sometimes one site will have something the others do not. It is the nature of collecting and the internet unfortunately.

Ahhh, so just the photo's then? Well if someone else took th and does not want them shared, then that's understandable. I took the info to mean the entire thread.

Thanks Bronco for setting me straight. :)

Vicki

Hello, everyone! I want to clear the air on the coverage of the PTN and the photos so that there is no confusion or hard feelings. As many of you know I am a member of DPF and on Pin Talk. Before the PTN I was approached by Lansam to be a WDW blogger and to cover events for Pin Talk on a monthly basis. I agreed to a trial run, and the above blog posted by Margaret was my first attempt. I believe Margaret, who is a dear pin friend, decided to post it here to share it with our DPF friends. There really is no harm done, but I was asked to cover the event for Pin Talk. I am a very happy DPF member and love my pin friends that I have made and trade with on a regular basis, but my writing for Pin Talk is a journalistic endeavor and has to stay on Pin Talk. The request to delete this from DPF is only because of my agreement to blog for Pin Talk exclusively. I'm so sorry for any confusion.

I hope everyone understands and if you have any questions, feel free to pm me. Happy trading!

Ahhhh .. I was guessing so, great job Katpogo :)

Is it published on Pin Talk yet? I looked but could not see earlier.

I love your new siggy btw, SW is soooo alluring in her new errr... outfit.

Ahhhh .. I was guessing so, great job Katpogo :)

Is it published on Pin Talk yet? I looked but could not see earlier.

I love your new siggy btw, SW is soooo alluring in her new errr... outfit.

She is alluring, thanks to Laz! I love her new retro beach look. I never know what Laz will do, but I always love it!

It is posted on Pin Talk. Thanks for your understanding. I figured my pin friends would understand.

Hello, everyone! I want to clear the air on the coverage of the PTN and the photos so that there is no confusion or hard feelings. As many of you know I am a member of DPF and on Pin Talk. Before the PTN I was approached by Lansam to be a WDW blogger and to cover events for Pin Talk on a monthly basis. I agreed to a trial run, and the above blog posted by Margaret was my first attempt. I believe Margaret, who is a dear pin friend, decided to post it here to share it with our DPF friends. There really is no harm done, but I was asked to cover the event for Pin Talk. I am a very happy DPF member and love my pin friends that I have made and trade with on a regular basis, but my writing for Pin Talk is a journalistic endeavor and has to stay on Pin Talk. The request to delete this from DPF is only because of my agreement to blog for Pin Talk exclusively. I'm so sorry for any confusion.

I hope everyone understands and if you have any questions, feel free to pm me. Happy trading!

Well, isnt that just interesting. I mean, of course, you were paid by Lansam to cover this event, right? So they would own your work product under a work for hire. As such, they have the complete right to request it being taken down as they would own the copyright on these pictures. However, if they did not then I am assuming you personally requested that your work be removed by this forum? In any event, this seems to confirm the ongoing issues with Pinpics's new owners.

Pin traders line up at THREE O CLOCK . OK, I was going to come over to this PTN for a couple of hours, but as its my last night at the parks, I'm not willing to give up a whole late afternoon and evening just to pin trade .
Margaret my friend, please get me a PTN pin from this event and I will pop over . what resort is it held at ?
And to the above offender , Dry Up !!! I think its wonderful that Katpogo published this and swim2sea shared it with us .

Last edited:
hmmmmmm, i guess take your own fu pics of your own DPF fun group and post em... I get that Katpogo is in a dif position. I think its cool your doing some pics and writing for pin events. I have never peeked at pintalk, perhaps i will now.

Pin traders line up at THREE O CLOCK . OK, I was going to come over to this PTN for a couple of hours, but as its my last night at the parks, I'm not willing to give up a whole late afternoon and evening just to pin trade .
Margaret my friend, please get me a PTN pin from this event and I will pop over . what resort is it held at ?
And to the above offender , Dry Up !!! I think its wonderful that Katpogo shared this with us .

We only get there so early so that we can get table space for all of our friends. You don't need to line up if you just want to browse or buy pins! We are just crazy and enjoy the trading in line-lol!

Dawny, the after party is for everyone! I think we are all members of both forums. You need to take a vacay to WDW!!!

Margaret, I missed your post where Pin Talk is making you take it dsown . I can bet whom is behind it , 3 guesses and the 1st 2, don't count . A couple that was banned from DPF because I doubt the new Pin Talk owners care , they had wanted to share new things with DPF, but *cough* a certain couple was against it .

hmmmmmm, i guess take your own fu pics of your own DPF fun group and post em... I get that Katpogo is in a dif position. I think its cool your doing some pics and writing for pin events. I have never peeked at pintalk, perhaps i will now.

OH geez LMAO I meant to say tke your own FUN pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back