• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Getting two of the 3 pins in my signature soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting two of the 3 pins in my signature soon!

sayshelen

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm pretty excited -- I'm getting 2 of the 3 pins in my signature. :D :D I want to gush over them a little bit and once they come in the mail I will follow up with a picture...

pin17637

Pin 17637: Disney Catalog - Storybook Series #5 (Our Friend the Atom) Hinged
In the 50s, Disney made a movie and accompanying book about all the good things atomic energy could do for society. I happened to write a paper about atomic propaganda in high school, which featured this book heavily. And this pin is a mini-version of that book. I'm getting this in a trade from Bricklayer -- thanks Jon!

pin22167

Pin 22167: Disney Catalogue - Pooh Around the World (Germany)
I figured this pin would be tough to find because 1) it has very few people trading on PinPics and 2) it was originally a GWP with a beanie baby! I figured the number of people who bought the beanie probably did not pay much attention to the pin. Well, I check in with That Auction Site every couple of days to see if any of my HTFs are up there -- and it was! Only $15 with shipping, which for a pin I thought I'd never find, I'm happy to shell out for.

I would like to say that it is a change that someones Grail really means something to them personally. And you got it Most of the time, members Grails consist of pins that fit their collection which is just a like of that charecter or theme or because it's that hard to get so they can say they own it or because it's worth $$$.

I'm not saying everyone Grail pick is not important or has some type meaning (so don't jump all over me in this post), I am saying that two pins out of the blue which most of us would pass it of as a trader for lanyard pin really ment something to them with a real life fact.

Good find and that is what pins are for - a hobby and meeting someone either here California or all the way around the world. It's more than a little piece of metal, it's ..............!

I have one pin in my collection that I traded for that has real meaning. If and when all my pins are traded, sold, or just gone, I will have that one Disney pin.

Since my son was born, I have collected the Opening Day Dodgers pin. We currently have 6 pins. One for each year that we attended together. I was not thinking of doing this but at 7 month old he was at his first Opening Day. At second inning we went for a diaper change and I saw an 80+ man with his 55ish son. I glanced up at his hat and he has Opening day pins without a space left. To my own conclusion, he has taken his son to Opening Day that long ago. I am planning to do this with my son.

So thank you sayshalen for reminding me that when I'm looking or buying another pin, I will think - what is this pin really worth to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back