• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Good ebay sellers and ebay tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good ebay sellers and ebay tips

MarieGrace

Best. Day. EVER!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if anyone could PM me some good ebay sellers' usernames for pins. :). Also, I'm pretty sure I have asked this before, but what are some good ways to know if a pin is real or scrapper? Or when a pin is so cheap it can't be real. What's the price range when that happens. How much is too much to pay for LEs? Thank you so much, everyone! :).

P.S. Yeah, I still haven't gotten started in pins yet. :lol:

You answered one thing yourself, to be honest. If a pin is so cheap it can't be real, chances are it's not.

You can look through sold items on Ebay to see whether a pin has sold for that price or not. If you see a Belle pin for $100 and you can see it only sold for aprox. $20 in the sold items, you can walk away. Chances are that same seller has multiple pins that are overpriced. If you see it sold for $100 and you see it for $20 there's either something wrong with it or you've found yourself a deal. In the last case I use my Google skills. I search the forums, PinPics and Google for possible scrapper/fake warnings for that specific pin. If you're still not 100% sure, there's a board where you can ask whether a pin is fake or not.

I can't really message a buttload of Ebay sellers because I honestly only buy through the forum or Facebook. Sellers outside Ebay have lower prices (if they are fair) because they don't have to calculate Ebay fees. If you do want to buy on Ebay, don't forget to ALWAYS read the feedback of a seller. Most of the time that will already give you an answer or whether or not you can buy something from them.

I would also add to make sure that the displayed picture is not out of pinpics or similar, but a picture of the actual pin that is being sold.
What serious sellers generally do (for shoes and other collectibles too) is to put a tag with their name besides the pin when taking the picture, so no one can use it and the buyers can be confident about pin owner and its conditions.

In addition to what's been said here already: Always check the seller's feedback -- if they have even one negative (pin related) I walk. Also if they sell any "lots" of pins (usually 25-100+) they are scrappers.

For me personally, I need to see clear pictures of the front AND back of a pin before I'll buy it on eBay. That way you can look closely and see if it's messed up in any way, ideally do a comparison if you can find a good picture of the authentic one.

Just make it nice and easy fir your self. Only buy pins here on DPF. Once again only buy pins here on DPF!! You will get the best deals here most of the time and you will get real pins. There are a few members here that are in the biz of reselling pins and they will not give you such a good price. But you will find other members that will help you get new pins from the parks at regular price. You can also find a few members that have really good deals on trader pins. Some even sell new booster packs or other new pins at way below the real price. Always look around here for a good deal and stay away from eBay and resellers. Good luck to you.

Agree with lots that has been said already! Steer clear of any auction that says their pins are 'tradeable' as scrappers are tradeable at the parks but they are scrappers none the less!

Just make it nice and easy fir your self. Only buy pins here on DPF. Once again only buy pins here on DPF!! You will get the best deals here most of the time and you will get real pins. There are a few members here that are in the biz of reselling pins and they will not give you such a good price. But you will find other members that will help you get new pins from the parks at regular price. You can also find a few members that have really good deals on trader pins. Some even sell new booster packs or other new pins at way below the real price. Always look around here for a good deal and stay away from eBay and resellers. Good luck to you.

I think you're being a little over dramatic against ebay. Sure there are some scrappers and fakes on ebay, but there are PLENTY of people who don't sell those. You can sometimes get very good deals on ebay, especially from people who are selling off their old pins.

Along with what other people have said, you can also sometimes google an ebay seller's name - some of the other forums and such out there have lists of sellers along with if that seller is legit or not. But do your own research as well. Ask the seller for a photo of the back of the pin if you want. If they don't reply, look for another seller. Check their feedback if they have a few negatives or neutrals. Sellers can make comments on the negative/neutral feedback they receive. Like what MrsTheKing, you do get jerks on there who are out to score some free stuff and leave negative feedback to bully the seller.

Keep in mind that not all sellers on ebay are people who make a business of selling pins 24/7. Some people, myself included, only sell a few pins or other things on ebay every once in a while. I might not have a long list of people buying pins from me, but that doesn't mean mine are fakes or scrappers.

In addition to what's been said here already: Always check the seller's feedback -- if they have even one negative (pin related) I walk. Also if they sell any "lots" of pins (usually 25-100+) they are scrappers. .........

That is not always the case. A number of the parties selling scrappers have 100% positive feedback. Primarily, because informed collectors (the ones that would call them on the carpet) avoid them like the plague.

I think you're being a little over dramatic against ebay. Sure there are some scrappers and fakes on ebay, but there are PLENTY of people who don't sell those. You can sometimes get very good deals on ebay, especially from people who are selling off their old pins.........

Some people, myself included, only sell a few pins or other things on ebay every once in a while. I might not have a long list of people buying pins from me, but that doesn't mean mine are fakes or scrappers.

This is true.

As a collector, being well informed about the pin you wish to acquire will improve your success rate considerably. Your other option would be to not collect the pin in question if Pinpics has a scrapper alert on it.

Last edited:
I think you're being a little over dramatic against ebay. Sure there are some scrappers and fakes on ebay, but there are PLENTY of people who don't sell those. You can sometimes get very good deals on ebay, especially from people who are selling off their old pins.

Along with what other people have said, you can also sometimes google an ebay seller's name - some of the other forums and such out there have lists of sellers along with if that seller is legit or not. But do your own research as well. Ask the seller for a photo of the back of the pin if you want. If they don't reply, look for another seller. Check their feedback if they have a few negatives or neutrals. Sellers can make comments on the negative/neutral feedback they receive. Like what MrsTheKing, you do get jerks on there who are out to score some free stuff and leave negative feedback to bully the seller.

Keep in mind that not all sellers on ebay are people who make a business of selling pins 24/7. Some people, myself included, only sell a few pins or other things on ebay every once in a while. I might not have a long list of people buying pins from me, but that doesn't mean mine are fakes or scrappers.

This is great advice. I've purchased some nice pins from ebay and I've also sold pins on there, pins that I got at the park or soda fountain. Not everyone is a scam artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back