• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hard to Find- Rare!! Alice In Wonderland Pin!! Help with Authenticity!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to Find- Rare!! Alice In Wonderland Pin!! Help with Authenticity!!

pin2pin1

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Hello everyone. It's me again. I found this precious Alice in pin on the bay. I havent seen this pin ever. Although, ive only been collecting about a year. I looked it up on pinpics and decided it was a very good ratio so I wanted to bid on it. I won the auction. However when comparing it to the one on pinpics, I saw some differences. my pin is quite heavy which I excepted from its size. The pin was released in 2001. It is in good shape but can tell its an older pin. First of all, I noticed that the pinpics page said that the only words on the back of theirs was "Disney". However, my pin says "Disneyland Exclusive" Disney China. Also, I noticed that in the picture on pinpics all of the letters on the pin are full of color and solid. My pin has broken coloring in the letters. Meaning each letter is not full of color. Some are shade just in areas. Like shading. Also on their pin, Alice eyes have black pupils. My pin the pupils are a brassy golden color. The rest of the features of the pins seems to be similar. Does anyone out there have this pin? Can anyone confirm the differences for me. I might be wrong BUT I feel like my pin is legit. It would seem more proper for the back to have my wording instead of JUST Disney on it. Anyway, just let me know what you guys think. I'm adding a couple of pictures. When I get home from work, I'll take a better one of the back that's more clear. Thanks to everyone for your help. Melissa

e5abea5c61b0e746a2828616f87adf4f_zps4378ba21.jpg
[/IMG]
ea12c6849d25a20ad142193d42d05b7b_zps6b22db23.jpg
[/IMG]
566441129468918378520590a6464ee0_zpsb2cac8ad.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you. I fell in love with it when I saw it. There's another one for sale on the bay by a different seller. It must be the same person who put the description on pinpics because their description of their pin says the same thing. Nevertheless, I love my pin. It's so pretty and unique. Thanks again for your comments.

I have this pin. It is very nice. I think it is darling as well. I will try to find my pin and see what its back says. I have heard that this pin has been scrapped a bit and there was someone on the bay who was selling a bunch of them one after the other.

I have the pin and will post a picture for you tomorrow. As an Alice collector I'm very picky and I know my pin is legit because I got it as it came out.

Thank all of y'all so much. That's what I love about this forum. Members help each other out. Swim2sea, I would love to see your pin for comparison since you bought your when they came out. I do love the pin. It's so different. Thanks again.

Thanks a lot everyone. It appears its more common than I thought. Quite a few of you have it also. It's a lovely pin and I'm excited to own too. Thanks again.

It looks legitimate to me too. Some pins have variations. Congrats on your find!

I don't have the pin, but I do know one thing- when a pin is scanned on a scanner rather than photographed, gold metal often comes out looking black. I don't know why, something to do with the way the light reflects or doesn't reflect. But it's something you see a LOT when comparing actual pins to pinpics photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back