• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Jessica

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
There is an Ebay seller who is selling unathorized nude Jessica pins. He has many other fantasy Jessica pins as well.

I already reported him on Ebay for copyright infrngement. Please join me if you have the time.

FYI ....

Do a search on Jessica bada bing and you'll see :(

Hi Merryweather, I'm not sure Disney owns complete rights to Jessica Rabbit. Anyway, the seller didn't list them as Disney pins either, so I'm not sure who's copyright was infringed upon. Also, he does have them listed as "fantasy" pins and as long as that is in the item description, I think he has covered his bases with eBay. These pins are offensive to me but there are much worse ones floating around such as Pooh and Jessica in the process of sex...and some even worse than that! "Sick" is what I say but darn if they don't get bought!

Last edited:
I do not know much about Jessica actually, so I am not sure who owns the rights to her likeness.

Here is what I found:

The production companies involved in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (1988) are:

Amblin Entertainment
Silver Screen Partners III
Touchstone Pictures
Walt Disney Feature Animation

So either way, those guys who produced the fantasy pins can not use her image without getting some sort of permission from these companies above. Would any of these companies give permission for pins like the x-rated ones on Ebay? Doubtful ....

My friend Robbie is a pervert, but a super good friend . He has a nude Tinkkerbell , braless and legs bent sideways so you can't see her other female part . When he showed me, he was hysterical . I said, I believe it Robbie, you are so bad !!! He got it on ebay .

57b9_12.JPG
This is one I see frequently - apparently the fantasy Jessica and Tinker Bells pins have their own fan club following, and they want the "fantasy" pins... As sorcererhuntress mentioned above, they (fantasy pins and buyers) have been around about as long as Real Disney Pin Collectors have been collecting their legit pins, and I doubt anything is going to change as long as there is a market for them. On top of this, Disney doesn't seem to even care about their real pins being mass produced left and right so why would they bother with the fantasy take-offs? Ebay doesn't care either because Disney doesn't care so what good does it do to complain? Disney knows all of these pins are being mass produced, and if they wanted to do something they would.

BTW, I think Disney and Amblin both share the rights to Who Framed Roger Rabbit as both copyrights (Disney/Amblin) appear on most all legit Disney pins from this character and his friends (Amblin was part of Steven Spielberg company and he was involved in the production of the movie and retained part of the copyright).

Last edited:
The "fantasy" pins have been around forever. None of them are nice looking anyway.
As for who owns the rights to Jessica, it is half Disney and half Amblin (which is now folded into DreamWorks). Touchstone and Silver Screen Partners III are part of Disney. Both of them have to agree together on any Roger Rabbit merchandise or projects, which is why it's sometimes so difficult for anything to be released.

It seems these days eBay only removes posts if they don't follow their stupid posting guidelines. People that put Harry potter in with a Disney title. I feel like they need to step up the policing if they are going to do it at all.

Disney does NOT own the copyright to these renditions of Jessica. They only own the renditions as they are in the movie. Got this from my friend who is a copyright attorney. Just like they do not own Rapunzel, Snow White, Cinderella.

Poor Jessica... She is a nice married woman who simply plays patty cake with her husband. And all of these nasty pins have turned her into a bad word for a girl that gets around town. It makes me sad.

Poor Jessica... She is a nice married woman who simply plays patty cake with her husband. And all of these nasty pins have turned her into a bad word for a girl that gets around town. It makes me sad.

If memory serves, she also played patty cake with a man who WASN'T her husband... Just remember, she's not bad she's just drawn that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back