• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HELP with determining if Stitch as Headless Horseman is a scrapper/fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP with determining if Stitch as Headless Horseman is a scrapper/fake?

julia_remy

TLKaddict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 pins in the mail today from a top rated seller on ebay (I know, that doesn't mean they aren't selling scrappers and the like). Two of them look and feel fine, but the third is the Stitch as Headless Horseman (part of the carousel set) LE 1600. It feels very light, and there appears to be brushmarks all over the front of the pin. Stitch is also rather gray in color, except for his nose and the area around his eyes. The pin back is gold, and says in the top rectangular area:

9 of 10
LIMITED EDITION OF 1600

And then it has the mickey icon with the "Official Pin Trading" banner, and 2008 inside. It also has the smaller rectangle saying:
copyright (just the "c" symbol though) Disney
China

Parts of the gold backing seem to have not been cut very well, as there is extra around two of the horse's legs and Stitch's ears. However, this is apparent in the PinPics photo I looked at as well: http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=58838&sid=7227.1318404311 There is also what appears to be a gray paint dot or maybe even a chip out of the gold on Stitch's sword (although it is perfectly smooth to the touch, so I'm not sure).

If anyone knows additional info about this, please let me know. I've contacted the ebay seller and let them know that they may (or may not have) been the victim of buying a scrapper pin.

Hi, the open edition version61085: HKDL - Disney Carousel - Mystery Tin Collection - 10 Pin Set - Stitch Only, was very lightweight and thin, but the paintwork was perfect on the few pins I had from that set.

Good luck, I hope it turns out to be real

Did you notice the note on Pinpics about possible scrappers?

"scrapper alert: brush marks throughout the pin and the space between body and tail is not cut out nor is the space between the pole and sword or pole and his head."

"Possible scrapper alert. Stitch may be gray instead of blue."

You seem to have extra pieces of metal exactly where the above cut outs have been mentioned.

youd be surprised at what makes it thru quality control.. i have seen stuff at the parks that i would SWEAR up and down where scrappers :) always always ask for close up front and back photos :)

Did you notice the note on Pinpics about possible scrappers?

"scrapper alert: brush marks throughout the pin and the space between body and tail is not cut out nor is the space between the pole and sword or pole and his head."

"Possible scrapper alert. Stitch may be gray instead of blue."

You seem to have extra pieces of metal exactly where the above cut outs have been mentioned.

Agreed. I have had the real one and a fake side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back