• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help with MAC

Help with MAC

Princess

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
soo... i recently bought a macbook pro and I cant figure out how to copy and paste images in the forums on it... Can ANYONE help? I know that you are supposed to fing the button with the two A's but i cant find it... HEEEELLLPPP!!!!

If your trying to cut and paste with the touch pad, touch the apple button and the one mouse button. Other than that the function keys are like a pc such a pressing c or v.

A few ways to go about this:

1.) command + click to get the standard right click drop down menu to copy and paste

2.) get a two button mouse and it will be just like a windows

3.) use the command+c and command+v for quick copy and pastes

I use a combination of 2 and 3 because I have not and don't plan on mastering the trackpad. So far though, the transition from windows to mac has been so smooth! Hope this helps!

When using this forum, Firefox works soooooo much better for me than Safari. Sometimes the copy and pasting just shows html (or whatever) but with Firefox you can copy and paste and you can usually see the picture. Like the others said, command c and command v work just fine for this.

I don't like Firefox b/c I am so used to Safari but it drives me mad that I can not copy and paste a photo with safari.

Side note-- you can fix your mouse to have a right click function. Go to your system preferences and click choose mouse. It will show the picture of your mouse and have options for what you want each item to function as. Click that you want the right side to be your secondary button. When you use your mouse just click down on the right side of it and it should work just as any 2 button mouse. :)

I don't like Firefox b/c I am so used to Safari but it drives me mad that I can not copy and paste a photo with safari.
Yeah me too, I only use Firefox for this forum and forum related sites. It sucks using two web browsers but I got used to it from the last pin forum, it just didn't work right with Safari.

Back