• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi,I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,I'm new

Skritz

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi there,
I'm new to all this pin collecting and trading.
I only have a few pins, none of which are rare haha
I'm more interested in this hobby now and decided to join this site.
: ]

Thank you for making me feel welcomed guys
: ]
Just wondering if there is a fast way to start collecting pins to trade since I do not live close by any Disney theme park

Welcome to the Forum and to a fantastic hobby too!!!
You'll like it here.
A great way to start collecting pins is to buy them on ebay. But you have to be careful because there are fakes out there. Some members also sell pins here on the Forum so keep an eye out for that.
If you don't have a Pin Pics account, you should make one. That is the perfect way to trade if you are not near a Disney park.
Hope that helps :)

Welcome to the forum. Yes, evilbay can be reliable. I bought my first pin lot from there. Look for sellers with good feedback. Ask the seller that you are only looking for authentic pins, not scrappers.

Ok,thank you.
And just one more question that is confusing me. I don't know if there is a questions only part on the forums so if there is please tell me,that would be great.
Anyway, I am trying to buy some pins from sellers on here but Paypal has limited my account so I can't transfer money on there so I was wondering if paying by credit card on paypal to the seller would work?

I tried to put in my card but it wouldn't let me.
I just made a PayPal account today and for some reason it's limited and they haven't sent me an email back to make my unrestricted.
It's very frustrating,especially since I can't even do anything with my account.
:(

I have had my PayPal account limited before.
Usually it is because of some information that you need to verify like if you have a bank account or even just provide a phone number. The details for your particular situation should be on your PayPal homepage.

I just got it fixed, thank you for the help :)
Going to buy a few LE pins now to start a better collection.
Where could I buy a book to hold pins in and what should I use to hold them in the books?

I just got it fixed, thank you for the help :)
Going to buy a few LE pins now to start a better collection.
Where could I buy a book to hold pins in and what should I use to hold them in the books?

Welcome! You can buy a pin trading bag off eBay :) To hold pins in the books, I use coroplast, which is sort of like a plastic sheet that you may have to cut, then slide into the sleeves of the pin bag. In my experience, they hold much better than cork insertions. You can find coroplast at sign shops/hardware stores, Home Depot, or Lowe's.

Wow,thank you for all the answers.
How would I find the books on ebay,like the search title for it and how much do they usually go for?

Hi and welcome aboard! Hope you have a lot of fun here and in your new hobby.
I searched for things such as "pin trading book" "pin display book" and got some good results.
If you are going to buy a pin lot off of eBay, please be careful: be suspicious of lots that may come from China and be very low priced and that the seller may have several of.
Otherwise I can put you in touch with someone who is very reliable and never sells bad pins, but does grab bags for a reasonable price. You can send me a message here if you'd like.
Welcome again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back