• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL hidden codes for vinylmations

VINYL hidden codes for vinylmations

booboo1989

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there are special codes for the vinylmations? to find the chasers and etc.? I went to the disney store and bought some of the vinylmations, on the bottom of the box there were a bunch of numbers and a 3 digit code on all of them, like A1C or A1K, do any of those mean that they have a chaser or hard to find one in them? My wife believes they do mean something. On all the boxes the price tag was pulled up to reveal that 3 digit code, if anyone knows a code list for these please let me know, it could be helpful to find the chasers and other valuable ones. Thank you

That's the trick. For the people who buy cases, they know which ones are the chaser. I do not think anyone is gong to give out the seriel number so that "you can get it" rather than them. I knew series one and if you noticed all the other boxes piled up for regular shoppers.

Good luck.

Only certain series has them but I don't think it's really cool to reveal it. It gives disadvantage to others who dont know plus it is not cool when guests damage the boxes making it harder to sell... Our store has MOS'd some vinyls b/c of ruined or opened boxes. But yea, like Dan said you have the info you need to find out the answer.

Lame, lol, i wouldn't want to know which "mystery" vinylmation i am getting before opening it. what is the point of it being "mystery" or chaser if u really don't have to chase it around. and i also find it wrong of people scratching the box when not buying it, what are you, five? hate when a box in mess up when i buy it, it just feels use, now i know what is up. well. one less here u have to worry about taking the "chaser". :)

Little off topic thing over here. so question? what will u do if u want to trade a vinylmation but in front of you the is a kid(maybe 12 or 15 year old) so u wait for him to trade but u notice his father or uncle(whatever, the grown up with him) starts looking at pins in the wall next to the register but really is looking at all the "mystery" vinylmations that his kid is trading and his kid is asking his dad what number he should pick? okay i don't care what vinylmation is worth 80 dollars and which one is worth 5, all i care is to trade for one that i like, so the thing is not that the are going to take the "good" vinylmation that i want, because i am really not looking for anything in particular is whatever i like i keep, but my thing is: u know the father is doing something wrong, he is cheating the system, would u tell the lady what is happening or will u just wait in line. again, u don't care that he is taking a chaser or something like that, just the fact he is cheating the system, what would u do? :)

YOU know what I would do"Smack him in the HEAD!!"

:lol:

Personally, I would allow the wrongful act to occur, and as soon as the Parent/Child dynamic duo had walked away, I would warn the CM about their actions and to keep an eye out for it.
For all you know, they're not looking for a chaser either, maybe just one they really like, it's still not right to take the mystery out of the mystery boxes, and it's really just no fun.
But for that reason, I would say don't reprimand the guest, simply warn the CM :)

I agree with Mad_For_Alice. I sometimes have strangers tell me which number I should pull while I'm doing the mystery box. I don't have high expectations for the boxes so I just go with it. If I get something cool. Then yay for me. If not, then I'll go to the next box to trade. As for the codes. I don't think anyone is going to reveal it. It'll ruin the chase for sure.

:lol:

Personally, I would allow the wrongful act to occur, and as soon as the Parent/Child dynamic duo had walked away, I would warn the CM about their actions and to keep an eye out for it.
For all you know, they're not looking for a chaser either, maybe just one they really like, it's still not right to take the mystery out of the mystery boxes, and it's really just no fun.
But for that reason, I would say don't reprimand the guest, simply warn the CM :)

i know what u saying, well i was upset, just because it is wrong and the grown up was doing it, if it was the kid, i don't care much, but what an example is he teaching his kid, anyways, i kindly told him loudly(smily face) that what he was doing was wrong, that sneaking behind the cast member looking at the mystery boxes was no the way to trade, and the cast member said: i am sorry sir, i can not trade with you anymore, that was wrong and if u have any problems with my action u can talk to my supervisor, the guy left the pin station in frontier land with his kid in 5 secs. and the cast member said, thank you for letting her know, and that she will keep a look out for them and warn other cast member of people doing so. i just though it was shady of them doing so.

Many sites do not allow the discussion of special codes, etc as it allows for unfair advantages.

Totally agree with this. I have seen some guests only go in to take a chaser and nothing else, they know where they are and they ruin it for all the other guests for a fair chance. That's why the stores have started mixing the boxes and giving anyone equal chance on the chaser and variants. If you want a chaser, buy a whole box. If not then try, try and keep on trying. :)

Totally agree with this. I have seen some guests only go in to take a chaser and nothing else, they know where they are and they ruin it for all the other guests for a fair chance. That's why the stores have started mixing the boxes and giving anyone equal chance on the chaser and variants. If you want a chaser, buy a whole box. If not then try, try and keep on trying. :)

ITA! I saw a person at DLR intently rummaging around all the boxes. I went up to him and stood there and stared at him. He didn't even noticed me at first and I asked what he was doing. After some discussion, he admitted he was peeling off the stickers at the bottom to reveal the code because he gets all the chasers and rare variants and sells them on Ebay at a profit. He finds out when all the new cases comes in and does this. I was appalled. What was worse is the CMs all knew about it and just said See you next week. Some laughed. They said they cannot do anything to stop it because it is not stealing or illegal. I felt so sick because I buy tons and tons of blindboxes and hardly ever get a chaser and never a variant. Now, I know why.

ITA! I saw a person at DLR intently rummaging around all the boxes. I went up to him and stood there and stared at him. He didn't even noticed me at first and I asked what he was doing. After some discussion, he admitted he was peeling off the stickers at the bottom to reveal the code because he gets all the chasers and rare variants and sells them on Ebay at a profit. He finds out when all the new cases comes in and does this. I was appalled. What was worse is the CMs all knew about it and just said See you next week. Some laughed. They said they cannot do anything to stop it because it is not stealing or illegal. I felt so sick because I buy tons and tons of blindboxes and hardly ever get a chaser and never a variant. Now, I know why.

Oh wow, that is sickening. I am sorry for you, and hope u get a chaser somete soon. This might not be illegal, but it sure is shady, I don't mind people getting the chaser for their collection, but to take them all to sell them for profit, that is wrong because it becomes unfair to everybody else who buy them hoping to get something different. Some people are just selfish and greedy.

Oh wow, that is sickening. I am sorry for you, and hope u get a chaser somete soon. This might not be illegal, but it sure is shady, I don't mind people getting the chaser for their collection, but to take them all to sell them for profit, that is wrong because it becomes unfair to everybody else who buy them hoping to get something different. Some people are just selfish and greedy.

Thanks, simbanino. I've found I can get a chaser by buying an entire sealed case/tray. I did blindbox the 3D Mickey chaser recently, but it was from a sealed case that I watched the CM open in front of me so I knew it hadn't been rummaged through yet. Even in that situation, I bought almost 10 blind boxes before getting the 3D mickey and I ended up with 3 red gear bears! LOL! The CMs were laughing with me as I ran back and forth between the register and the case buying 2 boxes at a time and opening them right there as soon as I paid. LOL

Some people get lucky though and get a chaser before someone has had a chance to go through it first. I wish CMs would stop people from doing this. It's not fair for these people to pick out just the chasers/variants and then sell them on Ebay at marked up prices. I think the individual boxes should be sealed completely on all edges and maybe they can stop printing the special codes on the outside where everyone can see it. I know the Disney Store near me has taken extra precautions and are putting extra piece of tape over the stickers, but even then, a determined person could probably peel that off, too. :p

There was only one set that I know of you could look at the seals. We were looking for Marie and a CM said wait, picked thru the boxes and said here. We have our Marie. Not ruining the suprise, but it was nice to get the one we were after.

I wish CMs would stop people from doing this. It's not fair for these people to pick out just the chasers/variants and then sell them on Ebay at marked up prices. I think the individual boxes should be sealed completely on all edges and maybe they can stop printing the special codes on the outside where everyone can see it. I know the Disney Store near me has taken extra precautions and are putting extra piece of tape over the stickers, but even then, a determined person could probably peel that off, too. :p

I totally agree! I think Disney needs to start putting series behind the counter. And the fact that they say they can't do anything about it is ridiculous. It's not a matter of them stealing, but they are tampering with the merchandise by peeling off the sku tag! I mean, if I walked into a store, picked up a box of minnie bakery cookies, opened the box and took a few, would I not be stopped? It doesn't matter if I put the box back, it still would have been tampered with and ruined for someone else. (For the record, I have not done this :rofl:) The same is true with allowing guests to tamper with the blind boxes and cherry pick the trays. It is ruining it for other guests, and ruining the very idea behind vinylmations.

I don't think there would be anything wrong with the CMs either keeping the vinyls behind the counter, or make an effort to stop guests from doing this. It should follow the same line of code as the "you break it you buy it" motto.

/rant :hs:

This has killed the hobby in many ways because ive seen many people do this, even cast members. So even putting it behind the counter will not stop this from happening. Its sad really, don't get me started about the whole "Pin Hole" situation a year ago.

Whats needs to happen is:

A: No more codes stamped on the box
B: Chasers need to be seeded in different locations.

Problem solved...That was easy.

Last edited:
hey with the urban vinylmations there is no way at all to no what you are getting no codes noughing, i once watched a video on you tube of someone opening a full case and they seemed to thing the chaser was in the bottom right hand corner and thats a LIE i tryed all 4 corners and didnt get the chaser its post luck if you get it or not
i was lucky in diseny london yesterday i picked up 3 urban 6 vinyl and i was saying to my self wouldnt it be great if i got 3 differnt ones and even the chaser i was excited to open i opened the 2nd one and in side was a cute like vinyl what wasnt on the box :) i have a chaserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr yay

dont you think its more exciting this way?

Saw this happen numerous times at WDW Star Wars Weekend (I was there for the first SWW). SAME Person would go into the store after the Star Tours ride, see a new box put out BEHIND a counter, ask a CM for the same box in the same position from numerous boxes, and they ALWAYS got the CHASER (Ghost of Obi Wan).

CM's were so busy they just wanted to sell merchandise and really didn't address this at all. IMHO boxes should have been shuffeled up BEFORE putting them out for sale.

Mike S.

Saw this happen numerous times at WDW Star Wars Weekend (I was there for the first SWW). SAME Person would go into the store after the Star Tours ride, see a new box put out BEHIND a counter, ask a CM for the same box in the same position from numerous boxes, and they ALWAYS got the CHASER (Ghost of Obi Wan).

CM's were so busy they just wanted to sell merchandise and really didn't address this at all. IMHO boxes should have been shuffeled up BEFORE putting them out for sale.

Mike S.

Oh wow! :eek2: That is just terrible! Really makes me not want to buy chasers anymore- knowing that this is how so many people are getting them. I hope Disney fixes this problem soon. I'm hesitant to even blind box at the parks anymore when I go for a visit- this really just takes the fun out it for everyone!

Donald said last night that he was aware of this issue andthat it is being corrected and will not happen again.

Back